- QuickBooks has facilities for backing up company file and data you use this data for any accidental loss of data. Sometimes QuickBooks Unable To Backup Company File problem is a major problem in QuickBooks software. In this article, we are describing how to fix this error and why the system shows this kind of error message while trying to get the backup of the company files. You can also take help from our Certified ProAdvisors to save your time and effort.Do you know what is Back up? A backup is a data that you need to re-create your company file and QuickBooks environment in which you were working on. It saves us in the case of accidental data loss. We recommend that you must take backup of your company file at regular interval of time.When you try to create a backup in QuickBooks, you may encounter some sort of errors. Sometimes application shuts down without error. Following messages may get displayed:
- QuickBooks Unable To Backup Company File.
- Backup failed.
The most common errors include:
- H101, H202, H303, H505,
- -6000 series mistakes -6189, -82.
- C messages like C=422 or C=343
- Unrecoverable error messages
- 3371 error – QuickBooks installation is damaged.
- QuickBooks error -6073, -99001
- QuickBooks Error -6190, -816
The main reason why a company file does not open is.ND file is damaged, incorrect, or the.QBW file was moved during an upgrade without moving the corresponding.ND file.
- .ND file is damaged or incorrect.
- If the the.QBW file was moved during an upgrade without moving the corresponding.ND file.
Our QuickBooks support team will guide you what to do in order to fix this problem. Read these instructions and try to solve it yourself. If you want to hire our QuickBooks Error support team, simply call our help desk 1(855) 441 4417.
You need to understand why this is happening:
Some reasons are below
- The company file name exceeds 65 characters.
- The file name contains a.ADR extension
- The company file is larger than 3 GB.
- The path of company files is too long.
- You are trying to save a backup to an external drive or flash drive.
- The QuickBooks Desktop application is being scanned or used by another program in the background.
How to fix QuickBooks Unable To Backup Company File
Firstly, Ensure that your QuickBooks Desktop is up to date before you perform the steps shown below.
⇨ Rename your QuickBooks Desktop company file
Why do you need to change the name of my company file? It will help when you create a QuickBooks Desktop company file but misprint or used the wrong name or you created a new copy of a company file while troubleshooting an issue, and you want the new file to use the same name as the previous file.
Make sure before making any changes to your QuickBooks Desktop company file name, create a backup copy of the file.
If you are using Loan Manager that you set up in QuickBooks Desktop, you need to recreate the Loan Manager information after renaming your company file.
- Launch your QuickBooks Desktop and open your company file.
- On your keyboard, press F2 or Ctrl+1 to open the Product Information window.
- Note the location of the company file listed in the File Information field.
Quick tip: If the file name is too long, it will appear with an ellipsis (…). Hover the file name to display the full name.
- Close QuickBooks Desktop. (If you are in a Multi-User mode, close the company file in all workstations).
- Navigate to the location of the company file.
Windows 10, 8.1 and 8: Right-click the Windows Start button and select File Explorer.
Windows 7 and Vista: Right-click the Windows Start button and select Open Windows Explorer.
- Right-click the file and select Rename.
Quick tip: Depending on whether your Windows Folder Options set to show or hide extensions for known file types, the file name may appear as [Company Name].qbw or just [CompanyName].
- Type the new company file name and press Enter. If Windows prompts you to confirm the action, click Yes.
⇨ Set up QuickBooks Desktop to use the new company file name
- From the QuickBooks File menu, click Open or Restore an existing company.
- Select Open a company file and click Next.
- Select the new company file name and click Open.
⇨ Backup Company file into an external drive or flash drive
Save the backup to a local drive (such as the C:\ drive), and then copy the backup to the external drive.
- Go to the File menu, and select Save Copy or Backup.
- Select the Backup copy, and click Next.
- Select Local Backup, and click Next.
- When asked, Where do you want to save your backup copy?, select Save it now, and click Next.
- Browse to a location on your local drive (usually, this is the C:\ Drive), and click the Save button. (To simplify this process, you can save the file to the Windows Desktop, as this is a folder on the C:\ drive).
- Minimize QuickBooks Desktop.
- Locate the backup file on the local drive.
- Right-click on the file, and choose Copy.
- Open a Windows Explorer window.
- Double-click on the drive letter that corresponds to your external drive or flash drive to open it.
- Right-click on the file, and choose Paste.
Suggested Read: QuickBooks Scheduled backup not working
Technical Help & Support for Backup Failed QuickBooks
You can read these instructions to sort out your problem. Alternatively, choose QuickBooks Enterprise Support for resolving your firewall issue. Experienced and knowledgeable professionals, who with their combined skills will help to resolve your issues.
The resolution offered is complete and assured to be resolved in the minimum wait time. Contact us at toll-free +1-855-441-4417.
Read more :