Facing problem due to QuickBooks error 61, want to fix it? Here we are, to cater to you the best way to solve your problem, with an article that has all the related stuff to troubleshoot this error 61. The article comprises the solution to this issue as well as the reason behind this issue. Reading the complete solution package mentioned in the article will enable you to fix it, which offers you different methods to resolve this error 61. Go on it, and you will crack it; Still facing a problem then let us know our Quickbooks ProAdvisor will connect to you. +1-844-405-0904
QuickBooks Software is the best and the excellent accounting software used by most small and medium-sized businesses to manage their company data in an organized manner. But just like other software, users sometimes face technical errors while using QB. The QuickBooks Error 61 is one of them.
So before we begin with fixing this error code. Let’s discuss the actual reasons which cause this error and later we’ll examine how to easily fix this issue.
Table of Contents
Main Causes of QuickBooks Error 61
There are certain reasons why QuickBooks show you the error code 61. It commonly appears on your Screen while printing, opening an account, uninstalling, downloading, refreshing, sending out on Windows 7, 8, 8.1, or 10, etc. The root cause could be any corruption or malfunctioning of QuickBooks hardware.
Below we have a list of some common possible reasons:
- If there is any corrupted QuickBooks company file.
- If any Malware or Virus attacks the QuickBooks Software
- If somehow the .TLG or .ND files get corrupted.
- If someone has deleted any important framework or registry page.
- In most cases, it can also occur if your bank provides you another credit card or account number.
Step-By-Step Solutions to Fix the QuickBooks Error 61
So let’s find out the troubleshooting process. Make sure to follow all the instructions step by step to get the error code 61 fixed completely.
Solution-1: Use The QuickBook Rebuild Data
Here’s how to do it:
- First, visit the File menu and select Utilities, then click on Rebuild Data
- You’ll get a notification saying “back up your company file“, simply click the ok button and proceed
- Now wait until a message appears on your Screen saying “QuickBooks is not responding“
- Simply hit the OK after getting a message saying “Rebuild has completed“
If your issue is fixed, you can continue using the Software. But somehow if you still get the same error then please continue with the next solution.
Solutions-2: Try Resorting the Account List
Here’s how you can do this:
- First, head to the QuickBooks Desktop menu bar and select the Lists and then Chart of Accounts
- Now simply Check(✓) the “Include Inactive” option which you can find at the bottom
- Head to the menu bar again and click on View and then select the Re-sort list
- Hit Ok when you see a message saying “Are you sure you want to return this list to its original order“
- Next, you need to verify the Company file
- If the error persists, continue to the next step
- You have to create a Fresh Account and merge it with your damaged account
- Now open all the files and check whether or not if the problem is resolved
You can continue to the next solutions if you are still getting the same Error.
Solutions-3: Try Opening The Company File In New Version
Here’s how you can do it:
- The first thing you need to do is to open the latest version of your QuickBooks Desktop.
- Now head to the File menu and then click on Open or Restore Company
- Now you have to select the option Open Company File and hit the Next Button.
- Find your data file and then simply click on Open
Follow the instructions on the screen, if a window pops-up saying “Move Company File“
- Note the information shown in the Update Company File for New Version
- Now click on the Update Now and follow the instructions wisely
- When you see a message saying You are about to open a company file using a newer version of QuickBooks. Do you want to continue, simply click Yes
- Now you have to copy all the backup you created and then search for .qbw files
- Finally, when you find the file you need to check on the Payroll service and then select the Account Info/Process
Continue with the next Solution, if your problem doesn’t get sorted out.
Solutions4: Try Cleaning Your System
There might be some situations when QuickBooks shows this error if the system is affected by viruses. So it is recommended to check if our system is clean. Kindly follow the steps below:
- First Download the Reimage Repair Tool and install it
- The tool will automatically clean your PC by analyzing the condition of the system and its programs
- After analyzing it will show the list of damages and recommended repairs after completely diagnosing the system.
- Simply click on the Start Repair
- After completion, reboot your computer and open QuickBooks Software again to check whether the error gets resolved.
We hope the above solutions have helped you deal with the error. If somehow you still facing the QuickBooks error 61, feel free to consult an expert to fix the error on your behalf. You can likely contact our support team as well. Our team of experts will make sure to assist you with the best possible solution to get rid of this error.