Worried about the error message, QuickBooks has stopped working, won’t open, or QuickBooks not responding when opening? This article will help you to get rid of these types of typical issues in the QuickBooks Desktop. Here we will discuss, why QuickBooks doesn’t open, and how can we fix this issue by using different solutions. In the meanwhile, you can dial our toll-free number+1-818-295-3510 for guidance.
Reasons, Signs, & Solutions for the QuickBooks Not Responding Issue
To know, and fix the issue from the root, you need to consider the causes, signs, and solutions of the QuickBooks Desktop error message. So read the detail;
why QuickBooks has Stopped Working
In order to answer the query, we have multiple answers to this query. Because it can occur because of different reasons. here are some of the reasons listed below;
- The company name is too long
- Missing or Damaged QBWUSER.INI file.
- Corrupted Hard Drive
- Damaged Windows operating system
- Program files that are damaged
- System resources are low
- Installation error
- Maybe Conflict in some program
- The QuickBooks Desktop installation may be damaged.
Indications of QuickBooks Not Responding Error
You will get some clear indications when the QuickBooks Desktop will not responding. And they are:
- Your system shuts down automatically.
- QuickBooks not respond and the error message will display on your screen again and again.
- Device stucks and do not recognize input commands
- Your QuickBooks software does not open
How To Fix QuickBooks Stopped Working Issue
QuickBooks not responding or QuickBooks not working is a common QuickBooks error. There are several possible reasons and also the solution available to resolve this error. You have to follow the given instruction to get rid of this type of QuickBooks software error.
- Restart your personal device (Desktop/PC)
- Open QuickBooks Accounting Software
Use shortcut keys for opening the QuickBooks Software
- Click on Start >> All programs >>> Right-click on QuickBooks
- Press Ctrl Key and then open QuickBooks software.
You can easily resolve your problem by choosing any one of the solutions:
Solution 1: Restart the system and disable the anti-virus program Temporary
- Before performing any steps, reboot/restart your computer. It will help to close all background activities.
- Now, try to open QuickBooks file again and check whether the error is gone or it’s still the same.
In case the error still exists, try disabling your antivirus program temporarily. (Refer to your antivirus programs help menu or take the assistance of a qualified IT professional)
Solution 2: use QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool (QBInstall Tool)
- First of all, Download the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool.
- After that a prompt comes to your screen, now save the file to the local Desktop.
- Close all the programs running on your desktop and then only run the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic tool.
- When the process completed check that all components are properly updated, Now restart your computer.
Solution 3: Rename/Delete QBWUSER.INI file
Press the Windows + E key simultaneously on your keyboard, to open the Computer window.
- Under the “Organize” tab on the top left select,>> Folder and search options.
- Select the ‘View’ tab.
- In the Advanced Settings >> Hidden files and folders >> Show hidden files and folders, and then click on Ok.
- Go to My Computer >> C: drive >> C:\Documents and Settings\[Your user name]\Local Settings\Application Data\Intuit\QuickBooks [year]
- Right-click the QBWUSER>INI file and Click Delete/Rename
Note: QuickBooks Automatically creates a new QBWUSER.INI file.
If the program opens after you rename either QBWUSER.ini or EntitlementDataStore.ecml try opening a sample company file.
Solution 4: Uninstall and Re-install using a clean install
Solution 5: Open the company file from a different folder location (If other files or sample file do open)
Sometimes, the folder where you keep your company files can change/become corrupted. This is a system issue. Consult a qualified IT professional if the following steps still not resolve your issue.
- Press Windows + E on your keyboard in order to open the Computer window.
- Search for the data file, which will have a .qbw file extension (e.g. mycompanyfile.qbw). While searching for a file that is located on a network server, browse to the network drive on which the data file is located (for example X:\QBdata).
- After finding your company file, right-click on it and select Copy.
- Navigate to your C: Drive and Make a new folder here.
- Name that as folder QBTEST.
- Open the new QBTEST folder and Paste the company file there.
- Now, Open QuickBooks while holding the CTRL key simultaneously
- Select Open or Restore an Existing Company and go through the C:\QBTEST folder that you created.
- Open the company file that you copied in the QBTEST folder.
Solution 6: Create a new Windows Admin User
You can create a new Windows Admin user account and then open your Company file using the new user admin account you created.
Solution 7: If QuickBooks stopped working after windows 10 update
In case if your QuickBooks has stopped working due to the anniversary installation of windows 10, then you can call your QuickBooks customer Support team or also resolve by yourself by following the below steps:
- Go to your control panel and select Windows Firewall.
- Select ‘Advanced settings‘ and then Outbound rules.
- Click on the ‘New Rule’ button, choose the ‘Program’ checkbox and select click on ‘Next.’
- Now check ‘This Programm Path‘ option, and copy the location of QuickBooks.
- Choose ‘Block the connection‘ and click on public, private and Domain checkbox.
- Rename it click on Finish.
Solution 8: Use QuickBooks System Repair tool
- At very first, you need to download the QuickBooks repair tool.
- Later, you have to save the file in a local folder in the desktop.
- After that, you have to shut down all the earlier open program, followed by installing the tool.
- In addition, it should be noted that the scan will take approximately 20 minutes to run across the entire device.
- Once the tool repairs the program, the user needs to restart the console and they are good to go.
We hope that the above solutions could help you to resolve your issue. After the above solutions, if you still facing the same problem then feel free to contact our QuickBooks ProAdvisor or directly reach us on +1-818-295-3510.