Sometimes when we try to open the company file in QuickBooks. We may encounter an error 6000, XXXX. This error arisen by 3 or 4 digits with a text message that you are unable to open the QuickBooks Company File. And also receive a dialog box to press Ok on it there is no other information displays on the screen and QuickBooks cannot open the company file. There is a number of errors that may occur and all are the series of error 6000. So, read the complete article to know the details of errors and series of errors with their reasons and different method to troubleshoot them. Still, having an issue contact us on : +1-888-202-8743
The different series of error 6000 may arise:
|Errors||Causes of the Errors|
|-6176, 0||The firewall may block the connection between the two systems.|
|-6000, -107||The TLG file is corrupted|
|-6010, -100||The workstation (Not server system) may host the company files|
|-6000, -1076||QuickBooks installation is corrupted or damaged.|
|-6138, -105||The workstation (Not server system) may host the company files|
|-6210, 0||The workstation (Not server system) may host the company files|
|-6189, -83||The workstation (Not server system) may host the company files|
|-6190, -83||The workstation (Not server system) may host the company files|
|-6012, -1061||The network setup is not an incorrect way.|
|-6144, -82||The network setup is not an incorrect way.|
|-6000, -82||The network setup is not an incorrect way.|
|-6147, 0||Receiving the error while opening company files or restoring the backup.|
|-6120, 0||One of the work stations is hosting the company file or the firewall port 8019 is blocked|
Each of the series of error 6000 occur due to different reasons.
Reasons for the QuickBooks Error 6000
When QuickBooks file moved from one system to another system or drive. The permission properties may be affected and file integrity needs to be checked.
- Firewall block the connection
- .TLG file is corrupted
- Company file may be damaged
- QuickBooks installation file may be corrupted
- When you create a backup of your company file.
- While restoring company files.
- When trying to keep the company file on the Windows or Linux server.
- If there are multiple users logged into the same company file
- Network connection may be incorrectly configured
Follow the steps to get solution of QB Error 6000:
Step 1: Update QuickBooks to the latest version
This error may also occur if you are using an old version of QuickBooks. If it is yes then Update QuickBooks to the latest release.
Step 2: Download the QuickBooks Tools Hub and run the file doctor.
Download QuickBooks Tools Hub
- Before downloading Tools Hub close the QuickBooks.
- Then download QuickBooks Tools Hub and save that file at a particular location where you can easily find out that.
- After that open the downloaded file (QuickBooksToolsHub.exe).
- Follow on-screen steps and tick on to agree on terms and conditions.
- After the installation has been finished double click on to open Tools Hub.
- Go to the Tools Hub, and choose the Company File Issues tab.
- Choose Run QuickBooks File Doctor. It may take some time to open.
- Select your company file from the drop-down list in the QuickBooks File Doctor. If you don’t get the file, choose Browse and search for a file.
- Choose to Check your File option (Middle option only). And go for Continue.
- Insert your QuickBooks admin password and choose the Next option.
Still, you are facing the issue after using these tools, then follow the following solutions
The 6000 errors may occur in both local and network setups. Select the correct setup from the options and perform the recommended steps for a specific setup.
Check Out these solutions when you are opening the file locally
Opening files locally means you are opening the files on the same system in which QuickBooks is installed.
Solution 1: Rename the.ND and.TLG files
.ND and.TLG files are QuickBooks files. These configuration files allow QuickBooks to access QuickBooks files over the network and in the multi-user environment.
You face this error when these files got corrupted. Your QuickBooks data will not lose when you rename these files. When you rescan these files using QuickBooks Database Server Manager and when you open the company files these files are re-created.
1. Open company file containing folder.
2. Then search for a file with the same name as company file but with.ND and.TLG extension.
3. Choose the Rename option by right-clicking on each of the files. And mention OLD at each file name. For example: company_file.qbw.nd.OLD.
4. Reopen the QuickBooks and sign up for your company file. If you are facing the same issue then proceed for the next step.
Solution 2: Open a sample company file
You are just testing is there any error and issue is still remaining with your company file and with QuickBooks applications using the sample company file. Unfortunately, if the sample company file does not open and showing an error, it means QuickBooks installation is damaged need to be repaired.
- Choose to Open a Sample File in No Company Open option. And select from any of the sample company files.
- After opening sample files go for the next solution. But if the file is not opened and showing the same error then you need to repair your QuickBooks installation files.
Solution 3: Copy QuickBooks file on the Desktop
First copy the QuickBooks file on the Desktop then open it, you are performing step because you are checking the for the if there is an issue with the location of the file. If the file is open after saving it on the desktop, it means the file location has been damaged. It exceeded the file system path limitation. But if the file is not open after saving it on the Desktop it means the file is damaged.
- Open the folder that contains the company file.
- Search for the file with.QBW extension.
- Choose the Copy option by performing right-click on it. And paste on the Desktop.
- At the time of holding down the control key, Open QuickBooks in the No company open window.
- Choose Open or restore an existing company. Search in the Desktop for the Company file that you paste there.
- But if the error continues then go for the next solution.
Solution 4: Restore a backup
The company file is not still open after changing its location, then you need to restore a backup copy of your company file to check the issue may be with your current company file (.QBW).
If you are facing error while restoring your files follow these steps:
1. Check out for your system is not hosting:
- Go for a Company file.
- Choose Utilities in the File menu.
- Then you will see Stop Hosting Multi-User Access:
- Choose the Stop Hosting Multi-User Access.
- Select Yes option in the Stop Hosting Multi-User Access.
- Then click Yes and the Company file window must be closed.
2. Ensure that the path address of your company file may not be more than 210 characters long.
- Go to the company file location.
- Copy path address from the top of the page.
- Paste that address in the notepad and then count the characters including spaces.
3. Try to restore company file again
4. If you see the error again then go for solution 5.
Solution 5: Use ADR option to restore a backup
If the company file is damaged then it is recommended that to use recover lost data with QuickBooks Auto Data Recovery.
Check out these solutions when you are opening the file over the network
This means you are trying to open the company file saved on the server or another system.
Solution 1: Check out if the hosting is turned on the workstation
You must have one server to host the company files.
- Press F2 on the keyboard. The product information will open.
- Search for Local Server Information. Make sure hosting should be turned off.
Solution 2: Rename.ND and.TLG files and run Database Server Manager from QuickBooks Tools Hub
The.ND and.TLG is QuickBooks files. These configuration files allow QuickBooks to access company files on a network or multi-user environment.
You may face the errors while opening QuickBooks because of corrupted or damaged files. You will not have a loss of data while opening renaming the file. Files are automatically re-created when they are applying to scan using QuickBooks Database Server Manager and at the time of opening the company file.
Step 1: Rename.ND and.TLG files
- Open the company file folder.
- Search for the file name with the same name as the company file but with different extensions.ND and.TLG.
- Go for the Rename option by right-clicking on the folder. Mention the OLD word at the end of the file name. For example: company_file.qbw.nd.OLD
Step 2: Run QuickBooks Database Server Manager from QuickBooks Tools Hub.
QuickBooks Database Server Manager is used to host your QuickBooks company files. This is the best option to restart the DBMS and rescan the QuickBooks files after you rename the.ND and.TLG files.
First, Download QuickBooks Tools Hub and then run the QuickBooks Database Server Manager.
- Select Network Issues in the Tools hub.
- Choose QuickBooks Database Server Manager. You need to install QuickBooks on your server if it is not already installed.
- After searching for a company file click on Start Scan option in QuickBooks Database Server Manager. If it is not searchable then browse the location of your company file and choose the Start Scan option.
- Reopen QuickBooks and try to open your company file again. If the same issue still then proceeds to the next solution.
Solution 3: Open a sample company file locally installed on a workstationFresta
Open sample company files to test if the problem is with your company file or with QuickBooks Application. If the company file doesn’t open or it shows error it means QuickBooks installation is damaged and needs to be repaired.
- Choose to Open a Sample File in No Company Open window and you will see a list of sample company files.
- If the file is open then proceed for solution 4. But it shows an error need to install repair your QuickBooks.
Solution 4: Open company file locally
You can check if there is an issue with QuickBooks file location by the opening company file locally. The file location must be damaged if it is opened in the Desktop while saving it. And it exceeds the file’s location path of QuickBooks. If the file is not opened after changing its location then it must be the file is damaged.
- Search for a folder that contains Company file
- And find the file with.QBW extension
- Choose the Copy option by right-clicking on that file.
- And paste that file on the Desktop.
- While holding down the control key and open QuickBooks in the No Company Open window.
- Choose Open or restore an existing company. Search in the Desktop for the Company file and open that file.
- But the same issue is going to continue then go for the next solution.
Solution 5: Close all QuickBooks processes
- Login in the server system as Administrator.
- Press Ctrl+Shift+Esc on the keyboard to find the task manager.
- Select the user tab to see all processes related to users.
- All QuickBooks processes must be highlighted (QBW32.EXE, qbupdate.exe, and QBDBMgr.exe), then click on End task.
- Then open the company file in the multi-user mode.
- Still, you are facing the error then proceed to solution 6.
Solution 6: Check the folder permission manually
You may also face this error if the folder where the file is saved does not have the right permission. Setting up folder permissions to share the company file. Now try to open the company file. But still, have the issue then go for solution7.
Solution 7: Configure firewall ports and Anti-virus software
The error may also encounter if the firewall or antivirus blocks access to the QuickBooks file or program. Then configure to firewall port and antivirus software.
Note: As anti-virus programs are not provided by Intuit, so if you are facing issues due to firewalls or antivirus to solve this problem you need to take help to your anti-virus developer/vendor.
For any technical support, you may hire our certified accountant & ProAdvisor. Dial our toll-free number +1-888-202-8743.