Trapped between the QuickBooks error 6000 series, while trying to open the company file? In this article, you can find solutions to get rid of these kinds of error codes. Here, we will discuss, the different types of 6000 error codes in QuickBooks, and the reasons, solutions to the series error code. In the meanwhile, you can get expert advice by dialing the toll-free number+1-844-405-0904.
What is QuickBooks Error 6000 Series Code
QuickBooks error 6000 is a series code of 3 or 4 digits, which enables you to open the QuickBooks company file with a text message. And also appear with a dialog box to press Ok on it there is no other information displays on the screen and QuickBooks cannot open the company file.
There is a number of errors that may occur and all are the series of error 6000. All have their different reasons, and solutions. First, know the error code type;
The different series of error 6000 may arise:
|Errors||Causes of the Errors|
|-6176, 0||The firewall may block the connection between the two systems.|
|-6000, -107||The TLG file is corrupted|
|-6010, -100||The workstation (Not server system) may host the company files|
|-6000, -1076||QuickBooks installation is corrupted or damaged.|
|-6138, -105||The workstation (Not server system) may host the company files|
|-6210, 0||The workstation (Not server system) may host the company files|
|-6189, -83||The workstation (Not server system) may host the company files|
|-6190, -83||The workstation (Not server system) may host the company files|
|-6012, -1061||The network setup is not the incorrect way.|
|-6144, -82||The network setup is not the incorrect way.|
|-6000, -82||The network setup is not the incorrect way.|
|–6147, 0||Receiving the error while opening company files or restoring the backup.|
|-6120, 0||One of the workstations is hosting the company file or the firewall port 8019 is blocked|
Why the 6000 Error Occurs in QuickBooks
You will find different reasons for this 6000 error series. Here are some of the reasons for the error codes;
- Firewall block the connection
- .TLG file is corrupted
- Company file may be damaged
- QuickBooks installation file may be corrupted
- When you create a backup of your company file.
- While restoring company files.
- When trying to keep the company file on the Windows or Linux server.
- If there are multiple users logged into the same company file
- Network connection may be incorrectly configured.
When QuickBooks file moved from one system to another system or drive. The permission properties may be affected and file integrity needs to be checked.
How to Solve 6000 Error Series in QuickBooks
These types of errors appear in different scenarios, so we have given solutions according to the situation. Select your situation type, and follow the exact solution to fix issues. We have also given some of the common solutions to this error code, before taking any long steps try to reach the common solutions.
Common Solutions for 6000 Error Series
Here are the 2 primary solutions of the error series;
Step 1: Update QuickBooks to the Latest Version
Ensure that your QuickBooks is in the latest updated version, if it is not in the latest version then check the availability of the update, and update the QuickBooks.
Step 2: Run the QuickBooks File Doctor
In the next step, run the tool, as a common solution for all 6000 series error codes.
- Close all of the QuickBooks program, and download the QuickBooks tool hub.
- Open the QuickBooksToolsHub.exe file, and agree with the terms, and conditions to install it properly.
- After the complete installation process, open the tool hub, and go to the ‘Company File Issues‘ tab.
- Click on the ‘Run QuickBooks File Doctor‘ option, and select the company file that you have the issue.
- After that, click on the ‘Check your File’ option and Continue it.
Scenario 1: Whenever you open the Company File Locally
If you are opening the company file on the same computer, where the QuickBooks is installed, then you should follow the below solution.
Solution 1: Rename the.ND and.TLG files
The .ND and.TLG files are the configuration files in QuickBooks that allow QuickBooks to access files over the network and in the multi-user mode. There are a lot of chances of showing errors if the file is damaged.
So renaming of .ND and .TLG file is the way of avoiding the issue, and data loss in the file.
When you rescan these files using QuickBooks database server manager and when you open the company files these files are re-created.
- Open company file containing folder.
- Then search for a file with the same name as the company file but with.ND and.TLG extension.
- Choose the Rename option by right-clicking on each of the files. And mention OLD at each file name. For example: company_file.qbw.nd.OLD.
- Reopen the QuickBooks and sign up for your company file. If you are facing the same issue then proceed to the next step.
Solution 2: Open a sample company file
You are just testing is there any error and the issue is still remaining with your company file and with QuickBooks applications using the sample company file. Unfortunately, if the sample company file does not open and showing an error, it means the QuickBooks installation is damaged needs to be repaired.
- Choose to Open a Sample File in No Company Open option. And select from any of the sample company files.
- After opening sample files go for the next solution. But if the file is not opened and showing the same error then you need to repair your QuickBooks installation files.
Solution 3: Copy QuickBooks file on the Desktop
First copy the QuickBooks file on the Desktop then open it, you are performing the step because you are checking for if there is an issue with the location of the file. If the file is open after saving it on the desktop, it means the file location has been damaged. It exceeded the file system path limitation. But if the file is not open after saving it on the Desktop it means the file is damaged.
- Open the folder that contains the company file.
- Search for the file with.QBW extension.
- Choose the Copy option by performing right-click on it. And paste on the Desktop.
- At the time of holding down the control key, Open QuickBooks in the No company open window.
- Choose Open or restore an existing company. Search in the Desktop for the Company file that you paste there.
- But if the error continues then go for the next solution.
Solution 4: Restore a backup of the Company File
The company file is not still open after changing its location, then you need to restore a backup copy of your company file to check the issue may be with your current company file (.QBW).
If you are facing an error while restoring your files follow these steps:
- Check out for your system is not hosting:
- Go for a Company file.
- Choose Utilities in the File menu.
- Then you will see Stop Hosting Multi-User Access:
- Choose the Stop Hosting Multi-User Access.
- Select Yes option in the Stop Hosting Multi-User Access.
- Then click Yes and the Company file window must be closed.
- Ensure that the path address of your company file may not be more than 210 characters long.
- Go to the company file location.
- Copy path address from the top of the page.
- Paste that address in the notepad and then count the characters including spaces.
- Try to restore company file again
If you see the error again then go for solution 5.
Solution 5: Use ADR option to restore a backup
If the company file is damaged then it is recommended that to use recover lost data with QuickBooks auto data recovery.
Scenario 2: Whenever you Open File Over the network
This means you are trying to open the company file saved on the server or another system.
Solution 1: Check out if the hosting is turned on the workstation
You must have one server to host the company files.
- Press F2 on the keyboard. The product information will open.
- Search for Local Server Information. Make sure hosting should be turned off.
Solution 2: Rename.ND and.TLG files and run the Database Server
Rename the .ND and .TLG file by the above-given procedure, and run the database server manager from the ‘Network Issue’section of the tool hub to start a scanning process.
Solution 3: Open a sample company file locally installed on a workstation
Open sample company files to test if the problem is with your company file or with QuickBooks Application. If the company file doesn’t open or it shows an error it means QuickBooks installation is damaged and needs to be repaired.
- Choose to Open a Sample File in No Company Open window and you will see a list of sample company files.
- If the file is open then proceed for solution 4. But it shows an error need to install repair your QuickBooks.
Solution 4: Open the QuickBooks company file locally
You can check if there is an issue with the QuickBooks file location by the opening company file locally. The file location must be damaged if it is opened on the Desktop while saving it. And it exceeds the file’s location path of QuickBooks. If the file is not opened after changing its location then it must be the file is damaged.
- Search for a folder that contains Company file
- And find the file with.QBW extension
- Choose the Copy option by right-clicking on that file.
- And paste that file on the Desktop.
- While holding down the control key and open QuickBooks in the No Company Open window.
- Choose Open or restore an existing company. Search in the Desktop for the Company file and open that file.
- But the same issue is going to continue then go for the next solution.
Solution 5: Close all the QuickBooks programs
- Login in the server system as Administrator.
- Press Ctrl+Shift+Esc on the keyboard to find the task manager.
- Select the user tab to see all processes related to users.
- All QuickBooks processes must be highlighted (QBW32.EXE, qbupdate.exe, and QBDBMgr.exe), then click on End task.
- Then open the company file in the multi-user mode.
- Still, you are facing the error then proceed to solution 6.
Solution 6: Check the folder permission manually
You may also face this error if the folder where the file is saved does not have the right permission. Setting up folder permissions to share the company file. Now try to open the company file. But still, have the issue then go for a solution.
Solution 7: Configure firewall ports and Anti-virus software
The error may also encounter if the firewall or antivirus blocks access to the QuickBooks file or program. Then configure to firewall port and antivirus software.
Note: As anti-virus programs are not provided by Intuit, so if you are facing issues due to firewalls or antivirus to solve this problem you need to take help to your anti-virus developer/vendor.
These solutions will definitely help you troubleshoot all kinds of 6000 series QuickBooks errors. If you have any kind of queries or doubts regarding this topic then you can contact our certified QuickBooks ProAdvisors for the best help and support.