Don’t know how to add an EIN to an existing QuickBooks Desktop Payroll subscription? Nothing to worry about, we are here with an article to guide you through the process, stay with us and learn the detailed steps. If you want to add an EIN to an existing QuickBooks Payroll subscription and don’t know how to add it, apply these given steps to add an EIN in Payroll Basic, Standard, or Enhanced subscription. Go through the whole article to resolve all your queries, and learn to add an EIN. In the meantime, you can get the QuickBooks Desktop Payroll support contact for instant help through the toll-free number +1-844-405-0904.
Requirements and Limitations:
- To process payroll, you have to use the same registered copy of QuickBooks Desktop, on the same machine for all companies on a single payroll subscription.
- Remember that if you are using multiple company files under the same EIN and the payroll subscription may cause errors because QuickBooks Desktop Payroll can ONLY support one company data file per EIN.
- The contact information and payroll administrator for the payroll subscription will be the same for all companies you add to a single subscription.
- You can have multiple Companies with Direct Deposit on the same DIY payroll subscription when you pay your employees with Direct Deposit (DD).
- Each QuickBooks Desktop Payroll service contains a limit on the number of companies you can add to a single subscription. Note that the limits are not based on the number of employees, they totally based on company data files.
|Service||Maximum number of EINS|
|QuickBooks Desktop Payroll Basic||3|
|QuickBooks Desktop Payroll Standard||3|
|QuickBooks Desktop Payroll Enhanced||3|
|QuickBooks Desktop Payroll Enhanced for Accountants||50|
|QuickBooks Desktop Payroll Assisted||Each EIN is charged separately. Discounts apply for multiple companies|
Steps To add an EIN Or another company to your subscription:
- Select Employees > Payroll > Use My Existing Payroll Service, from the top menu bar.
- If you are unable to see the option, see the “Use my existing payroll service” option is not available.
- Select Add File from the Account Maintenance window.
- Select the Add to Subscription Number XXXXXXXXXX-[SUBSCRIPTION NAME] radio button.
- Enter your information with Zip code and choose other: I have an existing subscription if you do not see your own subscription in the list.
- The payroll service has already been validated in the company file If you are unable to see the Add to Subscription Number XXXXXXXXXX-[SUBSCRIPTION NAME] radio button.
- Contact us for help in moving the EIN to your current subscription, If you already have a service key in the file and also want to add the EIN under your own or current subscription.
- Click Next.
- Now click next to add the company EIN at no additional charge when the Review Information window opens.
- Then Select Print, or move back to QuickBooks. There is a payroll subscription window open to verify the Validating and the service is added automatically.
- Now Verify the Service Key.
- Click on Employees > My Payroll Service > Manage Service Keys from the top menu bar.
- Now Click on the View to display the new service key with an Active Status.
Note: The payroll subscription number will not be available when you click on “Use My Existing Payroll Service When you purchased a subscription directly from Intuit prior to creating a payroll company file. See the solution next.
Steps to add a company file
If you purchased a subscription directly from Intuit prior to creating a QuickBooks Desktop company file.
- Consider the record of the service key of the EIN that you are adding.
- Next, click on the Employees, next click on the Payroll, choose Enter Payroll Service Key.
- Click on Add. and later insert the service key as one number without hyphens.
- If the company file already has a payroll service key, click on Edit instead of Add. Then insert the service key.
- Click on Next, and Finish.
- A new Tax Table will be downloaded. All payroll functions will be activated in your QuickBooks Desktop company file.
- Now the payroll function will be activated. And a new Tax Table will be downloaded in the QuickBooks Desktop company file.
I hope this will help you to move or add an EIN to another QuickBooks Desktop payroll subscription. If you still need assistance with this process you can contact us at our toll-free QuickBooks support number +1-844-405-0904. And talk to a certified QuickBooks Expert.
Thanks for your valuable visit. You are always welcome here anytime soon.