How to Add An EIN To Existing QuickBooks Desktop Payroll Basic, Standard or Enhanced Subscription
- Last Updated on: October 16th, 2018
- Posted by: QB
- Category: QuickBooks Payroll
If you want to add an EIN to existing QuickBooks Payroll subscription and don’t know how to add, apply these given steps to add an EIN in Payroll Basic, Standard or Enhanced subscription.
Requirements and Limitations:
- To process payroll, you have to use the same registered copy of QuickBooks Desktop, on the same machine for all companies on a single payroll subscription.
- Remember that if you are using multiple company files under the same EIN and the payroll subscription may cause errors because QuickBooks Desktop Payroll can ONLY support one company data file per EIN.
- The contact information and payroll administrator for the payroll subscription will be the same for all companies you add to a single subscription.
- You can have multiple Companies with Direct Deposit on the same DIY payroll subscription when you pay your employees with Direct Deposit (DD).
- Each QuickBooks Desktop Payroll service contains a limit on the number of companies you can add to a single subscription. Note that the limits are not based on the number of employees, they totally based on company data files.
|Service||Maximum number of EINS|
|QuickBooks Desktop Payroll Basic||3|
|QuickBooks Desktop Payroll Standard||3|
|QuickBooks Desktop Payroll Enhanced||3|
|QuickBooks Desktop Payroll Enhanced for Accountants||50|
|QuickBooks Desktop Payroll Assisted||Each EIN is charged separately. Discounts apply for multiple companies|
To add an EIN Or another company to your subscription:
- Select Employees > Payroll > Use My Existing Payroll Service, from the top menu bar.
- If you are unable to see the option, see The “Use my existing payroll service” option is not available.
- Select Add File from the Account Maintenance window.
- Select the Add to Subscription Number XXXXXXXXXX-[SUBSCRIPTION NAME] radio button.
- Enter your information with Zip code and choose other: I have an existing subscription if you do not see your own subscription in the list.
- The payroll service has already been validated in the company file If you are unable to see the Add to Subscription Number XXXXXXXXXX-[SUBSCRIPTION NAME] radio button.
- Contact us for help in moving the EIN to your current subscription, If you already have a service key in the file and also want to add the EIN under your own or current subscription.
- Click Next.
- Now click next to add the company EIN at no additional charge when the Review Information window opens.
- Then Select Print, or move back to QuickBooks. There is a payroll subscription window open to verify the Validating and the service is added automatically.
- Now Verify the Service Key.
- Click on Employees > My Payroll Service > Manage Service Keys from the top menu bar.
- Now Click on the View to display the new service key with an Active Status.
Note: The payroll subscription number will not be available when you click on “Use My Existing Payroll Service When you purchased a subscription directly from Intuit prior to creating a payroll company file. See the solution next.
Apply these given steps to resolve the problem when When you purchased a subscription directly from Intuit prior to creating a payroll company file.
- Obtain the service key of the EIN you are adding.
- You can use our Automated Service Key or Disk Delivery key tool.
- Contact our professionals.
- You will be given a unique service key when you provide the EIN. But please use the automated service key or disk delivery key tool, if you receive updates by disk.
- Click on the Employees > Payroll > Enter Payroll Service Key from the top menu bar.
- Click Add and enter the service key as one number with no hyphens.
- After that, Click on Edit instead of Add. And then enter your service key, If the company file already has the payroll service key in it.
- Now Click on Next.
- And then Click on Finish.
I hope this will help you to move or add an EIN to another QuickBooks Desktop payroll subscription. If you still need assistance with this process you can contact us at our toll-free QuickBooks Help number +1-855-441-4417. And talk to a certified QuickBooks Expert.
If you want advice from other business owners then visit our QuickBooks Community and post your query.
Thanks for your valuable visit. You are always welcome here anytime soon.