Fix QuickBooks Error -6000, -82 or -6000, -106
- Last Updated on: December 7th, 2018
- Posted by: QB
- Category: QuickBooks Error
When you open or accesses the company file, you may receive these error 6000 82 or -6000, -106 when creating or opening a company file in QuickBooks Desktop.
Note: Before proceeding, make sure that the QuickBooks has been updated to the latest release. Before doing any of the following steps, it is also recommended to install and run the QuickBooks File Doctor tool. You can also talk to an Intuit certified ProAdvisor at our QuickBooks Error support number to save your time and effort.
Steps to fix QuickBooks Error -6000, -82
There are 5 Step to resolve these Error:
Step 1- Delete the empty space after company name and before the company file extension.
- Logout the QuickBooks Desktop in all computer or devices.
- After that goes the folder where all company file saves then open the folder.
- After that Right-click on the company file and select the Rename.
- Choose the name of the file, then check and clear any empty space between the file extension and the company name.
- Now, try to create or open a company file.
- If the problem persists, then proceed to step 2
Step 2- Turn off hosting with each computer where QuickBooks is installed.
Note–Turn hosting mode disables for multi-user access.
- Go to File click on Utilities after that click on Stop Hosting Multi-User Access.
- When you stop hosting multi-user access the message appears on your screen, select Yes.
- When the company file must be closed this message appears, you will select Yes.
Note– This error usually indicates that you one or more client computers are set up incorrectly to host multi-user access.
- On every client computer display this error message.
- In the No Company Open window, select File, then select Utilities.
- You can confirm that the menu option of host multi-user access is displayed. One or more client computers can display menu options, prevent hosting multi-user access, which indicates that they are already hosting multi-user access.
- Select the option of Stop Hosting Multi-User Access on any client computer display the Stop Hosting Multi-User Access, then follow the prompts to stop hosting.
- Then try to open the problem file again. The log-in window should now appear. If the problem appears, please go to Step 3.
Step 3- For multi-user access, switch to Hosting Local and Remote File Mode.
Note– Only does this process when the previous steps fail to resolve the error.
- Open QuickBooks, press F2 key to open the detail of window.
- Confirm that under local server information at the bottom of the window, hosting is set to local files only.
- Then select File menu and select or change to Multi-user Mode.
- After that open, the company files on a network. For more detail, you can see QuickBooks in-product Help or set up multi-user or network for QuickBooks Desktop resource page.
- Once you open the company file, press F2 key to open the product detail tab.
- Confirm that near local server information at the bottom of the window, hosting is set to local files only.
Reminder: To provide other QuickBooks users with consistent access to the company file, the computer hosting the multi-user access should be left, and the users who set up the QuickBooks should be logged in; However, there is no need to open the QuickBooks.
- If the issue present, then moves to step 4.
Step 4- Now Restart the Client Computer
By restarting the computer, the system will be brought from scratch and the current state of the software will be erased.
If the problem present, then move the last step 5.
Step 5- Follow the standard data troubleshooting solution.
In troubleshooting, it is possible that your company file data damage. Don’t fear you can resolve your file from Resolve data damage issues (basic troubleshooting).
I hope this will help you to solve your query if not then call us at our QuickBooks support team +1-855-441-4417 toll-free