‘We’re sorry. QuickBooks encountered a problem when opening the company file. Error codes: (-6000, -77)‘.
Are you facing the above error message while accessing a company file in QuickBooks? This is a clear indication of QuickBooks error 6000, -77. Don’t worry, we will help you to get rid of this error through this article. In this article, we will discuss the solutions, reasons, and signs of the error code. For instant support, you can dial the toll-free number +1-844-401-1232.
What is QuickBooks Error 6000-77
QuickBooks error 6000,-77 is one of the 6000 series error codes, which mostly occurs when a company is stored in the wrong folder. This company file issue has no specific reason, so we can’t donate a particular reason for this error code. This error code says that you do not have enough permission to access the company file.
Let’s know, what causes the error code;
Why the Company File Shows the 6000-77 Error Code
This error code can be occurred due to different reasons. Read the following to know, why this error code occurs;
- May be you are using the inappropriate password to access the company file.
- QuickBooks running in multi-user mode when communicating the problem.
- Inappropriate folder permission for the folder that keeps the company file inside.
- The company file is being opened by QuickBooks by referencing a mapped drive
- The company file may be damaged, and you are trying to access it.
Signs, that Affect QuickBooks after Finding the Error
When the error code appears in QuickBooks, it affects the QuickBooks badly, especially the company file. Here we have mentioned some of the signs, that you can experience while facing the QuickBooks error code 6000-77. Have a look;
- The QuickBooks error 6000-77 message will appear on your screen, while accessing the company file.
- You will find some other firewall issue with the error code.
- You can’t access the company file in QuickBooks Desktop.
How to Fix the 6000-77 Error Code in QuickBooks
We have mentioned some of the tested solutions for the 6000-77 error code below. Read the following, and choose the solution according to your reason type.
Solution 1: Run QuickBooks File Doctor
QuickBooks File Doctor tool is specially developed to diagnose the company file issues in QuickBooks. As the 6000-77 error code shows the error in the company file, you should run the tool in the primary step. Here is the procedure to run it;
- Download the QuickBooks Tool Hub, in the latest version.
- Install, and set up it properly in your system.
- Go to the ‘Company File Issue‘ category.
- There you can find the option of ‘Run QuickBooks File Doctor‘.
- Click on the option, and follow the on-screen instructions.
- After the complete set up of file doctor tool, run the tool to diagnose the company file issue.
Solution 2: Rename the .ND and .TLG files
Rename the extension of .TLG, and .ND files. These extensions help to configuration files that allow QuickBooks Desktop to access company files in your network or in multi-user mode. Harmful .ND or .TLG files can cause errors when opening the QuickBooks Desktop. Renaming these files does not lead to data loss because when you open the company file or scan the company files using the QuickBooks database server manager, they are automatically reproduced.
- Go to your system and select the folder that contains your company file. (Default Location: C: \ Users \ Public \ Public Documents \ Intuition \ QuickBooks \ Company Files)
- Search for files with the same file name as your company file, but with the extension.ND and .TLG. (eg: company_file.qbw.nd, company_file.qbw.tlg)
- After that, right-click on the .nd /.tlg file and choose the Rename option. Enter the word “.old” in the last of the file extension and press Enter key. (Example: company_file.qbw.nd.OLD, company_file.qbw.tlg.old)
Solution 3: Use the UNC Path
Sometimes, the running path needs to be changed. So you can change the UNC path instead of a mapped drive. Follow the procedure to change the path of the company file;
You can use the UNC path instead of the mapped drive
- Right-click the QuickBooks icon on your desktop.
- Press and hold the Ctrl key on your keyboard, and select the Run as Administrator option. Hold down the Ctrl key until you have the No Company Open window.
Note: Holding down the Ctrl key prevents QuickBooks Desktop from auto-opening a company file.
- From the ‘File‘ menu, select ‘Open or Restore Company‘ option.
- And click on the ‘Open a company file‘ option then the ‘Next‘.
- From the left panel, choose the ‘Network‘ option, and navigate towards the company file location. If you can’t find the folder where the company file is saved, you may need to set folder permissions.
- Select the company file and click Open.
Solution 4: Configure the Firewall Security
Most of the time, a firewall configuration issue creates problems accessing programs (available in the system). So it may be one of the reasons for this error code. Configure the firewall security in QuickBooks Desktop, and try to access the company file again.
- Go to the ‘Firewall Port Settings‘.
- Manually configure the exceptions.
- And install the ‘Anti-visrus‘ defender.
Solution 5: Recover the Damaged Folder
If you have any damaged folder then recover the folder. And try to diagnose the issue. Follow the procedure to recreate the damaged folder;
- At first, create a new folder on your C: drive.
- Then open the folder, where the company files are saved.
- Find the .qbw file. (Ex: company_file.qbw)
- Now, right-click on the located file, and seclect the ‘Copy‘ option.
- Open the new folder, and paste the copied file.
- You can set Windows access permissions to share the company files.
- After all, Open the QuickBooks Desktop, and run the file from the new location.
Solution 6: Remove Special Character from the Company File
Sometimes, we create mistakes, while naming a company file with some of the special characters. These special characters, and numbers, or spaces should be eliminated from the company file. Follow the steps to remove the special characters;
- Close all of the running program in QuickBooks.
- Find out the QuickBooks company file location, and right-click on it.
- Select the ‘Rename‘ option.
- Check, whether there is any spaces, special characters in the file name.
- If you find any then, remove them, and save it properly.
- Open QuickBooks again, and try to access the company file again.
Solution 7: Review the Hosting Setting
Check your hosting setting, if you are using the company file with multi-users then the access should be turned on.
And, if you are not using the company file with multiple users then follow the steps to stop the access.
- Open QuickBooks, click on the file.
- If the ‘Stop Multi-user access‘ is turned on then its ok. And, if it is not then turn off the access.
Solution 8: Perform a Clean Installation in QuickBooks
Download the QuickBooks Tool Hub, and run the QuickBooks Clean Install Tool. This tool will perform a clean installation of the QuickBooks Desktop.
There are many cases, where QuickBooks just need a re-installation process to run again properly. So you can use the process for the QuickBooks error 6000-77.
Common Troubleshooting Solutions
There are some of the common troubleshooting solutions, that may help you to fix the QuickBooks company file issue (6000-77).
- Close the QuickBooks, and system. Restart the systm, and the QuickBooks again. And try to access the company file for one more time.
- Move the company file to a local or network drive if it was previously stored on an external storage device. Then, try opening the QBW file in QuickBooks and see if the error has gone or it still exists.
- Make sure, you are opening the right company file, and you have enough permission to access the company file.
- Run the QuickBoks Desktop as the administrator.
Hopefully, now you can solve the QuickBooks Desktop error 6000 77. Still, if you need any guidance to solve the problem then you can contact our certified QuickBooks ProAdviosr through the toll-free number +1-844-401-1232. They can assist you to troubleshoot the error code easily.