Fix QuickBooks Error -6000 -77 when you open a company file.
- Last Updated on: December 3rd, 2018
- Posted by: QB
- Category: QuickBooks Error
QuickBooks Error 6000 77 commonly occurs when your company file is stored in an improper folder. Intuit, Popular Accounting Software has completely changed the way in which the business manages its accounting department and its various sections. With the availability of both on cloud and basis, it has helped businesses reach the next level. However, with so many hits, there are some memories in it too. It gives a nightmare by popping up with error messages, stopping its users from working. One such error message is the QuickBooks error-6000, -77. Check this infographic also.
Possible quick tips to fix this:
- Close your QB and then right-click the QuickBooks Desktop icon on your desktop and select Run as Administrator to re-open it.
- Copy the company files Manually If they saved on an external drive.
QuickBooks Error -6000 -77 detail- Causes and Conclusions
Reason: Some of the possible causes occur QuickBooks error message -6000 -77:
- Inappropriate folder permission for the folder that keeps the company file inside.
- The company file should be on a network or local drive that is located on an external storage device.
- How many files were opened by referring to the mapped drive in QuickBooks?
- QuickBooks running in multi-user mode when communicating the problem.
Reaction: The Result is QuickBooks file become corrupt or damage.
Note Most of the cases, the error is solved after restarting the system.
How to fix QuickBooks Error 6000 77?
You can try to fix this type of error by using one of these given solutions:
Solution 1: Run QuickBooks File Doctor
Download and run the QuickBooks File Doctor to fix this error.
Solution 2: Rename .ND and .TLG files:
Rewrite the extension of .ND and .TLG. These extensions help to configuration files that allow QuickBooks Desktop to access company files in your network or in multi-user mode. Harm .ND or .TLG files can cause errors when opening the QuickBooks desktop. Renaming these files does not lead to data loss because when you open the company file or scan the company files using the QuickBooks database server manager, they are automatically reproduced.
- Go in Computer and select the folder and open in which your company file is.
Default Location: C: \ Users \ Public \ Public Documents \ Intuition \ QuickBooks \ Company Files
- Search for files with the same file name as your company file, but with the extension .ND and .TLG.
eg: company_file.qbw.ND, company_file.qbw.TLG
- Right-click select .nd / .tlg file and rename. To link the word “.old” in last of file extension and press enter.
Example: company_file.qbw.nd.OLD, company_file.qbw.tlg.old
Are you has an account using any QuickBooks software, which has faced QuickBooks Error 6000 while dealing with widely used accounting software? And, do you need to fix it as soon as it is seriously obstructing the productivity of the accounts in your business? As a QuickBooks user, if your answer to both of these question is yes without if & but, then you have to take corrective steps to remove error code 6000-77 quickly and easily so that your work does not interrupt for a long time period.
Solution 3: You Can also fix this by Using UNC path instead of the mapped drive
- Right-click the QuickBooks icon on your desktop, press and hold the Ctrl key on your keyboard, and select Run as Administrator. Hold down the Ctrl key until you have the No Company Open window.
Note: Holding down the Ctrl key prevents QuickBooks Desktop from auto-opening a company file.
- From the File menu, select Open or Restore Company > Open a company file > Next.
- In the left pane, click Network, and navigate to the location of your company file.
Note: If you can’t find the folder where the company file is saved, you may need to set folder permissions.
- Select the company file and click Open.
Solution 4: Configure your firewall and security software
See how to Configure firewall and security software
Solution 5: Re-create damage folder by this step
- Create a new folder in drive C of your computer.
- Open that folder where the company old file is saved.
- Find the .qbw file. Like- company_file.qbw.
- Copy the .qbw file.
- Then open the new folder and paste the file.
- Set window on Access permission to share company files.
- After that open QB Desktop and open the file from a new place.
Some Other Helpful Tips to Solve this error:
- Reboot the QuickBooks software with more permissions. In many situations, the error is removed after the software is restarted and no further work is required.
- Run a QuickBooks file doctor. That has the ability to repair damaged or corrupted QB files. However, sometimes this utility fails in QuickBooks file recovery and therefore fixing the 6000 77 error message. This is for its weak and basic underlying technology.
- Move the company file to a local or network drive if it was previously stored on an external storage device. Then, try opening the QBW file in QuickBooks and see if the error has gone or it still exists.
- If QuickBooks Company file references the mapped drive, change ‘settings’ and select ‘right server’. To do this, click on ‘Open or Restore’ in the File menu. After this, select ‘Open a company file’ and then click on ‘Network Place’. Also, click on ‘entire network’ and select the server in which the company file was stored. Finally, to check if the solution works, restart the QuickBooks software.
I hope this post will help you if you still need help for this topic the call us at our toll-free QuickBooks Error support number +1-855-441-4417.