How to Convert Your QuickBooks Company Files using QuickBooks Conversion tool
- Last Updated on: December 10th, 2018
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Quickbooks
- The QuickBooks Conversion tool helps you to convert your company file from another program. Without making compromises on data security. For instance, Quicken 2017 will convert into QuickBooks Desktop Pro. Or Premier 2018/QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise Solutions 18.0 through the QB Conversion tool.
Features Of QuickBooks Conversion Tool:
- Helps you with the setup process to convert QuickBooks files.
- Imports your data from a new QuickBooks company file.
- Does not change your existing data files.
- Does not compromise on data security while converting.
- Captures the current state of your business.
- Also Offers a choice to import lists, or lists plus balances and historical transactions.
- Creates a log file of the conversion process to your keep records. That can be seen later (if needed).
Can and cannot be converted data!
Here, the conversion tool has some limitation about importing business data, transaction and account balances from other financial software into QuickBooks. it can convert- employee list information which include social security Number as well as payroll general ledger account balance information.
Some other payroll information that QB Conversion tool cannot convert such as- paycheck, employee yeat to date information, payroll item, individual employee wage. similarly, job costing, fixed asset items work tickets and closed or partially closed sales order, estimates, and purchase orders.
Related article: QuickBooks Connection Diagnostics Tool
Please Note These System Requirements For The QuickBooks Conversion Tool:
- QuickBooks must be installed and also registered. (Pro, Premier, or Enterprise Solutions 2014 or higher)
- Peachtree (Version 2001 or later), Microsoft SBA 2006, or Microsoft Office Accounting 2008 must be installed.
- Windows Vista.
- 512 MB of RAM or greater.
- NET 2.0 framework must be installed.
Related article: QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool
How to use the conversion tool:
Before starting, remember that Quickbooks must be installed registered and licensed as well as make sure that either Peachtree or MS software(application of the file i.e. to be converted) is installed on your computer.
Steps to convert-
- Open QuickBooks conversion tool application by double click on its icon.
- Choose one option between my own company or my client company.
- Choose your accounting software form drop down box that you are converting it form.
- Click next.
- Select the company file by browse option and click next to proceed.
- Select your QuickBooks product and change the location where the company file be saved if need, Click Next to continue.
- Choose conversion level according to list and transaction or list only and click NEXT.
- Choose Accounting preferences according to date and Name. click Next.
- Check your details and correct it if any error is there if not then click the start button.
- Depending on the size of the file, it will take some time and after completion, it will show the list of conversions.
- Click finish.
Is Your Data Already In QuickBooks Format?
If your data are already in QuickBooks format, you don’t need a special conversion tool to convert your data.
Converting or upgrading between different versions of QuickBooks:
Convert from Quicken
- Use the Conversion tool if you’re converting Quicken 2012 to QuickBooks Desktop 2018 or QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise 18.0.
- Use the Conversion tool within QuickBooks if you’re converting from Quicken 2018 to QuickBooks Desktop 2018.
If you want to experience the best QuickBooks conversion tool, you’ll have to update your Quicken data file to the latest supported version before converting it to QuickBooks.
Related article: QuickBooks Rebuild Data
Convert Peachtree 2013-2015
- Sage/Peachtree company file access.
- Peachtree Source Company File Selection.
- Verify the results.
Still, Facing the issue Or need help while Converting your data from another program with the QuickBooks Conversion Tool? No need to worry.