Want to set up, edit & remove direct deposit for employees from work-day? You can easily set up, edit, and remove Direct deposits for employees from Workday, It is very easy and safe. Read the article and follow the steps to set up an employee direct deposit, and the same way steps to remove & edit are also mentioned. So, go through the article and get all your queries resolved. Still, having a problem contact our QuickBooks ProAdvisor toll-free: +1-844-405-0904
It saves you and your employees time and also saves money. By this, you can save average money of $176 per employee per year and in addition, you don’t need to worry about monthly fees, you just need to pay $1.75 per paycheck.
For setting up a direct deposit, you have two options – you can complete a paper Direct Deposit Authorization form or you can enter your bank information online in Employee Self Service.
Also, you can edit Direct deposit information in the same way it is set up. Either submit a Direct Deposit form reflecting your changes or edit the information in Employee Self Service.
If you decide to edit an ‘Other Bank’ in Employee Self Service, please choose the ‘edit’ button located underneath the listed account.
Here we have explained how to set up, edit, and remove Direct Deposit service for your employees. Employees are required to use direct deposit (i.e., the XYZ sends all pay (and reimbursable expenses) directly to the bank account. In Workday, direct deposit is referred to as a “payment election”. They set up an initial payment election when they proceed through the New Hire Onboarding process.
Things to do before setting up employees for Direct Deposit
In QuickBooks, you can set up direct deposit for the checking, saving, pay card, and money market accounts.
First of all, you need your employees to fill, sign, and date the direct deposit authorization account. There are different forms for QuickBooks Desktop Payroll, QuickBooks Online Payroll, and Intuit Online Payroll.
In addition to this, you’ll need to ask your employee to provide a voided check with the bank account info (Not a deposit slip). And you also need an employee’s account and routing number as well.
Also the bank account should be a United States of America account that allow ACH transactions.
Set up, edit, and remove direct deposit for employees From Work-Day
Follow these steps to set up an employee for direct deposit:
- First of all, in the QuickBooks Desktop, you can choose Employees > Employee Center to open your employee list.
- Double-click the employee’s name.
- Pressing the Payroll Info tab.
- Clicking the Direct Deposit button.
- In the Direct Deposit window, select Use Direct Deposit for [employee’s name].
- Choose the number of accounts:
- Use First Account or Use Second Accounts.
- Fill the employee’s financial information.
- If you select a deposit two accounts and enter the amount or percentage of the Optional amount field. Click OK to save the information.
Disable direct deposit temporarily (on a paycheck only):
- First of all, locate and open the paycheck.
- Click Paycheck Detail.
- Clear the Use Direct Deposit checkbox and click the OK button to Update employee bank account:
- In the Payroll menu, select Employees.
- Press on the employee to open their details.
- Click the Payment Method tab.
- Clicking on the Direct Deposit.
- Change or remove the employee’s bank account information.
- Finally, click Save.
Remove direct deposit from an Employee Profile:
To delete an account, you must first remove it from any Payment Elections in the lower portion of your screen display. The negative sign (-) on the same line as the account you want to delete, then Press the OK button. In this example, the employee is deleting the vacation account.
- Choose Employees > Employee Center.
- Whose profile you want to edit, just double-click on the employee name.
- Click the Payroll Info tab.
- Click the Direct Deposit button. Clear the box Use direct deposit for this employee.
The Bottom Line
Above, we have discussed everything you need to know about setting up a direct deposit for the employees. You can take QuickBooks Desktop payroll support if you have any questions related to this topic. Ask our expert just by dialing number +1-844-405-0904.