Set up, edit, and remove direct deposit for employees
- Last Updated on: January 27th, 2018
- Posted by: admin
- Category: QuickBooks Payroll
Direct deposit for employees is very easy and safe. It saves your and your employees time and also saves money. By this, you can save average money of $176 per employee per year and in addition you don’t need to worry about monthly fees, you just need to pay $1.75 per paycheck.
You may also like: How to cancel the direct deposit paycheck in Intuit payroll
For setting up your direct deposit, you have two options – you can complete a paper Direct Deposit Authorization form or you can enter your bank information online in Employee Self Service.
Direct deposit information can be edited the same way it is set-up. Either submit a Direct Deposit form reflecting your changes or edit the information in Employee Self Service.
If you decide to edit an ‘Other Bank’ in Employee Self Service, please choose the ‘edit’ button located underneath the listed account.
Here we have explained how to set up, edit, and remove Direct Deposit service for your employees. Employees are required to use direct deposit (i.e., the xyz sends all pay (and reimbursable expenses) directly to bank account. In Workday, direct deposit is referred to as a “payment election”. They set up initial payment election when they proceed through the New Hire On-boarding process.
How to Set up, edit, and remove direct deposit for employees
Follow these steps to set up an employee for direct deposit:
- First of all in the QuickBooks Desktop, you can choose Employees > Employee Center to open your employee list.
- Double-click the employee’s name.
- Pressing the Payroll Info tab.
- Clicking the Direct Deposit button.
- In the Direct Deposit window, select Use Direct Deposit for [employee’s name].
- Choose number of accounts:
- Use First Account or Use Second Accounts.
- Fill the employee’s financial information.
- If you select deposit two accounts and enter the amount or percentage of the Optional amount field. Click OK to save the information.
Disable direct deposit temporarily (on a paycheck only):
- First of all locate and open the paycheck.
- Click Paycheck Detail.
- Clear the Use Direct Deposit checkbox and click the OK button to Update employee bank account:
- In the Payroll menu, select Employees.
- Press on the employee to open their details.
- Click the Payment Method tab.
- Clicking on the Direct Deposit.
- Change or remove the employee’s bank account information.
- Finally, click Save.
Remove direct deposit from an Employee Profile:
To delete an account, you must first remove it from any Payment Elections in the lower portion of your screen display. Negative sign (-) on the same line as the account you want to delete, then Press the OK button. In this example, the employee is deleting the vacation account.
Related Resource: QuickBooks Payroll setup checklist: Desktop/Online/Intuit Payroll
- Choose Employees > Employee Center.
- Whose profile you want to edit, just double click on the employee name.
- Click the Payroll Info tab.
- Click the Direct Deposit button. Clear the box Use direct deposit for this employee.
If you have any Question related to this topic then, Ask our expert just by dialing our QuickBooks support phone number +1-855-441-4417.
Related Blog/Article to read: