This article is all about how to fix delete and void employee paychecks in QuickBooks Payroll and when you need it. After they are introduced, you can cancel, delete or void payroll paycheck or direct deposits payments at any time.
Do you require to adopt changes to a paycheck or stop direct deposit? Then you must refer to this article to follow the steps if you have done something wrong mistakenly that needs to be corrected. Points to make them correct are listed below:
- Created or introduced a duplicate paycheck
- Put the wrong information on a paycheck that includes hours, deductions, additions, or paycheck or pay period dates
- Wrong or incorrect gross or net pay
- Wrong or incorrect work locations
Do you want to void a contractor payment? To know about this check out the article that matches your query.
- Should I Delete or Void Employee Paycheck?
- QuickBooks Online Payroll Enhanced
- QuickBooks Online Payroll(Including all other versions)
- QuickBooks Desktop Payroll
- How to Void and Send Employee Direct Deposit Paycheck
- Intuit Online Payroll Enhanced
- Intuit Online Payroll Full Service
- What next to do?
Should I Delete or Void Employee Paycheck?
By keeping in mind your processing time and payroll service. QuickBooks might allow you to do either you want to delete or void a paycheck.
- Delete a paycheck: It removes the transaction from your payroll. Only if you are eligible to do this if the paycheck has not been processed yet.
- Void a paycheck: It allows you to change your paychecks records and updates the paycheck dollar amount to zero. To maintain your books you have to do fewer adjustments to it. It doesn’t stop a direct deposit from processing and you will not get return funds from it.
Steps to Delete and Void Employee Paychecks in QuickBooks Payroll
Here you will know the steps you have to take to delete and void employee paychecks in different QuickBooks Payroll services discussed below for direct deposit processing deadlines. Also, go through the steps to delete your direct deposit paychecks.
Note: Before starting to follow the below steps, you must be aware of which payroll service you are currently using, if you don’t know then check out first then proceed with the further.
QuickBooks Online Payroll Enhanced
Allowing to delete a paycheck in QuickBooks Online Payroll Enhanced will be dependent on your processing time. Follow the below steps if you are working with QB Online Payroll Enhanced:
- To begin, choose the Payroll and then click on the Employees
- Now choose the Paycheck list, you will get this option under the Run Payroll
- Choose the check(s) that you would like to delete from the list
- Delete or void a paycheck will work smoothly:
- Delete: You will only be able to see this option if the direct deposits are still not processed or the [paycheck is not a direct deposit.
- Void: You will only be able to see this option if you specified that the check has been cashed
- Now you have to choose the I understand that this action cannot be undone checkbox
- Once you are ready to do it, just choose Delete Paycheck or Void Paycheck by clicking on it, through this you will confirm the action
Note: Do you want to know how to create a perfect payroll for your client? Willing to know this, don’t delay just refer to the article.
QuickBooks Online Payroll(Including all other versions)
In this, you have to follow the two steps to delete or void employee paychecks. So let us move to the steps defined below:
Step 1: Attempt to delete the paycheck
After checking out the processing time of your payroll service, might you will be able to delete the paycheck by following the simple and easy steps listed down:
- To start, Choose the Payroll and then click on the Employees
- Now choose the Paycheck list, you will get this option under the Run Payroll by scrolling up or down
- Now go for selecting the paycheck(s), you would like to delete from the list
- In the end, hit the Yes option
Step 2: If you are not able to delete the paycheck
If any hidden issue arises or you are unable to implement the above steps appropriately, at that moment what is left now is to contact us to connect to a payroll expert that void a paycheck.
QuickBooks Desktop Payroll
In this, you have to go through the two steps to delete or void employee paychecks. So let us move to the steps defined below:
Step 1: Trying to delete the paycheck: If you haven’t sent the paycheck to the payroll service, you can delete the paycheck
- To start, choose the Banking menu and then click on the Use Register option
- Now choose and open the check-in question
- You have to choose the Delete at the top of the paycheck
- Now hit the Enter option in the pop-up box
Step 2: If you are not able to Delete the Paycheck
Once you have sent payroll to QuickBooks then you will be able to void the paycheck. Although by depending on your processing time, the debit from your bank account for paying your payroll taxes and direct deposits might not be stopped.
Note: It must be kept in your mind that if you are voiding in a prior quarter/year adjustments will be needed. If you are working with QuickBooks Desktop Payroll Assisted, then you have to contact us to get to know more about this from our experts.
How to Void and Send Employee Direct Deposit Paycheck
We divide the steps into two fragments so that you can easily void and send employee direct deposit paycheck without any difficulties. These steps are listed below:
Step 1: Void direct deposit paychecks
- To begin, you have to visit the Employees menu and then click on the Edit/Void Paychecks
- Now make changes in the Show paychecks through/from dates to the date of the paychecks that you are willing to void, then hit the Tab on your keyboard.
- Choose the check-in question and then click on the Void by scrolling up/down
- Inside the pop-up box, you will have to enter that specifies Yes and then choose the Void by clicking on it
- To agree to the terms and conditions(t&c), you must have to choose the checkbox of voiding the paycheck. Once you have chosen, i.e. agreed to all conditions mentioned above on your screen.
Note: Repeat the steps from step 1 to 5 as required to include all checks that need to be voided.
Step 2: Send the voided paychecks
- In the starting step, you have to reach the Employees menu and then choose the Send Payroll Data by clicking on it
- Now choose to Send. You are unable to check out any direct deposit to send, but this process lets your system know that you want to cancel the paychecks
- Manually enter your Payroll PIN, once entered, then choose the OK option by clicking on it
Willing to know something about the cancellation of Direct Deposit in QuickBooks? If yes then we are advised to refer to the blog describing how to cancel direct deposit in QuickBooks Payroll.
Intuit Online Payroll Enhanced
Although by depending on your processing time, you might be able to delete the paycheck. But for this, you have to go through some easy and simple steps in the given order.
- First of all, you have to go to the Payday and then choose the Paycheck List by clicking on it
- Now choose the paychecks, you are willing to delete from the list
- Make a selection of Date and then hit the OK option to confirm the delete operation
- If you are using a paper check then it specifies the option to delete it
- If you are using a paper check but it does not come inside the most recent one or a direct deposit check, your system doesn’t permit you to delete it. At that time, you must visit the (?) Help section of your product. Alternatively, you can either choose to Contact us just to get in touch with our highly qualified dedicated payroll experts.
Intuit Online Payroll Full Service
We divide the steps into two fragments so that you can easily delete the paycheck without any difficulties. These steps are straight down below:
Step 1: Attempt to delete the paycheck
However, depending on the processing time of your payroll service, we thought you might be able to delete the paycheck.
- First of all, Go to the Home tab, inside it move to Related Activities and then choose View Paycheck List
- Now choose the paychecks you would like to delete from the list. To delete it, you have to choose the Delete and hitting it
Step 2: If you are not able to delete the paycheck
If any issue interrupts your working or you are unable to implement the above steps appropriately, at that moment what is left now is to contact us to connect with our dedicated payroll expert that void a paycheck.
What next to do?
If the cancellation of payments will pass, your workers will get their money in their bank accounts on the pay date. It is up to you, either void the payments and gather the money back from your employee or contractor. If this is unable to happen, you may qualify to request a direct deposit reversal.
The EndMost Note
Hope now you’ll be able to delete and void employee paychecks in QuickBooks Payroll by referring to this article. But if any issue occurs, then it is a very complicated job of the QuickBooks users to find a track where all your queries get instantly resolved. Trust WizXpert for their Customer support services, one of the services is available at QuickBooks Support. Our expert professionals certified from Intuit will always try their best to find the right solution for the query.
Have you ever hired a ProAdvisor for your query? If not, hire now and fix all your QuickBooks issues remotely by dropping a call on our 24/7 payroll support toll-free number +1-855-441-4417 and be ready to get the best and innovative solution at your place or location.