QuickBooks Connection Diagnostic Tool 8.0 or Newer
- Last Updated on: February 27th, 2018
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Quickbooks
The QuickBooks Connection Diagnostic Tool could be a QB software feature to troubleshoot the undefined errors you might receive once opening a company file (.qbw and .tlg ) in a multi-user environment. It can fix networking error and multi-user errors that can occur when you access a company file.
Especially with H series errors and 6000 series errors such as 6000 83, 6000 77, 6000 80, 6000 304. This tool provides appropriate connection among the application, the QuickBooks database manager, and Quickbooks company records.
The QB Connection Diagnostic Tool works only with computers running Microsoft Windows 7, Windows Vista, or Windows XP with QuickBooks 2008 and newer or QuickBooks Enterprise Solutions 8.0 and newer.
You can download and run the QB Diagnostic tool to fix error messages you may receive when you install QB Desktop. It is related to office tools. This tool is commonly called QBNetDiagTool.exe, QBServerUtilityMgr.exe etc. The most popular version of the software is 4.0. Built-in antivirus checked this download and rated it as virus free. The 4.0 version provides a free download.
How to resolve the following issues:
- Unable to connect QB to the database.
- If you don’t know which firewall port should be open
- QB Database connecting issues.
How to use QuickBooks Connection Diagnostic Tool
Download and extract the QuickBooks connection diagnostic Tools, as defined at the download the device tab. Double-click the connection diagnostic tool icon to run the device, and then follow the given troubleshooting steps:
- Diagnose Connection tab
This tab lets you test the computer setup to ensure the company data file is accessible from a computer, whether configured as single-user or multi-user. If permissions are not set correctly, or if firewalls or ports are blocked, errors can result.
- Firewall Status
The Firewall Status area displays basic instruction about the firewall.
- Test Connectivity
The Test Connectivity area lets you check your workstation’s connectivity.
To test your computer’s connectivity:
- Click the button next to the Company File field to locate your company file.
- Linux systems only If the network setup is in Alternate mode, choose the Change Hosting Server check box.
Note: Before you run the connectivity test, all statuses appear as “Not Applicable” in Blue.
After you run the test, the statuses show in Green (no problem find) or Red (problem detected).
- Select the Test Connectivity button.
- If the File Open Status appears in Red indicating that the test failed, the Advanced section will extend to show all areas that were checked. Click the What do these mean?
- When you have fixed the relevant statutes, run the tool again to check if there are any other problems.
- When the File Open Status: Successful message appears on the server, repeat above all steps to each client computer that has Quickbooks installed.
The QuickBooks Connection Diagnostic Tool is arranged to automatically identify and resolve issues with these components:
- Microsoft.Net Framework
Solution 1: QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool to troubleshoot Microsoft.NET, MSXML, and C++ issues.
Solution 2: Try performing a Windows Update to install missing updates pertaining to .NET Framework, MSXML, and C++.
Solution 3: Fix problems with Microsoft components manually.
Solution 4: Try installing QuickBooks in Selective Startup.
Get help for QB Diagnostic tool
The 4.0 version software is the most recommended version which is available on some site. Few year later Intuit launched QuickBooks File Doctor which have a more powerful tool and advanced features.
We mention all step to recover your issues, if you fail to perform the above steps then you may contact QuickBooks Technical Support team they will help you with any of the related issues. We offer 24*7 service with complete resolution.
You may also like: