The QuickBooks Connection Diagnostic Tool is a very powerful troubleshooting software designed by the Intuit QuickBooks. The main objective of this tool is to resolve the undefined errors you might receive once opening a company file (.qbw and .tlg ) in a multi-user environment. It can fix networking error and multi-user errors that can occur when you access a company file.
Now Intuit launched QuickBooks File Doctor which is the advanced version of QuickBooks Connection Diagnostic Tool a more powerful tool and advanced features.
Especially with H series errors and 6000 series errors such as 6000 83, 6000 77, 6000 80, 6000 304. This tool provides an appropriate connection between the application, the QuickBooks database manager, and Quickbooks company records.
The QB Connection Diagnostic Tool works only with computers running Microsoft Windows 7, Windows Vista, or Windows XP with QuickBooks 2008 and newer or QuickBooks Enterprise Solutions 8.0 and newer.
You can download and run the QB Diagnostic tool to fix error messages you may receive when you install QB Desktop. It is related to office tools. This tool is commonly called QBNetDiagTool.exe, QBServerUtilityMgr.exe, etc. The most popular version of the software is 4.0. Built-in antivirus checked this download and rated it as virus-free. The 4.0 version provides a free download.
When to Use QuickBooks Connection Diagnostic Tool
If you are facing any of the following errors or issues in your software then you can use QB Connection Diagnostic Tool to try to fix these issues.
- When the error is related to the QuickBooks Database Server Manager or QB Database is not working as usual.
- The Windows Firewall is not configured according to the QuickBooks version installed on the computer.
- This tool can also fix the damaged or corrupted QuickBooks company files due to which users may not be able to access the company files.
- If the Vendor list and Customer list are showing empty in the QuickBooks then you can troubleshoot the error using the diagnostic tool.
- You can also use this QuickBooks Tool when users made some changes in the entries but the changes are not able to update.
- All the H-series errors in Multi-user mode can be easily fixed with the help of the QB Connection Tool.
- All the 6000 series errors can be resolved with the help of QuickBooks Diagnostic Tool.
- When any virus or malware is affecting the performance of QuickBooks then you can use the connection diagnostic tool.
Download and Install QuickBooks Connection Diagnostic Tool
- First uninstall if any previous version of the QB Connection Diagnostic Tool is installed on the system. For this, go to the Control Panel and then Programs and Features. From there you can uninstall a program.
- If you find any other version then uninstall it first in order to avoid the conflict between both the programs.
- After that visit the official Intuit QuickBooks website to download the QuickBooks Connection Diagnostic Tool.
- Accept the Intuit License Agreement and click on the next button at the bottom right corner of the screen.
- Save the downloaded file on the location where you can easily find it later for example Desktop.
- Once the download is finished, go to the location where you’ve saved the downloaded file and open it. You just simply need to double-click on the file to start the installation process.
- Then follow the on-screen installation instructions to complete the installation.
- Choose the location on the computer where you want to install the QuickBooks Connection Diagnostic Tool. We recommend you to install the software in the Local Disk C.
- When the installation is finished the QB Connection Diagnostic Tool will automatically startup. There is a possibility where the tool does not start on his own due to some computer restrictions.
- To open the Tool go to the folder where you’ve installed the QuickBooks Connection Diagnostic Tool and then double-click on the file with (.exe) file extension.
How to use the QuickBooks Connection Diagnostic Tool
Download and install the QuickBooks connection diagnostic Tools, as instructed at the download the device tab. Double-click the connection diagnostic tool icon to run the device, and then follow the given troubleshooting steps:
Diagnose Connection tab
This tab lets you test the computer set up to ensure the company data file is accessible from a computer, whether configured as single-user or multi-user. If permissions are not set correctly, or if firewalls or ports are blocked, errors can result.
The Firewall Status area displays basic instruction about the firewall.
The Test Connectivity area lets you check your workstation’s connectivity.
To test your computer’s connectivity:
- Click the button next to the Company File field to locate your company file.
- Linux systems only If the network setup is in Alternate mode, choose the Change Hosting Server checkbox.
Note: Before you run the connectivity test, all statuses appear as “Not Applicable” in Blue.
After you run the test, the statuses show in Green (no problem find) or Red (problem detected).
- Select the Test Connectivity button.
- If the File Open Status appears in Red indicating that the test failed, the Advanced section will extend to show all areas that were checked. Click the What do these mean?
- When you have fixed the relevant statutes, run the tool again to check if there are any other problems.
- When the File Open Status: Successful message appears on the server, repeat above all steps to each client computer that has Quickbooks installed.
The QuickBooks Connection Diagnostic Tool is designed to automatically identify and resolve issues with these components:
- Microsoft.Net Framework
Solution 1: QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool to troubleshoot Microsoft.NET, MSXML, and C++ issues.
Solution 2: Try performing a Windows Update to install missing updates pertaining to .NET Framework, MSXML, and C++.
Solution 3: Fix problems with Microsoft components manually.
Solution 4: Try installing QuickBooks in Selective Startup.
Get help for QB Diagnostic tool
The 4.0 version software is the most recommended version which is available on some site.
We mention all steps to recover your issues, if you fail to perform the above steps then you may contact the QuickBooks Technical Support team they will help you with any of the related issues. You can contact our experts through our 24/7 toll-free customer support number +1-855-441-4417.