How to Set Up Invoices, Sales Receipts & Estimates in QuickBooks Online
- Last Updated on: October 12th, 2018
- Posted by: admin
- Category: QuickBooks Online
In today article we will discuss How to Set Up Invoices, Sales Receipts & Estimates in QuickBooks Online.
Why Is It mandatory to Set Up Invoices, Sales Receipts & Estimates Form Content
Many users ask how to set Up Invoices, Sales Receipts & Estimates in QuickBooks Online? It is mandatory to set up sales invoice, sales receipt and estimates form content because with help of this selection that you make here will affect when your consumer/clients pay you as well as how to properly account for any discounts that you just give to customers and deposits, received from customers. This is one of those areas that can cause negative cash flow if it is not set up properly.
How to Set Up Sales Form Content?
Before we actually look into how the set Up Invoices, Sales Receipts & Estimates in QuickBooks Online. First of all, Let’s see why setting them is an important part of using the QuickBooks Online platform and you can understand also.
If you want to be set up set Up Invoices, Sales Receipts & Estimates in QuickBooks Online you have to follow some step because every customer wants the invoice sales receipt after paying the amount by the transaction to a company. And Setting up these things is important because if done improperly. It can result in negative cash flow and loss in your newly started business. The discounts and offers you make for the customers are all affected by these settings:
Sales form content:
- Preferred invoice terms.
- Preferred delivery method.
- Custom fields.
- Custom transaction numbers
- Service date.
Set Up Invoices, Sales Receipts & Estimates in QuickBooks form content:
- First of all, you have to Preferred invoice terms.
- After that Preferred delivery method.
- The third one is Shipping.
- After that Custom fields.
- Custom transaction numbers
- Service date.
As you can see, there are a total of eight fields that we can edit here to set up Sales Form Content.
QuickBooks Online Customize Sales Form Window
Don’t worried about how do I Customize the Look and Feel of Invoices, Sales Receipts, and Estimates? Below we are providing the step-by-step instructions on how to customize the look and feel of invoices, sales receipts, and estimates:
- Be sure that you are on the Sales tab Now, click the blue Customize look and feel button as indicated below:
- QuickBooks Online Customize Sales Form Button
- Choose the blue New Style button as indicated below
- QuickBooks Online Sales Form New Style Button
- now you are on to the Customize form style screen
Below we would provide the list of 5 areas that QuickBooks allows you to customize for business sales forms,
- Activity Table
- QuickBooks Online Invoice Window
In this section, we have 5 templates to choose from:
- Airy – this is the default template
QuickBooks Online Appearance Window
In the appearance section, you can change the following information given below:
- The look and size of your logo
- You can change the logo position as you like.
- Set the font for your invoices
- You can set the line height on the body of the invoice (this is important if you have long product/service descriptions)
- If you are using custom letterhead that is not the standard 8.5 by 11 size paper, page margins can be set.
QuickBooks Online Header Tab
You can change the following in the Header section:
- If you want to change the name of the form (Invoice, Estimate, Sales Receipt). For example, if you prefer to call an Estimate a Quote you can change the name of the form in QuickBooks to as you like.
- Any information as you want to appear on your invoices, you can select this information by Company Information. It allows you to select what information (email, website, phone number etc) you want to appear on your invoices.
- You can collect the information of payment terms and due date show up on all invoices by Customer info because it allows.
- If you have created custom fields in QuickBooks so The custom fields section will be applicable.
QuickBooks Online Activity Table
By this section, you can select the columns which appear on your invoices and the order in which they appear. For example, since Paul bills by the hour we change the Quantity field to Hours.
QuickBooks Online Sales form Footer Tab
Footer section indicates your message whom you write for customers, you can include a brief message to your customer’s on each invoice like We appreciate your business.
You can see the changes by clicking the Preview or Print button located at the bottom right part of the screen to see the changes.
Once you are satisfied with the form, then you can Save it.
Here you will find a brief description of each feature along with how we would set this up:
Preferred invoice terms
Mostly Users want invoice and receipt after paying the amount so how set Up Invoices, Sales Receipts & Estimates in QuickBooks Online. This allows you to set up default invoice terms for all customers. For example, if you set it to net 30, the customer will have to pay within 30 days of the generation of the receipt. It will save the time needed to set up the invoice terms for each customer separately. However, if you want to set up special terms for a specific customer, you can allow them a separate set of terms while creating a new customer.
Preferred delivery method
Firstly, you select how the customers get the invoice by default. The options you will see here are print later and send later. By selecting print later, you print and mail the invoices to the customers and if you select send later, it sends the invoice by email. Just like the invoice method, you can set up different terms for some of the customers who do not prefer the general terms.
This feature is available if you are shipping the products to the customers. It includes the options like Shipping dates, shipping address, and shipping duration also.
- Custom Fields
If you have to show additional information on the forms, it can be done by adding a custom field. For example, if you want to show the order numbers on all the pages, add a field for the order.
Custom Transaction Numbers
If you are shifting from some other online books service to QuickBooks on that time use this feature to convert the same numbering system which is already in place to the numbering system of QuickBooks. If you are starting fresh, you have nothing to do with this option.
- Service Date
If you want to take the date of the service other than the invoice date, you can use this option. This feature adds a separate field for the transaction service date on all the forms. This is especially useful for the businesses offering consultation services.
In case you want to give the customers a discount on the transactions, you can enable this option. This will show the discount you have given on the invoices as well as receipt also.
If you want to collect some advance deposit from the customers before starting the work after that you can enable this option because QuickBooks will automatically subtract this from the total amount and show the balance on the invoice.
I hope you find this article useful. If you have any query related to this or any other topic, you can call QuickBooks Support Phone Number +1-855-441-4417.
Watch this video to learn more about How to Set Up Invoices, Sales Receipts & Estimates in QuickBooks Online.