Error: Outlook is missing in Quickbooks Desktop Send Forms Preferences
- Last Updated on: November 24th, 2018
- Posted by: admin
- Category: QuickBooks Desktop
Is your Microsoft outlook is missing in QuickBooks Desktop send forms preferences? Microsoft Outlook allows you to send a variety of forms through email. You have the flexibility of choosing from three methods such as own webmail account, outlook or QuickBooks e-mail.
We will help you to fix this error. You can also connect with our QuickBooks customer support team, in the case you want to hire them. Dial our toll-free number 1-855-441-4417 to quickly resolve the error. Meanwhile, let’s start exploring the issue.
If you can use QuickBooks outlook. Outlook option doesn’ t display when you choose the options such as Edit –> Preferences –> Send forms –> My preferences, you don’t see outlook as an option for emailing from QuickBooks desktop.
Some of the reason behind this issue
- You are using an older click to run a version of Microsoft Office, such as 2010.
- There is a problem with Older Microsoft Office Click-to-Run version. It Office do not support some integration options for programs like QuickBooks Desktop. For the Better facility, make sure that your QuickBooks Desktop is updated to the latest version and Office Click-to-Run 2016.
- Your profile is not set up in Microsoft Outlook.
- Outlook is not the default email program.
- Outlook is not selected as the preferred email program in Internet Explorer.
- Your QuickBooks is hosted on the Cloud and your service provider does not have Office installed as a hosted application.
Note: Here is the thing that you need to know, Intuit does not support Microsoft applications. So if you are having a problem to perform these tasks, then we suggest you get help from an IT professional you have the confidence to do this for you. Some probable risks are:
- Windows and/or MS Office errors
- Loss of MS Office license number and inability to reinstall
Warning: Microsoft Office Click To Run is a way of delivering and updating Microsoft office to the broadband customer using Microsoft virtualization and streaming technologies. Older click to run version does not provide the integration for programs like QuickBooks desktop. So you are using a current version of QuickBooks desktop and click to run version.
Steps to fix outlook send form preferences issue:
Solution 1: Your Outlook version is supported
Firstly verify your outlook version
- Firstly in your outlook Help menu, select the option For Microsoft Office Outlook.
- Then Verify the version information and the build number to install the version of outlook and then check the version of outlook for easily send and set up the email.
- After then you can also verify the version of your outlook by checking your QuickBooks ribbons.
- Verify the relevant version of Outlook based on the version of QuickBooks Desktop
Solution 2: Make the default outlook Email Program
Outlook Email 2010/2013:
- Firstly Select the File Tab
- Click Options
- Select the Startup options, and under this option, select the Make Outlook the default for email, contacts and calendars check box.
Outlook 2007 and earlier:
- Choose Tools –> Options
- Click the Other tab
- Under the General setting, select the Make Outlook the default program for email Checkbox.
If you have multiple QuickBooks profiles, then outlook options provide for select your profile, every time you start up. If a profile is not selected as a default, so QuickBooks will not see outlook, choose a profile then check set as default.
Solution 3: Set the default email plan on Internet Explorer
Note: Before you begin to assure you have Microsoft outlook, outlook express or Microsoft email. You should also be able to send and receive an email from that profile.
- In internet explorer, choose Tools –> Internet Options.
- Select the Program tab.
- Follow the instructions for your version of Internet Explorer.
For the Internet Explorer 9.0, 8.0 and 7.0
- At the bottom of the window, click set programs.
- Click set your default programs
- Choose your email applications
- Select set this program as default and click OK.
- Choose Set program access and computer defaults.
- Select Microsoft Windows.
- Click the drop-down arrow and select Use my current Microsoft e-mail program.
- Click OK.
For Internet Explorer 6.0:
- Close then reopen Internet Explorer
- Choose Tools –> Internet options and click the Programs tab.
- In internet programs, select Outlook as the Email program. Click OK
- Select Edit then Preferences.
- Choose to Send Forms and click My Preferences tab.
- In the Send email using section, then Sign into your email.
Solution 4: Edit the Mail Profile setting in windows
- Close Quickbooks.
- Click the Windows button and open the Control Panel.
- In the Mail and click Mail in the results screen.
- After then, Select the Option Show Profile.
- Click Ok on this profile and then Click OK.
- It helps in QuickBooks outlook profile.
Solution 5: WIN.INI file in Windows
Note: The WIN.INI file is a window systems file and holds some settings, include some settings used for email.
- Press the Windows key on your keyboard and type C:\Windows\ and press Enter.
- Click right button on the WIN.INI file, After then click on the option Copy and paste the file. This file using a separate location as a backup. Copy and paste the file into a separate location as a backup.
- After separation of this file, Go back to the C:\Windows folder and open the WIN.INI file.
- Then file shows different types of headings. Select the one such as [EMAIL]
- You do not show the [Mail] section, then you add it to the end of the file along with the text below.
- If the [Mail] section is there, but the text below is not under that section, please add it.
- After editing the file, save and close it.
- Restart Quickbooks.
- In which, click the edit menu, then select the preferences and then send forms preferences. In short procedure, the outlook should now be an option.
Note: If this does not troubleshoot, edit the WIN.INI again and remove the text that was added, or replaces the file with the copy that was saved earlier.
Important: If you are unable to edit the WIN.INI file due to Windows user access permissions, please log in as the Window Administrator user and try again.
Solution 6:- Run Detect and Repair in Outlook
You can get the depth knowledge in detecting and repairing possible issues with Outlook 2007 and later versions. Read the article from the official site.
Solution 7: Uninstall and reinstall Office and Quickbooks
- Uninstall Quickbooks.
- Uninstall Office.
- Reinstall Office.
- Reinstall Quickbooks.
Solution 8: Resolve With Microsoft
- The Microsoft Article has steps that may help resolve this issue.
Still, unable to resolve the error: Outlook is missing in Quickbooks Desktop Send Forms Preferences? Don’t worry. You can hire our QuickBooks Payroll support team to quickly fix the problem.