Having trouble due to QB error code C=51? Don’t worry, in this article, you will get the full guide to resolve this issue, QuickBooks Error Code C=51 appears to warn you when QuickBooks cannot find TxList. Here in this article, we have provided different methods to fix error C=51 along with the intro to error code C=51 & main causes. Go through the article and learn to fix this issue with the help of several methods. For more info contact our QuickBooks ProAdvisor toll-free:+1-844-405-0904
What is QuickBooks error code c=51?
QuickBooks Error code c=51 is, when you use QuickBooks, it may show a notification error code c=51. This warning message shows that QuickBooks is unable to find the TxList. This occurs when you try to remove txList from the list of txLists, but are unable to find it. It may also occur while removing a transaction from any report.
In such a situation, you have to close all the reports and shut down QBW if essential, and try again.
When you facing this type of problem ( QuickBooks Error C=51) you need to shut down this application. Close all windows including QuickBooks and then restart it again. You have to repeat the action in which the C=51 error was received. Verify-in QB releases 7 or later; or Rebuild data.
Requirements to Troubleshoot QuickBooks Error Code C=51
Here are the three common requirements that need to troubleshoot QuickBooks Error Code C=51
- Your Transaction Log file (.TLG — in the same folder as the corrupted QBW file)
- Corrupted QuickBooks Data file (.QBW)
- You also need an older backup of the QuickBooks Data file (.QBW or .QBB or .QBM)
Main Causes of the Error C=51
If you know the root causes of the error then it can actually be helpful in troubleshooting the issue. Thus, let’s examine some of the most common causes of QuickBooks error codes C = 51.
- The first reason may be any kind of damage to the media, like backups made on a bad floppy disk.
- Another reason may be problems with QuickBooks validation.
- This type of error can occur because the file is damaged.
- In addition, QuickBooks such as recreating the error and upgrading the error can also cause QuickBooks Error C = 51.
- If your QuickBooks database server is defective or corrupt, you may encounter this error.
Solutions to fix QuickBooks error code c=51
Above, you have figured out the reasons, along with the requirements for fixing the QuickBooks error, now let’s proceed further to find out the most efficient and appropriate solution to the error C = 51. There may be more than one solution to this error. We will discuss each step involved one by one.
Solution 1: Update QuickBooks to the Latest Version
This method is the most basic process. Updating your QuickBooks to the latest version may help you to get rid of this problem. Hence, upgrade your QuickBooks to the latest version and check if it resolves your problem. If the problem persists, proceed to the next solution.
Solution 2: Close all the QuickBooks Process
You can also use this method to fix error c = 51, For this, you have to follow the given steps.
- You have to close all the tabs in QuickBooks.
- Open the task manager and shut down all the files related to QuickBooks.
- Now reopen QuickBooks again and perform the same task where the error occurred.
- Finally, you have to rebuild the data in the proper format.
Solution 3: Rebuild Your Data
- In this Solution, you have to first go to the File menu.
- Then from the drop-down, you can see the utilities click on that.
- Now the next step is to select the Rebuild Data.
- Now when back up the company file message is shown then you have to click on the OK button.
- After doing the above steps you have to select the location where you want to save your backup files.
- If all the thing is going perfectly then you’ll get the message Rebuild has completed click on OK if you see this message.
Solution 4: Run QuickBooks File Doctor Tool
Utilizing the QuickBooks File Doctor tool can also be helpful in fixing the error code C = 51.
- First, you have to download the QuickBooks file doctor tool.
- Later, look for the erroneous files.
- And finally, use the tool, and hope you will fix this error.
Solution 5: Restore Your File
- First, restore the backup files.
- After restoring the files, the user needs to press the Ctrl + C keys, after which they are moved to a new folder.
- Right-click on the file option and choose Properties.
- If the backup file is less than 6MB, then it should be noted that the backup file is incorrect.
- And in such cases, the user needs to create a backup file once again.
Solution 6: Check Your Internet Connectivity
Many times, a user may face this error code due to network connectivity issues while the system undergoes the downloading process. Network connectivity issues may prevent transactions from being downloaded. Thus, before starting the download process for the user, it is recommended to check the Internet connection.
Solution 7: Restoring Accidentally Deleted or Altered Transactions
QuickBooks audit trail reports include accidentally deleted or changed transactions. The user can restore the transaction by re-entering the information. To open the report, the following steps are as follows:
- First, open QuickBooks and open the reports menu.
- And later, choose the Accountants and Taxes option, then click on the Audit Trail option.
- Going forward, the user needs to restore the transactions lost due to any technical bug.
If you are facing this kind of error, you can do any of the above methods. We hope that with the help of this article, users of QuickBooks can have a clear approach to dealing with QuickBooks data error C = 51. If none of the methods work in your favor, it is recommended to seek professional help, to avoid any kind of disturbances. You can also directly contact our Intuit Certified ProAdvisor and get instant help for your problem.
Other Useful Articles: