Read this blog to know about how to create custom email templates in QuickBooks Desktop and then you’ll be able to create it on your own.
Do you want to personalize your emails to customers and vendors? Let’s start the discussion on creating custom email templates in QB. You can create email templates along with customized subject lines and email bodies. The other thing which you have to do is choose the one when you send an invoice, sales receipt, estimate, or other transaction.
Steps to Create Custom Email Templates in QuickBooks Desktop
Learn the basic steps from here, you will need to create Custom Email Templates in QuickBooks Desktop. These steps are:
Step 1: Create and customize a template
- At the start, you have to log in to QuickBooks as an admin. In a similar way, you can either log in as a user but require permission to edit company preferences.
- Once you have successfully logged in into QuickBooks, then go to the “File” menu and then “Switch to Single-User Mode”.
If you are willing to create the template then you must have to follow these steps listed below. For each specific transaction type, you can create templates.
- First of all, you have to visit the “Edit” menu and choose the “Preferences”.
- After that, simply choose the “Send forms” menu and then the “Company Preferences” tab.
- Now choose Email which you will get it from the “Delivery Method Default” drop-down menu,
- Choose a transaction type, you will get it from the “Email Templates” drop-down menu
Note: For each transaction type transaction listed, anytime you can create multiple templates.
- Choose “Add Template”
- Now provide a name to your template
- Now simply customize the subject line and body.
- For putting a dynamic data field in your email, you can choose “Insert Field”. This can be used real data from the form such as the name of the customer or due date to fill out the field.
Tip: These fields can be typed into the message body on your own as long as they have matched the pre-filled options.
- Once the process of customizing will be processed successfully, then choose the “Save” option. After you close the template, Choose the “OK” option in the Company Preferences tab just to keep the changes.
Note: In the Company Preferences tab of the send Forms menu, all of your templates will appear to you. For setting the one as the default, you have to choose “transaction type” and then pick the “Set Default” next to the template you are willing to use.
Step 2: Use a Template
Rather than applying other methods you can work with templates for sending emails alongside single transactions, batch emails, also at the time when you send pay stubs.
At the time of the creation of the invoice, you need to take care of something we will describe to you through an example.
We have an example for you, take a look at it: From the “Toolbar” you have to choose “Email” and then “Invoice”. At that moment, QuickBooks will use your default template for the transaction type.
Later on, if you choose to email, you can easily choose any of your templates at the time of sending a batch of emails. For performing this, you have to visit the “File Menu” and then choose “Send Forms”. From the “Template” drop menu, simply make a selection of templates you want to use for.
If you noticed due to some reasons your emails are not using new templates, then the option left for you to do is to check out the how-to-fix email template issues in QuickBooks Desktop.
Suggested read: How to Create an Invoice in QuickBooks Online and Desktop
Hopefully, you will be able to create custom email templates in QuickBooks Desktop with the help of this blog. But, if you are unable to resolve your issue based on creating custom email templates in QuickBooks Desktop then we have one more service to remotely fix the issues by contacting our Intuit Certified ProAdvisors. If you are interested in it, don’t think twice just make a call right now through the 24/7 help desk technical support toll-free number +1-855-441-4417.