QuickBooks Error 6000 80 occurs when opening or creating a company file in QuickBooks Desktop. You will receive a different type of errors in different cases of company file corruption.
In one case when you are trying to open company file you’ll face this error.
We found this error when a remote user was logged in, in “single user mode”. During this error, the user is not able to access the software and the whole flow of the business gets disturbed.
QuickBooks Error 6000 80 will appear during the program installation, while -related software program is running in the background, during Windows opening or Windows shutdown, or even during the installation of the Windows software package.
Why this QuickBooks Error code 6000 80 is happening
- A damaged company (.qbw) files.
- Attempting to convert a file to a company file (.qbw) over a network rather than on a local hard disk.
- QuickBooks is unable to communicate with the server.
- Multiple computed are configured as host for the QuickBooks data file.
- There is data damage in your company file.
How to fix Quickbooks Error 6000 80
Follow the following steps:
1. When you double-clicking on the company file name or icon, get this error
If you find the error (-6000, -80) when double-clicking on the company file name, and you don’t know about this error go to QuickBooks sync manager and try the next step. If you have still trouble in then go to wizxpert.
2. Update all workstations and your server to the latest release
- If you have the latest version of QuickBooks and it’s showing the same error, then continue to the next step
- Go to the Update to the Latest Release page.
3. Use the QuickBooks Desktop File Doctor
- Download, install and run the QuickBooks File Doctor.
- If the software downloads and installs properly and doesn’t show any error problem, try the next step.
4. Copy the file to the local C drive.
- Copy the backup file (.QBB) or the company file (.QBW) to your local hard drive.
- Restore the backup or update the company file.
- Copy all restored or updated company file back to its actual location.
5. Manually resolve error (-6000, -80)
Follow this manual steps that will use if QuickBooks File Doctor not working or still showing the same error:
- Update to the latest release
- Configure firewall or security software to allow Internet access to the QuickBooks Desktop files on all systems and still getting error to continue the next step.
- Check and set up permissions to access the company file correctly.
- Scan the company files folder and create the Network Descriptor (.nd) file.
- Verify hosting on your computers: Be sure that scanning results into turning the hosting on
- Open the particular company file from a different location to check for the damage from a different location.
- Open the file from the hosting computer. If you are able to do so, copy your file to another location
If QuickBooks find that there is no problem with the company, and the error recurs, go to Copy file to another location.
There are a number of troubleshooting steps to resolve this error just contact our professional team member by dialing this toll-free number +1-855-441-4417 they will discuss this in details.