Print checks from Quicken can save your time and effort and also it will help you to avoid mistakes. Here we’ll discuss how to print checks in Quicken for Windows.
For the users who have a page-oriented printer, they need to assume that it’s like printing checks in the paper tray or envelope feeder the same way as inserting letterhead paper. Either you can read the steps below to printing checks in Quicken or you can take help from our Quicken support team to save your time and effort.
Before start process to printing checks, look at this one may also in your interest: Set your printer to print checks in Quicken.
Point to remember: Just note it down that checks cannot be printed on regular printer paper. Compatible checks can be ordered from Intuit. Quicken has separated from Intuit, but Intuit is still our preferred check supplier.
To Print checks in Quicken for Windows
- You need to enter the transaction first.
- Click Ctrl+W, on your keyboard.
- In case of multiple checking accounts, you need to choose which account to use just by clicking the arrow next to the account name at the top of the Write Check area.
- Next, enter the payee name on the Pay to the Order of line.
- After that enter the dollar amount on the $ line, and then the amount will be written on the following line.
- Again, enter an address in the Address field, or click the Address button. And after that, you need to enter and save the address information for this payee on your QuickFill list. (Optional)
- You need to select a category for this expense. (Optional)
- You can also enter additional information on the Memo line. However, this information possibly is visible if you mail the check in a window envelope. In order to enter confidential information, such as your account number, you can also use the Message field.
And, if in case the message field is not available, then;
- At first select Edit menu > Preferences > Write Checks.
- Next, select the Allow Entry of Extra Message on Check option, and then click OK.
- After that click, Record Check in order to save the check in your register.
How to adjust check printing alignment:
In the most case, you won’t have to do anything special to print checks with the text aligned effectively. However, if you have problems you may need to utilize these steps to adjust the alignment of text on your checks but the only when you follow the instructions for printing checks and the text is still not aligned correctly on the print checks.
Once you have to get your checks to print correctly, Quicken saves your alignment settings, so you won’t have to change them again you check with the same alignment in the future.
- Select file > check print.
- Go to the print check window, select the check that you want to print, then click print.
- Adjust alignment.
- Insert the sheet into your printer.
- Click on the print button to print an alignment guide.
- Hold on the alignment guide in the top of a page and checks and verify that the text appears in the right place.
- If you have to adjust the alignment, drag the text as necessary in the preview section of the printer dialog.
- Click on the print button to print an adjusted alignment guide.
- Clear the adjust alignment checkbox and restart printing your checks.
How to print check in Quicken after they have been entered
- Firstly, click Print, in the Write Checks window, which will take you to the Select Checks to Print screen.
- Next, Insert the checks in your printer same as you would letterhead paper.
- Now, in the First Check Number field, you need to verify that the number matches the number on your first check.
- And, if you have several checks to print then you can choose which ones to print by using one of these options:
All Checks: It simply prints all unprinted checks, including postdated checks.
Checks Through Date: It prints all checks up to a specific date. And, the current date is considered as the default date.
- However, you can also change the date by entering a different date in the field provided.
Selected Checks: Simply allows you to select which individual checks to print. And, after selecting this option, click Choose, select the appropriate checks, and then click Done.
- Now, you need to verify that the Check Style is correct:
Standard Checks: It measures 8 1/ 2 x 3 1/2 inches and has three checks per page for sheet-fed printers, such as a laser, inkjet, or bubble jet. Standard checks for continuous-feed printers, such as a dot matrix or tractor pin, are a continuous sheet of checks.
Voucher: It provides a check followed by two vouchers for sheet-fed printers or also a check followed by one voucher for continuous-feed printers.
Wallet: It provides 6 x 2 5/6 inches with a check stub on the side of each check. They will provide three checks per page for sheet-fed printers, or a continuous sheet for continuous-feed printers.
If necessary, then you can change your Quicken checks printing options:
Checks on First Page: You need to use this option only when you are printing a partial page of the standard. And, for the wallet checks on your page-oriented printer. Also, select the number of checks on the first page.
Print Your Logo: If you created a Microsoft Windows Bitmap logo then only select this option to print on your checks.
Additional copies: Here, if you are printing voucher checks on a page-oriented printer then possibly you can also print up to three additional copies by entering 1, 2, or 3 in the box.
- After that click OK in order to start printing checks from Quicken, or click Print First in order to print only the first check of the group of checks that you selected. In addition, the Print First option is used to verify your check settings by printing one check instead of a batch of checks.
- Finally, in the Did Checks Print OK? Window, press OK if every check printed is according to your expectation. If not then you can enter the check number of the first incorrectly printed check, and then click OK.
We have discussed above the process of printing check using Quicken for Windows. It will also help you to avoid the duplicate work of handwriting checks and then recording them in Quicken.
For further assistance, you can contact our Support team at our toll-free number 8888839555.