QuickBooks Unable To Connect To Remote Server
- Last Updated on: October 5th, 2018
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Quickbooks
Intuit always update own product according to user requirements so user prefers this product. QuickBooks is a powerful and easy to use financial management system for medium-sized business. Quickbooks has easy to handle, easy to use features and their simplicity and availability are very impressive so many users are using this. Growing Businesses with QuickBooks solutions is beneficial.
Ability to support up to 30 concurrent users and handle large amounts of data and transaction simultaneously. Sometimes users face errors such as unable to connect to a remote server below we discuss the all possible causes and solutions related to the remote server.
Causes of Unable to Connect to Remote Server:
Some primary causes are:
- A third party firewall which is installed on the network.
- Server connection is lost or not set up properly.
- QuickBooks database server manager is not able to run on the server due to server condition is bad.
QuickBooks Unable To Connect To Remote Server
QB has a common problem with Remote access. Many businesses want to be flexible to use it from anywhere. The problem arises when QuickBooks unable to connect to remote server. It will show an error when you access the company file, but the QuickBooks is unable to Communicate with it, this communication problem can be due to a Firewall issue.
Read also: How to Access QuickBooks Remotely
How to fix QuickBooks Unable To Connect To Remote Server:
We share some possible solution below
Update to the latest Release
- This issue has been resolved in the latest release of QuickBooks Desktop 2017.
- Go to the Update to the Latest Release page.
- Be sure your product is selected, if not,
- Click the Change link and select your QuickBooks product.
- To download the update file, click the Update button.
- If you want to learn how to set QuickBooks to automatically download and install the latest updates click Setup Automatic Updates.
Check settings webmail preferences
- Go to the QuickBooks Edit menu, select Preferences.
- Choose to Send Forms, on the left pane,
- Select the email account you are using and click Edit, under My Preferences,
- To the SMTP Server Details section and set the server name and port to your email provider settings in the Edit Email Info screen.
- To Set up your email service in QuickBooks Desktop for a list of SMTP Server and Ports.
Reset Internet Explorer Settings to Default
- Open Internet Explorer (IE) in your system, and
- Now, click the Tools menu (Alt +T) or the gear icon.
- Go to the Internet Options.
- Click on the Advanced tab then click Restore Advanced Settings.
- Click OK and close the browser.
Create The Network Data (ND) File:
- By your keyboard press, the Windows key once.
- Now type in QB Database Server manager.
- Choose Database Server Manager
- Now, if you can not find the QB database Server Manager in the program list, you might need to uninstall and reinstall QB
- Confirm the installation process.
- In the QB Database server manager window and browser to the location of the folder containing the company file(s), click Add folder.
- When all folder is added, click Scan.
- After scanning QB company flies, you see this file under QB company files found.
- Verify that .nd files are created for each data file.
QuickBooks Remote Access
QuickBooks desktop is designed to provide multi-user access to a local area network, where all users are closely connected to the database server via a hard-wired system. That doesn’t work if you have users in different offices, so Remote Access involves accessing a computer or an application on a computer remotely from a different computer. It is very efficient when using QuickBooks in Single user mode. We will describe two different solutions for remote access.
There are many Remote Screen Tools available, including the discontinued QuickBooks Remote access service from Intuit. The Concept is almost always the same: connect remotely to the screen of the computer running QuickBooks. When connected, the image from the Computer is Streamed across and user interactions (mouse Keyword ) are sent back.
It gives control over the whole computer as if the user was physically sitting in front of the computer, this is also the main drawback: a remote user has Access to the Whole Computer and Anyone with access to the computer can see what the remote user is working on.
QB Remote Access to My QuickBooks Cloud
Here’s a product that has great potential for small offices. It needs multi-user access without the expense of an official QuickBooks Solution or the inconvenience of being locked out of your computer if you use a remote access tool
- The differs from the usual remote access products in that you don’t tie up the hosting computer. The local user can still run applications (including QuickBooks, if you have a QB Multi-User license) on some desktop.
- This Differs From The hosted QuickBooks solutions in that you have a significantly lower cost per user. Although you need to keep in mind that you are providing your own hardware. Cost analyses are complicated sometimes. If you are using a variety of QB, add-on products, or using products like Microsoft Excel or data export.
Steps to fix data connectivity issue to Remote Server
The QuickBooks Connection Diagnostic Tool is a small application that will test the connection between the client and the database server manager. It helps you to understand what is happening. If you get an error and the diagnostic tool cannot connect to your database server, you’ll need to work on the server.
When Intuit QuickBooks works, the SMB accounting software is incredible; when it doesn’t work, it’s an absolute nightmare. The Next Time you’re unable to connect to your QuickBooks data file, try one of the solutions outlined below for getting your company file up and running.
- Database Server Manager
Most likely, all you have installed on your server is the QuickBooks database server manager. With the help of this tool, you can instruct the service where to monitor for data files. If you don’t let the QuickBooks database server know where the data files are, those files will not be made presents to clients.
Place your data files on a shared folder on the root of c:\\(such as c:\\Data or c:\\QB) and make sure everyone who needs access to the file has full rights. This makes everything a lot easier. Then open the QuickBooks database server manager.
- Prevention of repair
Here are some of my best tips for keeping your data file in tip-top shape, so hopefully you won’t need to resolve a data file connection in the future.
- Clean your data
- Verify and rebuild your data
- Log out of QuickBooks
Dial our QuickBooks Support Number +1-855-441-4417 if you are unable to connect your QuickBooks to the remote server by following the above instructions.