Multi-Monitor support in QuickBooks available for users. It is usually also called as multi-display and multi-head. It is basically used in the use of multiple physical display devices, such as monitors, televisions, and projectors. In order to increase the area available for computer programs. And also use to improve the features of the computer and increase its reliability.
It will be very easy for up to three monitors to move a QuickBooks window to a different monitor where QuickBooks will be available. You can take any technical help by QuickBooks Support.
QuickBooks Desktop provides features for general users or we may say that the features for accountants users or for Enterprise users.
If you want to open to check register in one window and it will be display in one monitor on that time open the reconcile feature in a window that you drag onto a second monitor and finally open a specific transaction you’re reviewing for reconciliation purposes and put that transaction on a third monitor?
Features of Multi-Monitor Support
- Clone mode
- Extended mode
- Graphics Devices
- Professional audio production
- Developing software for multiple monitor workstation
- Basically helpful for multiple monitor support
- Keep your login even if you switch to user
- Enhanced inventory report
- Keep your information confidential by applying security.
- Merge multiple users at a single time.
- Secure your webmail.
- It will basically provide an accountant or financial management task to manage all your account-related activities.
- Provide information on the toggle of the reports.
Multi-Monitor Support features 2018 also provide Motions of customizing your financial reports just to change the accounting basis.
Multi-Monitor Support: Why Do we use this?
If you want to use Multi-Monitor for your task. And with this new feature, you probably could spread out the entire QuickBooks Desktop application across those monitors. Or assign QuickBooks to the specific monitor and it will help for your transaction also. you wanted to use will get more done in the way that best fits your monitor configuration and personal workflow. It also the person that is using. This will also have a great help to performed the task gratefully and also get satisfied with it.
By using multi-monitor support you can actually move a QuickBooks Windows to a different monitor. And the monitor where the resident QuickBooks application is being displayed. And also you can store the thing is a huge amount to the database.
Enable Multi-Monitor Mode in QuickBooks
Things you need to do before enabling the Multi-Monitor mode in QuickBooks
- First, you need to set DPI (Font Scaling) settings for all screens or monitors at the default i.e. 100%.
- Set the screen resolution of all the screens/monitors at the same level.
- Then, you need to align all the monitors horizontally. You can do this from your Windows display settings.
- You need to move the screen from one screen to another, you can do this with the help of the toggle button.
To enable the Multi-Monitor mode in QuickBooks,
- From the top menu bar click on the View menu.
- Here, select the Switch to Multi-Monitor Mode screen.
Fix Common Multi-Monitor Mode Errors
One of the most common errors is when you trying to enter the Multi-Monitor mode and then you may encounter error message ‘QuickBooks can’t enter Multi-Monitor mode’.
Reasons behind the Multi-Monitor mode error:
- Using One Window View Mode: If your Windows preferences are set to the One Window then you’ll be not able to enter the Multi-Monitor mode in QuickBooks. To resolve this error, you have to set the preferences to Multi-window from the One window. To do this go to Edit<Preferences<Desktop view.
- Using QuickBooks in Super Max mode: There are few transactions form windows that allow you to expand to the entire screen. To fix this error, you have to unmaximize the transaction window and then you’ll be able to enter the Multi-Monitor window.
Fix the Other QuickBooks Multi-Monitor Errors
- DPI setting is not at the default (100%): The QuickBooks Multi-Monitor mode will not work if the DPI (font scaling) settings of your displays are not at the default (100%). You have to do this on all the screens/monitors.
- Mixed DPI (Font Scaling) Settings: If the DPI settings on every screen are different then you won’t be able to enter Multi-Monitor mode. For example, your laptop has 150% DPI settings and on the other screen its default (100%) screen and another screen has 125% screen settings.
- Third-Party Multi-Monitor application: If you are using any other third-party Multi-Monitor software (like Display-Link, Display-Fusion, etc) then it won’t be compatible with the QuickBooks Multi-Monitor Mode. We recommend you use Windows native Multi-Monitor support.
- Tiling/Cascade of Windows: You will not be able to use functions like tiling/cascade in Windows as soon as QuickBooks Multi-Monitor mode is enabled.
- Moving the Programs Windows: You cannot move the QuickBooks Program window (main program window) if you are in the QuickBooks Multi-Monitor mode. If you want to move the main program window then first you should exit from the Multi-Monitor mode.
- Monitors in Windows settings are not horizontally aligned: If your monitors are not horizontally aligned in the Windows settings then QuickBooks Multi-Monitor mode will not be working properly.
- Hosted Environments: If you are using QuickBooks Desktop in a hosted environment like Right Networks then QuickBooks Multi-Monitor mode will not work on that system.
The Bottom Line
Above, in this article, we have discussed everything you need to know about the QuickBooks Multi-Monitor mode function like features of Multi-Monitor mode, why you should use QuickBooks Multi-Monitor mode, how to enable multi-monitor in QuickBooks, and fix common Multi-Monitor mode error.
If you have any trouble related to the QuickBooks Multi-Monitor support then you should contact our team of Intuit certified QuickBooks ProAdvisor through our 24/7 toll-free customer support number +1-855-441-4417.
Get technical support for QuickBooks: Dial +1-855-441-4417
Learn in detail about major features in QuickBooks Desktop 2018
- QuickBooks 2018 Desktop: Invoice Past Due Stamp
- Multi-Monitor Support features in QuickBooks 2018
- Chart of Accounts Search – What’s new in QuickBooks 2018 Desktop
- QuickBooks 2018 Desktop New Cash-Accrual Report Toggle feature
- Enhanced Inventory Reports – What’s new in QuickBooks Desktop 2018
- Secure E-mail Support features in QuickBooks Desktop 2018
- Stay logged in preference features in QuickBooks Desktop 2018
- Enhanced sales order fulfilment in QuickBooks Desktop 2018
- Merge duplicate vendors in QuickBooks Desktop 2018