Set up and secure your E-mail support feature in QuickBooks Desktop to send invoices, reports, and other transactions through Webmail or Outlook. Here read this article to know How it works and it’s set up for secure users e-mail and data.
Security has been an invincible focus for the QuickBooks strengthen the team for the appendix couple of years, and that continues this year.
If you remember last year’s security/password hullaballoo, don’t badly air unwell. I’ve not come across any security fine-way of mammal that is going to create your activity monstrously. There are many security enhancements in all editions of QuickBooks 2018.
These are the entire fine. Security is important, and none of these changes should interfere with taking into account how you operate gone QuickBooks. E-mail Support features are the best way to keep your email and data protected and safe to the others.
You may also like: Stay logged in preference features in QuickBooks Desktop 2018
Set up your e-mail support feature in QuickBooks Desktop
You can configure QuickBooks Desktop to email invoices, reports and added transactions using webmail or Outlook. Make determined that your Outlook is compatible with the before now your report by checking QuickBooks Desktop system requirements.
- Create an email profile on Outlook.
- If you already have an Outlook account, then further go to the next step.
- Collect the following information to set up Outlook 2007 and 2003 as your email client.
- Quick tip: You may need to contact your ISP (Internet Service Provider) for the following information.
- Incoming email server address
- Incoming email server type
- Outgoing email server address
- Set up Outlook in QuickBooks.
- Quick tip: See Outlook is missing in QuickBooks Desktop Send Forms preferences if Outlook is unavailable in your QuickBooks.
- From the QuickBooks Edit menu, click Preferences and then choose to Send Forms.
- Select Outlook and click OK.
You may also like: Multi-Monitor Support features in QuickBooks 2018
Connect with Secure Webmail
In newer versions of QuickBooks, you can use Secure Webmail for an easier and safer relationship to your email provider. Unlike regular webmail, Secure Webmail works by linking your Intuit account to your webmail account, therefore it doesn’t require you to inversion to enter your password every time you send an email. Secure Webmail is by yourself easily reached for pardon providers depending harshly the year of your QuickBooks checking account:
- QuickBooks 2018: it is available and easy to use for Gmail and Hotmail/Live users in the US, UK, and Canada.
- QB 2017 R5 and newer: it is available for Gmail users in the US only
- QuickBooks 2017 R4 and older: Secure Webmail not available
Important: If you grow Secure Webmail to your QuickBooks company file, you will be required to set in the works a puzzling password for your file if you don’t already have one.
To set taking place Secure Webmail:
- Choose Preferences and click Send Forms, From the QuickBooks Edit menu.
- Select WebMail and click Add.
- Select your provider from the decrease-down and enter your email domicile.
- Ensure that the Use Enhanced Security checkbox is checked.
- Click OK.
- When prompted, sign in to your Intuit account. The username or email habitat you use here may not necessarily be connected as the one you are connecting to QuickBooks.
- Your webmail provider’s login page will display. Sign in and choose to submit Intuit admission.
Note: concerning hosted environments such as Right Networks, you may yet be asked to sign in to your webmail provider in the sense you send emails through QuickBooks though you use Secure Webmail.
Article to read: Mobile inventory scanner support features in QuickBooks Desktop 2018
Connect with regular webmail
WebMail servers and port settings are sure by ISP. QuickBooks can automatically engross out information for some of the most common providers, such as Gmail, Yahoo, and Hotmail/Live. If you use a substitute email provider, you can use the following list to locate its server and port instruction, but it is deeply recommended to flavor this opinion subsequent with your ISP before setting up webmail in QuickBooks Desktop.
- From the QuickBooks Edit menu, select Preferences then click Send Forms.
- Select WebMail and click Add.
- After that, fill out all the add email information and click OK.
- Click OK to save the changes.
For United state user’s only:
|ISP (Internet Service Provider)||SMTP Server||SMTP Port|
|1AND1.com||smtp.1and1.com||587 (SSL enabled, with password)|
|AOL||smtp.aol.com||465 or 587* (SSL enabled for incoming and outgoing mail server)|
|110 or 587|
|EARTHLINK||smtpauth.earthlink.net||25 (with password)|
|MICROSOFT OUTLOOK 365||outlook.office365.com||587 (SSL enabled)|
|NETSCAPE||smtp.isp.netscape.com||25 (SSL enabled)|
|PRODIGY||smtp.prodigy.net||25 (SSL enabled)|
*Note: If 465 port doesn’t work then change the port to 587. Ensure that SSL is enabled when trying both ports.
- Unlike as soon as Secure Webmail, QuickBooks Desktop will prompt you to enter your Webmail password the first period you send an email using regular webmail.
- See QuickBooks will not accept my webmail password if you already followed the steps in this KB but QuickBooks Desktop still won’t accept your password.
- For Cable One users: Use the following credentials since Cable One uses Google servers.
- Email Address: Your Email
- Email Provider: Gmail
- Port: 587 or 465
- SSL: Yes
I hope you found this article useful. Still have an doubt with E-mail Support features, contact our 24/7 QuickBooks online support Number +1-855-441-4417 to get instant help with best service.
Learn in detail about major features in QuickBooks Desktop 2018