Set up and secure your E-mail support feature in QuickBooks Desktop to send invoices, reports, and other transactions through Webmail or Outlook. Here read this article to know How it works and it’s set up for secure users e-mail and data.
Security has been an invincible focus for the QuickBooks strengthen the team for the appendix couple of years, and that continues this year.
If you remember last year’s security/password hullaballoo, don’t badly air unwell. I’ve not come across any security fine-way of mammal that is going to create your activity monstrously. There are many security enhancements in all editions of QuickBooks.
These are the entire fine. Security is important, and none of these changes should interfere with taking into account how you operate gone QuickBooks. E-mail Support features are the best way to keep your email and data protected and safe to the others.
You may also like: Stay logged in preference features in QuickBooks Desktop
Set up your e-mail support feature in QuickBooks Desktop
You can configure QuickBooks Desktop to email invoices, reports and added transactions using webmail or Outlook. Make determined that your Outlook is compatible with the before now your report by checking QuickBooks Desktop system requirements.
- Create an email profile on Outlook.
- If you already have an Outlook account, then further go to the next step.
- Collect the following information to set up Outlook 2007 and 2003 as your email client.
- Quick tip: You may need to contact your ISP (Internet Service Provider) for the following information.
- Incoming email server address
- Incoming email server type
- Outgoing email server address
- Set up Outlook in QuickBooks.
- Quick tip: See Outlook is missing in QuickBooks Desktop Send Forms preferences if Outlook is unavailable in your QuickBooks.
- From the QuickBooks Edit menu, click Preferences and then choose to Send Forms.
- Select Outlook and click OK.
Read this article if your outlook is missing from QuickBooks Preferences
You may also like: Multi-Monitor Support features in QuickBooks
Connect with Secure Webmail
In newer versions of QuickBooks, you can use Secure Webmail for an easier and safer relationship to your email provider. Unlike regular webmail, Secure Webmail works by linking your Intuit account to your webmail account, therefore it doesn’t require you to inversion to enter your password every time you send an email. Secure Webmail is by yourself easily reached for pardon providers depending harshly the year of your QuickBooks checking account:
- QuickBooks 2018 and later: it is available and easy to use for Gmail and Hotmail/Live users in the US, UK, and Canada.
- QB 2017 R5 and newer: it is available for Gmail users in the US only
- QuickBooks 2017 R4 and older: Secure Webmail not available
Important: If you grow Secure Webmail to your QuickBooks company file, you will be required to set in the works a puzzling password for your file if you don’t already have one.
To set taking place Secure Webmail:
- Choose Preferences and click Send Forms, From the QuickBooks Edit menu.
- Select WebMail and click Add.
- Select your provider from the decrease-down and enter your email domicile.
- Ensure that the Use Enhanced Security checkbox is checked.
- Click OK.
- When prompted, sign in to your Intuit account. The username or email habitat you use here may not necessarily be connected as the one you are connecting to QuickBooks.
- Your webmail provider’s login page will display. Sign in and choose to submit Intuit admission.
Note: concerning hosted environments such as Right Networks, you may yet be asked to sign in to your webmail provider in the sense you send emails through QuickBooks though you use Secure Webmail.
Article to read: Mobile inventory scanner support features in QuickBooks Desktop
Fix: QuickBooks won’t accept my webmail password
Here, we are going to show you things you need to know if QuickBooks won’t accept your password or any other webmail password issues.
STEP 1: Update your QuickBooks Desktop
First of all, you need to update your QuickBooks Desktop to the latest version available. Then, check whether you can send an email by sending one to yourself.
If you are still facing the incorrect webmail or password error message then follow the next step.
STEP 2: Check your Email settings
First, you need to open the online email service. Then, you need to review your settings and preferences. If the settings and preferences are incorrect then it can lead to blocking your emails from QuickBooks by mistake.
Follow the steps mentioned below depending on your email service provider.
Go to your app preferences and check whether if something blocking the connection to your Google account or not.
- You can enable the access to the less secure apps in the Google account.
- You can also set the access preference to the specific app in Gmail. In this case, app will be QuickBooks.
- Once you implemented the both steps then go back to QuickBooks and send a test email to yourself to check whether its working or not.
If you are still unable to send the email then you can turn off the security feature of Gmail known as 2-steps verification. Remember that, once you turned off this feature, it will be for all apps not only for QuickBooks.
Yahoo! mail also uses the 2-steps verification process for the security purposes. You have to check this in the security settings.
- First of all, you need to go to your Yahoo security account page.
- Then, you need to check whether 2-step verification feature is On or Off. If it is turned On then click on the button next to the option to turn it off.
- Also turn on the feature that says, Allow app that use less secure sign in.
- Then, open the QuickBooks software again and check whether you can send emails or not by sending a test mail to yourself.
You can use Yahoo’s third-party app passwords generate tool if you are still unable to send emails using QuickBooks. This tool will create passwords that you can use to connect with QuickBooks. Also, you only had to use this tool once.
NOTE: If you are sending email in batches using QuickBooks then this password will expire after you finish sending 12 emails. After that, you need to generate a new password using the third-party tool.
For Other Email Services (Hotmail, AOL, etc)
Like the Gmail and Yahoo mail, here also you need to check the security settings and make an exception for the QuickBooks accounting software if somethings blocking it from send emails.
QuickBooks in RightNetworks
If you are using the RightNetworks then you need to complete a multi-factor authorization with the RightNetworks. If you are facing any issue in signing in to the RightNetworks through a web browser then you should contact them.
STEP 3: Check your antivirus settings
Some security settings on your antivirus may be accidentally blocking the connection. Depending upon the antivirus you use on your system, check the antivirus website for steps to allow port exceptions. Below, we are going to show you how you can make a port exception in Norton and McAfee.
For Nortan Antivirus
- If you are using the Yahoo! mail service then make an exception for the port 465.
- And if you using the Gmail or any other mail service then make an exception for the port 587.
For McAfee Antivirus
If your system uses the McAfee antivirus the open it and then go to the Check Excluded processes list. You have to add the below-mentioned programs for the uninterrupted performance.
- QBW32.exe – C:\Program Files\Intuit\QuickBooks [year]\QBW32.exe
- QBDBMGRN.exe – C:\Program Files\Intuit\QuickBooks [year]\QBDBMgrN.exe
- QBDBMGR.exe – C:\Program Files\Intuit\QuickBooks [year]\QBDBMgr.exe
Once you added these programs and made exceptions for the mentioned ports, you can now test, whether you are able to send mails or not.
Connect with regular webmail
WebMail servers and port settings are sure by ISP. QuickBooks can automatically engross out information for some of the most common providers, such as Gmail, Yahoo, and Hotmail/Live. If you use a substitute email provider, you can use the following list to locate its server and port instruction, but it is deeply recommended to flavor this opinion subsequent with your ISP before setting up webmail in QuickBooks Desktop.
- From the QuickBooks Edit menu, select Preferences then click Send Forms.
- Select WebMail and click Add.
- After that, fill out all the add email information and click OK.
- Click OK to save the changes.
Things you need to know
- In the regular webmail, QuickBooks will ask you to enter your webmail password when the first time you send email using webmail.
- If QuickBooks doesn’t accept your password then read the instructions mentioned above to fix this issue.
For United state user’s only:
|ISP (Internet Service Provider)||SMTP Server||SMTP Port|
|1AND1.com||smtp.1and1.com||587 (SSL enabled, with password)|
|AOL||smtp.aol.com||465 or 587* (SSL enabled for incoming and outgoing mail server)|
|110 or 587|
|EARTHLINK||smtpauth.earthlink.net||25 (with password)|
|MICROSOFT OUTLOOK 365||outlook.office365.com||587 (SSL enabled)|
|NETSCAPE||smtp.isp.netscape.com||25 (SSL enabled)|
|PRODIGY||smtp.prodigy.net||25 (SSL enabled)|
*Note: If 465 port doesn’t work then change the port to 587. Ensure that SSL is enabled when trying both ports.
COX users: If you are using the standard SMTP settings in the COX then you won’t be able to use SSL or login information when sending emails. But in order to use QuickBooks both the SSL connections and login information are needed. Therefore, if you are using port 25 but don’t use SSL connections with SMTP then it won’t work with the QuickBooks Desktop. Alternatively, you can either use port 465 or 587 with SSL.
- For Cable One users: Use the following credentials since Cable One uses Google servers.
- Email Address: Your Email
- Email Provider: Gmail
- Port: 587 or 465
- SSL: Yes
The Bottom Line
We hope you found this article useful. Still have a doubt with E-mail Support features or if you are still unable to send emails with QuickBooks, contact our 24/7 QuickBooks online support Number +1-855-441-4417 to get instant help with the best service.