In this article, we are going to show how you can create, send payroll, and direct deposit paychecks in QuickBooks Desktop Payroll. This article covers the things you need to know before sending payroll that is the essential topic for any task and then the process to send it with complementary notes attached to enhance your understanding. For more info. contact our QuickBooks ProAdvisor through: +1-844-405-0904
If you want to make sure that your employees get the direct deposits paychecks on time then you have to send payroll to Intuit before 5 PM Pacific Time and that too 2 federal banking days before the paycheck date.
You have to keep bank holidays in mind before you create and send paychecks. You may want to visit the official bank website to check the federal bank holidays.
Things you need to know before sending payroll to Intuit
- You have to separately create and send direct deposits paychecks to your employees from the direct deposit paychecks for vendors.
- It is important for you to create and send direct deposit paychecks in the same company file in which previously you were sending the direct deposit paychecks otherwise it may cause the data loss if direct deposit paychecks are sent to a different company file.
- It is recommended by Intuit to Switch to the Single-user mode before you send direct deposit paychecks. However, you can create the paycheck in the single-user mode.
Important for Assisted Payroll: Same as the direct deposits, if you want to make sure that your payroll taxes are paid on time, you need to process the payroll before 5 PM, Pacific Time and that too 2 federal banking days before the paycheck date.
What if you were not able to process the payroll in this time period?
- A penalty of $100 (Backdating Fee) may be charged from you.
- Your direct deposit will not be cleared on time.
- For the late tax payments, you will be charged for the payroll penalties and/or interest.
To Send Payroll to Intuit
- First of all, open the QuickBooks Desktop software.
- Then, go to the top menu bar and select the Employees option and then click on the Send Payroll Data.
- Once you select the above option Send/Receive Payroll Data window will open. Here you have to review the option in the Item to Send section that we have mentioned below.
- The paycheck to be processed.
- Taxes and Direct Deposit amounts (If applicable)
- The funds that need to withdraw from the account. (Remember that the amount you see here does not include any applicable fee.)
- Here, you can also see the changes that you have made in the payroll information. If you are willing to view in detail then select that item in the Item to Send list, and then select View option.
- After that, select the Select All option. Here, you’ll be required to enter the Payroll Service PIN and then select OK.
- Sometimes, users may face the message that says QuickBooks cannot find the following account if this ever occurs to you then follow the instructions given below.
- NOTE: Depending on the activity you were performing, the message that appears might vary in different circumstances, therefore, you need to check all the examples.
- QuickBooks cannot find the following account: This message will appear when you changed your bank account that you use to post payroll fees or direct deposit fees. You need to click on the down arrow and then select the checking account you use for the payroll fees from the list of accounts.
- QuickBooks cannot find the following account: You will receive this message when you try to send a zero payroll after voiding the paychecks. For this, you need to click on the down arrow icon, and then from the list of the accounts, you need to select the Payroll Service Asset Account. The account that you have selected now, QuickBooks will use this account for paying any tax credits (overpaid taxes) due to the void.
- As soon as the transmission gets completed, you will be redirected back to the Send/Receive Data window. If you want to check the important payroll messages then you can do this from Item Received> View. Or you can simply click on the Confirmation Reports. In order to print the report or message, simply click on the Print option while on the view reports page.
- Now, you can close the Send/Receive Data window by click on the Close button.
To check whether the report is received by Intuit or not
You can check whether the report is received by Intuit or not from the Item Received window. Once you sent out the payroll, confirmation of the payroll receipt is available to view as a report. There is an alternative method to confirm whether the payroll was successfully sent to Intuit or not, is to view the paycheck and payroll check liability in the QuickBooks Bank register. If you can see a green lightning bolt icon besides both the liability check and paycheck then it indicates that your payroll information was successfully sent to Intuit.
NOTE: The exact time to post the direct deposit is decided according to the individual financial institution policies, however, the employees should receive their paychecks before 5 PM, local time. There is no guarantee by Intuit regarding the availability of the direct deposits funds in the bank account of the employees by the paycheck date. You should advise your employees to confirm with their banks in order to find out when funds are posted.
The Bottom Line
Now, you will be able to create or send payroll and direct deposit paychecks in QuickBooks Desktop Payroll. In addition to this, we have also mentioned some points that one should keep in mind before sending paychecks. This will guarantee that your employees receive the direct deposit paycheck at the time.
If you have any questions regarding the direct deposit post time or any other issues related to the QuickBooks accounting software then you can have assistance from our experienced team of Intuit Certified experts. For instant solutions dial the toll-free number +1-844-405-0904 for the QuickBooks Desktop Payroll support contact.