QuickBooks com error appears with an error message “Crash: Com Error” when a user tries to mail on Outlook through QuickBooks. Because of this, the users can’t work on QuickBooks, and can’t send forms in QuickBooks. If you are also facing the same issue then this is the right platform to get rid of this issue. In this article, we will know the different ways to solve the com error in QuickBooks and the reasons to find out the cause of the error. Meanwhile, you can find a QuickBooks ProAdvisor by dialing our toll-free number+1-844-405-0904 for further assistance.
What is a QuickBooks Com Error
QuickBooks com error crashes all of the forms and programs repeatedly, when you try to open, work, or send forms in the QuickBooks. This is not a display issue or a display crashing issue in QuickBooks Desktop. It creates problems with an error message to run any program or form in QuickBooks.
Error Code: No Code
Error Message: Crash: Com Error.
Time of Appearance: While sending the email, invoicing, paystubs, making transactions, or reports in QuickBooks.
Usually, at the time of its occurrence, users are left with no option rather clicking OK on the hover crash com error message. It is assumed that the root cause for its occurrence is when sync fails with the operating system. However, there are several other reasons which we’ll discuss in the next heading.
Why QuickBooks Com crash Error Occurs
You can get the answer to your question, by reading the following reasons;
- Sometimes improper installation of QuickBooks Program can create the problem of com error.
- May be any malware attacked the important QuickBooks files.
- If QuickBooks crucial files are mistakenly deleted by any anti-virus (assuming as infected).
- And most of the times the windows firewall blocks the QuickBooks process.
- If the sync fails with the Windows Operating System.
- may be the QuickBooks faces trouble communicating with either the client or the email services.
Now let’s come to the main thing, which is how to resolve the issue. Before discussing that just make sure to have the backup of your QuickBooks data before you do anything.
How To Fix QuickBooks Crash Com Error
QuickBooks com error has different solutions to fix. But you have to choose the right one according to the reason. Here are the solutions to the com error in QuickBooks, choose the right one:
Solution 1: Update Microsoft Outlook to The Latest Release
This is the very first thing the user should do when he faces a com error. Here’s how to do this:
- Open your Outlook App, and head to the File Tab
- Next, select Office Account & click on the Update Now button after selecting the Updates option
Note: Make sure you have set Microsoft Outlook as the default Mailing App in your system.
Solution 2: Make the Microsoft Outlook As the Default Mail App
In order to add an email account to Outlook, follow the steps below:
- In your Outlook Mail app, again head to the File Tab
- Now, simply select the Add Accounts option, this will initialize the installation process
- It will ask you for the email address you want to add. Simply type-in your Mail ID and proceed by clicking the Connect option
- It will automatically select the best host settings, once again click on the Connect option
- Next, you need to type the password for your email and click OK, now again press the OK which will complete your installation process
Solution 3: Try To Toggle Mail Settings
Here’s how to do this:
- Open Control Panel, then click on the Mail option and select Microsoft Outlook
- Now, in the Mail Setup window, select the Show Profile
- Check if the Use this Profile is already selected, in that case, you need to choose a prompt for the profile
- Now click on Apply
- Again, toggle the choice back to Always use this profile and click on Apply
- At last, click OK
Solution 4: Run the QuickBooks on Compatibility Mode
First of all, check the QuickBooks is compatibile with Windows or not. Then follow the steps below to on the compatibility mode on QuickBooks:
- First, right-click on QuickBooks Desktop Icon
- Now select the Properties option and head to the Compatibility tab.
- Next, check the Run this Program in Compatibility Mode option.
- Select the required Window (7,8,10) from the drop-down and check the Run This Program As Administrator option.
- Now simply hit Apply, then OK.
Solution 5: Update the QuickBooks to the Latest version
If the problem isn’t fixed after following the above solutions, then updating the QuickBooks software could help. Here’s how to update QuickBooks:
- Open and run QuickBooks as Administrator
- In the top navigation, head to the ‘Help‘ Tab and select the Update QuickBooks Desktop option
- A new window will open, kindly head to the Options tab
- Now select the Mark All option and click on the ‘Save‘ button and ‘Close‘ at the bottom
- Next, head to the ‘Update Now‘ tab
- Just check the ‘Reset Update‘ checkbox and then click on Get Updates
- This will install the latest version of QuickBooks
Solution 6: Add a New Windows Admin User
We can add a new Windows admin user to access the QuickBooks without facing the com error. Here is the procedure to add on a new admin user in Windows.
- Go to the ‘Windows‘ icon or to the ‘Start‘menu, and click on it.
- Now select the ‘All Program‘ option, and choose the ‘Windows Small Business Server‘ option.
- Click on the ‘Windows SBS Console‘ option, and move towards the ‘Users and Groups‘ section.
- Choose the ‘Add and User Account‘ tab from the ‘Users and Groups‘ section.
- A user information form will appear on your screen, just fill out that.
- And also follow the wizard to add a new user account.
- Give the full access or the administartive rights to the new user account.
- And click on the ‘Finish‘ option to complete the procedure.
- Now login to the Windows with the new user, and reopen the QuickBooks.
Solution 7: Create a New Microsoft Outlook Profile
If still, all of the above solutions are not giving any results to solve the issue then create a new Microsoft Outlook profile.
- First of all close the Microsoft Outlook, if you have opened it.
- Open ‘Control Panel‘, and select the ‘User Account‘ option fro the ‘Mail‘ option.
- Go to the ‘Mail Set Up‘ window, select the ‘Show Profiles‘ option, and then ‘Add‘.
- Enter the name in the ‘Profile Name‘ field.
- Click ‘OK‘, and follow the on-screen prompts to add an email account.
- Click on the ‘Apply‘option, and then the ‘OK‘ option.
We hope these solution has somehow helped you in fixing the crash com error problem in QuickBooks. However, if you still feel like missing or lost somewhere, feel free to find help from our Proadvisor team. You can even call us at our toll-free number +1-844-405-0904 to get immediate assistance.