The crash COM error in QuickBooks is very disheartening. If you are searching for solutions on how to fix com error in QuickBooks, then reading this article will help you, the deatils we provided here is complete solution to com error in QuickBook. We have shared some in-depth details like what this error is, why it occurs and how to easily fix this error and get rid of it completely. Still, you face probleb regarding this issue feel free to call us +1-844-405-0904.
QuickBooks desktop is one of the most advanced accounting software, but it have lot of errors along with, Com error is one of those. let’s have a detailed discussion;
It’s a commonly occurring error code, but that doesn’t mean it can’t be fixed.
If you are facing this kind of Quickbooks error then read this whole article carefully. If you still have trouble solving any kind of error we have a big team of QuickBooks Experts who will assist you with the best possible and customized solutions to QuickBooks com errors. You can contact our QuickBooks Support at this toll-free number – +1-844-405-0904.
Let’s start by understanding what this error is?
Quickbooks COM Error Brief introduction
As said, the com error is common, which creates trouble for the users working on QuickBooks. Commonly it can corrupt the crucial data and sometimes the system as well which can be a troublesome situation for the users. The most common situations where most people face this issue are while sending the email, invoicing, paystubs, making transactions, or reports.
Usually, at the time of its occurrence, users left with no option rather clicking OK on the hover crash com error message. It is assumed that the root cause for its occurrence is when sync fails with the operating system. However, there are several other reasons which we’ll discuss in the next heading.
Major Causes Behind COM Error in QuickBooks
Below is the list of major factors which are responsible for causing COM error in QuickBooks:
- If the QuickBooks Program is not properly installed.
- If any malware attacked the QuickBooks crucial files
- If QuickBooks crucial files are mistakenly deleted by any anti-virus (assuming as infected)
- If the windows firewall is blocking any QuickBooks process
- If the sync fails with the Windows Operating System
- If QuickBooks faces trouble communicating with either the client or the email services
Now let’s come to the main thing, which is how to resolve the issue. Before discussing that just make sure to have the backup of your QuickBooks data before you do anything.
Simple Solutions To Fix Crash Com Error In QuickBooks
Below are simple and best-proven solutions you can try to fix the crash com error in QuickBooks. Make sure to follow each and every solution wisely so as avoid any trouble later while troubleshooting.
Solution-1: Try Updating Outlook To The Latest Release
This is the very first thing the user should do when he faces com error. Here’s how to do this:
- Open your Outlook App, and head to the File Tab
- Next, select Office Account & click on the Update Now button after selecting the Updates option
Note: Make sure you have set Microsoft Outlook as the default Mailing App in your system.
Solution-2: Try Adding Email Account To The Outlook Mail App
In order to add an email account to Outlook, follow the steps below:
- In your Outlook Mail app, again head to the File Tab
- Now, simply select the Add Accounts option, this will initialize the installation process
- It will ask you for the email address you want to add. Simply type-in your Mail ID and proceed by clicking the Connect option
- It will automatically select the best host settings, once again click on the Connect option
- Next, you need to type the password for your email and click OK, now again press the OK which will complete your installation process
Solution-3: Try To Toggle Mail Settings
Here’s how to do this:
- Open Control Panel, then click on the Mail option and select Microsoft Outlook
- Now, in the Mail Setup window, select the Show Profile
- Check if the Use this Profile is already selected, in that case, you need to choose a prompt for the profile
- Now click on Apply
- Again, toggle the choice back to Always use this profile and click on Apply
- At last, click OK
Solution-4: Try Running QuickBooks on Compatibility Mode
Follow the steps below to do this:
- First, right-click on QuickBooks Desktop Icon
- Now select the Properties option and head to the Compatibility tab
- Next, check the Run this Program in Compatibility Mode option
- Select the required Window (7,8,10) from the drop-down and check the Run This Program As Administrator option
- Now simply hit Apply, then OK
Solution-5: Try Updating QuickBooks
If the problem isn’t fixed after following the above steps, then updating the QuickBooks software could help. Here’s how to update QuickBooks:
- Open and run QuickBooks as Administrator
- In the top navigation, head to the Help Tab and select the Update QuickBooks Desktop option
- A new window will open, kindly head to the Options tab
- Now select the Mark All option and click on the Save button and Close at the bottom
- Next, head to the Update Now tab
- Just check the Reset Update checkbox and then click on Get Updates
- This will install the latest version of QuickBooks
We hope these solution has somehow helped you in fixing the crash com error problem in QuickBooks. However, if you still feel like missing or lost somewhere, feel free to find help from our Proadvisor team. You can even call us at our toll-free number +1-844-405-0904 to get immediate assistance.