Having trouble due to QuickBooks Com error crash when sending mail invoices? Don’t worry, we are here with a solution in this article to aid you. Crash com error generally damages your system, if your QuickBooks keeps crashing. If you want to get rid of this error you can follow the steps & different methods of solutions mentioned in this article. These simple steps have proven to be of great help to resolve QuickBooks crash com error. If you have an issue then contact our QuickBooks ProAdvisor toll-free:+1-844-405-0904
QuickBooks Com Error Crash is a very common error that arises while opening, working, or sending forms in QB. This creates a lot of problems for users. Especially in QuickBooks as it is specialized accounting software and it contains important financial data such as invoices and account statements.
Table of Contents
Why does QuickBooks Com Error Crash occur
These are the possible causes for QuickBooks com error crash:
- Incomplete or improper installation of QuickBooks programming.
- Malware corrupts the MSXML, .NET framework/ QB related program records.
- Another program wrongly erased QB related documents
Stages when you face this error
Here is some situation where you will notice the QuickBooks com error crash :
- You encounter this com error when emailing and opening invoices.
- QB com crash errors happen while making an attachment.
- When saving QB crash com error happens.
- Com error occurs when opening the check register.
- Com error occurs when opening a report in QB.
Simple Steps to Fix QuickBooks com crash error
Follow the exact steps mentioned in the solutions and try all the processes that can generate this error. If the error still occurs, go to the next suggested solution.
Solution 1: Set up Outlook as the default mail app
- Go to Control Panel> Default Program> Set Your Default Program
- From the program list, select MS Outlook and then select this program as default.
- Choose Ok.
Solution 2: Add an Email Account to Microsoft Outlook.
- In MS Outlook, select the File menu
- Select Add Account to start the setup
- Enter the email address you want to add and select Connect.
- Wait for Outlook to automatically detect the correct server settings, then select Connect
- Enter the password used for the email address, then select OK
- Choose OK to complete setup
Important: If QuickBooks is not able to detect desktop Outlook (to check it, Edit> Preferences> Send form> to see my Preferences tab if you have the option to select Outlook) May require restarting and repairing QuickBooks. You may also need to create a new Windows user profile if the new Windows profile does not detect Outlook in QuickBooks preferences.
Solution 3: Toggle Mail Settings
- Go to Control Panel> Mail
- Choose Microsoft Outlook
- In the Mail Setup window, choose Show Profile.
- Note: Step 2 and 3 can be skipped if Outlook is already set as the default mail program
- If the Always use this profile radio button is selected already, select a prompt for the profile to be used and then select Apply.
- Always use this profile to toggle the selection back and apply it.
- Finally, choose OK
Solution 4: Create a new Outlook email profile
- Close Microsoft Outlook
- Go to Control Panel> Mail
- Choose Show Profile.
- Click Add.
- Type the name of the profile under the profile name and click OK.
- Add an email account to use in your profile by following the instructions on the screen.
- Always select Use this profile drop-down, select newly created profile, click Apply, OK.
Note: This does not remove the existing Outlook profile.
Solution 5: Repair Office and Windows Update for Run
- See Microsoft article for detailed steps
- Repair office
If an Office application such as Word or Excel is not working properly, then restarting it will fix the problem. If that does not work, then you can try to repair it. When you do, you have to restart your computer.
The steps to reach repair equipment vary depending on your operating system.
- Right-click the Start button on the Windows Start button in Windows 8 and Windows 10 (bottom-left corner), and choose Apps and Features on the pop-up menu.
- Select the Microsoft Office product that you want to improve, and select Modify.
Your copy of the office depends on the following, based on click-to-run or MSI-based installation.
Click to Run
If you want to repair your Office programs, to ensure that everything is all right, select Online Repair, and then select Repair. (Fast instant correction option is also available, but it only replaces corrupt files and then makes changes.)
Change your installation, select Repair, and then click Continue.
Follow the instructions on the screen to complete the repair.
- Windows Update: FAQ
Important: Intuit does not support Microsoft applications and is not responsible for running these devices. If you are uncomfortable in performing these tasks, then we recommend that you be an IT professional, from which you believe in doing this. Some potential dangers are:
- Windows and MS Office Errors
- Loss of MS Office License # and unable to restore.
Solution 6: Run QuickBooks in Compatibility Mode
- Just click the QuickBooks icon on your desktop, then select the QuickBooks option in compatibility mode.
- Choose compatibility and check the box from the Compatibility Mode section, run this program to run in compatibility mode
- From the drop-down, select Windows 7
- From the privilege level section, put a check to run this program as an administrator.
- Apply and choose OK
We hope that you found this blog helpful to fix QuickBooks Com Error Crash when sending emails or if your QuickBooks shuts down when emailing invoices. However, if you still need support regarding this problem or any other issue related to QB, then Please contact our QuickBooks support team. Dial +1-844-405-0904