Don’t know how to check QuickBooks compatibility with windows 10? In this article, we have discussed the list of QB version compatibility with Windows 10 (2015, 2014, 2013…) and also consider what’s different in these versions. Go through the article, learn to check the windows version, and steps to enable .NET framework 3.5. For any assistance or help contact our QuickBooks ProAdvisor toll-free: +1-844-405-0904
Every software has the same features for every user but the compatibility of every software is different for every different version. Microsoft released its latest operating system, Windows 10 on 29 July 2015. You do not require to update to Windows 10 from your current OS because it’s an optional update.
How to check Windows 10 version?
Everyone uses Windows 10 with different versions. So you have to know the version of Windows 10 which is installed in your system. Follow these steps to check the version as well as other specifications.
- Go to your Start menu and in the search bar click on the About your PC.
- Click on About your PC, then scroll down to see your version number.
- Now the new window comes on your screen, you have to scroll down the page can see the version number.
- If you want to match the version of Windows 10 then you can check online where all the windows 10 lists come up, you can match it from your installed version.
Which versions of Windows 10 are supported with QuickBooks Desktop, Pro, Premier, and Enterprise
Now that you have your version number, look below to see which is certified to work with QuickBooks Desktop. Here we are considering all the Windows versions that are compatible with QuickBooks
Windows 10 version 1809 (latest)
QuickBooks Desktop 2022 and 2021 are fully approved to work properly on version 1803 of Windows 10. Desktop 2017-2019 is still not fully compatible with Windows 10. Yet, we are not aware of the main problems that prevent you from using QuickBooks on this version of Windows 10, so you should have no difficulty.
Windows 10 version 1803
QuickBooks Desktop 2017-2020 is fully compatible to work accurately on Windows 10 version. It is also fully compatible with the 2021 and 2022 versions of QuickBooks desktop.
Windows 10 version 1709
QuickBooks Desktop versions 2017-2020 are also fully compatible to work accurately on Windows 10 version 1709/
Windows 10 versions 1507, 1511, 1607, and 1703
When you are using Home or Pro version of Windows 10 versions 1507, 1511, 1607, and 1703, then it recommends you to first update the latest release of Windows 10 because now Microsoft discontinued support for Windows 10 versions 1507, 1511, 1607, and 1703.
Make Sure to enable the .NET Framework 3.5 to ensure the optimal compatibility with QuickBooks Desktop. Because in many versions of Windows it is not enable by default. .NET Framework provides you the smoothest experience with QuickBooks.
Steps to enable the .NET Framework 3.5
- First, press Windows+R simultaneously to open the Run box.
- next, type Control Panel, then click on OK.
- Now, select Uninstall a Program, and next choose to Turn Windows features on or off.
- Here, assure that .NET Framework 3.5 is enabled (checked), as well as .NET Framework 4.5. If it is unchecked, check it and then choose OK and if it is already checked, then simply click on Cancel.
Now let’s discuss the Windows compatibility with various QuickBooks versions in detail
QuickBooks 2016 R7 and later
Too much of the delight for the QB user QB 2016 R7 is certified to work with windows 10. If you are using QuickBooks then you will need to update QuickBooks to the latest version which is compatible to work in Windows 10. But if you are using Quickbooks 2016 R7 and later, you do not need to update anything, you can easily work on Windows 10. The version List of QuickBooks that is supported by windows 10 is given below.
- QuickBooks Desktop 2023
- QuickBooks Desktop 2022
- QuickBooks Desktop 2021
- QuickBooks Desktop 2020
- QuickBooks Desktop 2019
- QuickBooks Desktop 2018
- QuickBooks Desktop 2017
QuickBooks 2016 (R1 – R6) Windows 10 Compatibility
If you want to open QuickBooks 2015 on Windows 10, you should make sure that you have enabled .NET framework 3.5 which is mostly disabled by default from Microsoft, so that you can have the best experience possible while using an operating system that does not support QB.
How To Make QuickBooks 2015 compatible with Windows 10
You have to enable .NET Framework 3.5 on your system to make QuickBooks 2015 compatible with Windows 10. To enable the .NET Framework, follow the steps mentioned below.
- Go to Windows Control Panel & select Programs and Features and after that click on “Turn Windows features On or Off”.
- Scroll through the items to locate “.NET Framework 3.5”.
- Enable the .NET Framework 3.5 option.
- Exit out of the Control Panel.
- Restart your computer.
On the system & check if you still have any compatibility issues with QuickBooks 2015 windows 10
QuickBooks 2014 and earlier
QuickBooks 2014 or earlier version is not supported in Windows 10. You have to update your QB if you are using QuickBooks 2014 and earlier.
What are the new updates in windows 10
- The new start menu looks more similar to the start menu of Windows 7.
- More Control Over Optional Updates
- Windows 10 includes a virtual desktop, which is also known as the task switcher.
- Cloud Download for Reinstalling Windows
- It also has a new version of the .Net framework (4.6).
- Bandwidth Limits for Windows Update
- Even though Internet Explorer 11 is still available for use, Windows 10 consists of a new browser called EDGE.
- WSL 2 With a Linux Kernel
- Disk Type & GPU Temperature in the Task Manager
- Renaming Virtual Desktops
Frequently Asked Questions
Here we have answered some more frequently asked questions. Have a look at this and get answers to your query.
Is QuickBooks Windows 10 compatible?
Yes, all the QuickBooks versions 2015 and earlier are compatible with Windows 10. Windows 10 is the best and most compatible with the newer versions of QuickBooks.
What version of QuickBooks is compatible with Windows 10?
Not all QuickBooks versions are compatible with Windows 10. So here is the list of the QuickBooks versions supported by Windows 10.
1. QuickBooks 2016 R7 & later
2. QuickBooks 2015 & QuickBooks 2016 (R1 – R6)
Does QuickBooks 2009 work with Windows 10?
Windows 10 didn’t support QuickBooks 2019. It is not compatible with the QuickBooks version 2014 or earlier. You should upgrade the QB version to 2015 or later. Upgrade QuickBooks to the QB 2022 version to explore the new features and enjoy QB in a new way.
Hope, after the detailed discussion on QuickBooks compatibility with Windows 10, now you better understand which versions of Windows 10 are compatible with your QuickBooks.
For more information about QuickBooks Compatibility With Windows 10, you can talk to our Intuit Certified QuickBooks ProAdvisor or directly call us at +1-844-405-0904. Here you’ll find instant help regarding your queries.