In this article, we will discuss the QuickBooks compatibility with Windows 10 versions (2015, 2014, 2013…) and also consider what’s the new updates in Windows 10. So you just need to stay connected with us to get the updated information.
Every software has the same features for every user but the compatibility of every software is different for every different version. Microsoft released its latest operating system, Windows 10 on 29 July 2015. You do not require to update to Windows 10 from your current OS because it’s an optional update.
- How to check Windows 10 version?
- QuickBooks Compatibility with Windows 10 Supported Versions
- Now let’s discuss the Windows compatibility with various QuickBooks versions in detail
- Frequently Asked Questions
How to check Windows 10 version?
Everyone uses the Windows 10 with the different versions. Follow these steps to check the version as well as other specifications.
- Go to your Start menu and in the search bar click on the About your PC.
- Click on About your PC, then scroll down to see your version number.
QuickBooks Compatibility with Windows 10 Supported Versions
Here we are considering all the Windows versions that are compatible with QuickBooks
Windows 10 version 1809 (latest)
QuickBooks Desktop 2020 is fully approved to work properly on version 1803 of Windows 10. Desktop 2017-2019 is still not fully compatible with Windows 10. Yet, we are not aware of the main problems that preventing you from using QuickBooks on this version of Windows 10, so you should have no difficulty.
Windows 10 version 1803
QuickBooks Desktop 2017-2020 are fully compatible to work accurately on Windows 10 version.
Windows 10 version 1709
QuickBooks Desktop versions 2017-2020 are also fully compatible to work accurately on Windows 10 version 1709/
Windows 10 version 1507, 1511, 1607, and 1703
When you are using Home or Pro version of Windows 10 versions 1507, 1511, 1607, and 1703, then it recommends you to first update the latest release of Windows 10 because now Microsoft discontinued support for Windows 10 versions 1507, 1511, 1607, and 1703.
Make Sure to enable the .NET Framework 3.5 to ensure the optimal compatibility with QuickBooks Desktop. Because in many versions of Windows it is not enable by default. .NET Framework provides you the smoothest experience with QuickBooks.
Steps to enable the .NET Framework 3.5
- First, press Windows+R simultaneously to open the Run box.
- next, type Control Panel, then click on OK.
- Now, select Uninstall a Program, next choose to Turn Windows features on or off.
- Here, assure that .NET Framework 3.5 is enabled (checked), as well as .NET Framework 4.5. If it is unchecked, check it and then choose OK and if it is already checked, then simply click on Cancel.
Now let’s discuss the Windows compatibility with various QuickBooks versions in detail
QuickBooks 2016 R7 and later
Too much of the delight for the QB user QB 2016 R7 is certified to work with windows 10. If you are using a release of QuickBooks 2016 earlier than R7, you will need to update QuickBooks to the latest version to work in Windows 10. But if you are using QuickBooks 2016 R7 and later, you do not need to update anything, you can easily work on Windows 10.
QuickBooks 2016 (R1 – R6) Windows 10 Compatibility
If you want to open QuickBooks 2015 on Windows 10, you should make sure that you have enabled .NET framework 3.5 which is mostly disable by default from Microsoft, so that you can have the best experience possible while using an operating system that does not support QB.
How To Make QuickBooks 2015 compatible with Windows 10
You have to enable .NET Framework 3.5 on your system to make QuickBooks 2015 compatible with Windows 10. To enable the .NET Framework, follow the steps mentioned below.
- Go to Windows Control Panel & select Programs and Features and after that click on “Turn Windows features On or Off”.
- Scroll through the items to locate “. NET Framework 3.5”.
- Enable the . NET Framework 3.5 option.
- Exit out of the control Panel.
- Restart your computer.
On the system & check if you still have any compatibility issue with QuickBooks 2015 windows 10
QuickBooks 2014 and earlier
QuickBooks 2014 or earlier version is not supported in Windows 10. You have to update your QB if you are using QuickBooks 2014 and earlier.
What are the new updates in windows 10
- The new start menu looks more similar to the start menu of Windows 7.
- More Control Over Optional Updates
- Windows 10 consists of a virtual desktop also known as the task switcher.
- Cloud Download for Reinstalling Windows
- It also has a new version of the .Net framework (4.6).
- Bandwidth Limits for Windows Update
- Even though Internet Explorer 11 is still available for use, window 10 consists of a new browser called EDGE.
- WSL 2 With a Linux Kernel
- Disk Type & GPU Temperature in the Task Manager
- Renaming Virtual Desktops
How to check Windows 10 version
Everyone uses Windows 10 but with different versions, so it’s important to know how to check my windows 10 version. Let’s discuss the simple steps to check the version:
- Simply, click on the Start menu and type About Your PC.
- Now, click on About your PC, next scroll down to find your version number.
Frequently Asked Questions
Which Windows version does QuickBooks no longer support?
After January 14, 2020, Microsoft discontinues providing updates or support for PCs running Windows 7 or Windows Server 2008.
Which oldest version of QuickBooks that works with Windows 10?
Does QuickBooks compatible with Windows Server 2019?
QuickBooks 2019 version is only compatible with these windows servers: Windows Server 2016, Windows Server 2012 R2, Windows Server 2011.
Hope, after the detailed discussion on QuickBooks compatibility with Windows 10, now you better understand which versions of Windows 10 are compatible with your QuickBooks.
For more information about QuickBooks Compatibility With Windows 10, you can talk to our Intuit Certified QuickBooks ProAdvisor or directly call us on +1-855-441-4417. Here you’ll find instant help regarding your queries.