Are you facing display issues while operating QuickBooks? Do the icons or fonts displayed look fuzzy? Are your windows appearing blank? So here we are with an article to let you know about the symptoms, reasons, and steps to troubleshoot this problem. Read the information given till the end to find solutions to your problems. You can also contact us on our toll-free number +1-844-405-0904 to resolve your query.
QuickBooks display issues can be faced by the users if they switched to a high-resolution monitor which is 1920 x 1200 resolution or higher. The QuickBooks display issues can lead to unwanted delays in tasks, so it is very important to resolve them as soon as possible. Here we will discuss some major display issues in QuickBooks and ways to fix them.
Table of Contents
Signs and Reasons for Display Issues in QuickBooks
Display issue occurs due to improper settings in the MS Windows resolution, so you need to check these settings regularly in order to ensure the optimal performance of QuickBooks.
DPI is dots per inch which measures the dot density per inch, and QuickBooks is coded in such a way that it is compatible to work nicely with the DPI value of lesser than 100% (96 DPI). DPI settings of 125 to 150%, can lead to QuickBooks display issues.
Some of the early signs of display issues are:
- Fonts that are extremely large
- The transaction form is too large for the computer screen.
- When you maximize or minimize the screen, it becomes hazy.
- The front page is empty.
- A field’s label is overwritten and hidden.
- Sometimes QuickBooks screen turns black instead of white
- The sizing icon in the top right corner of the screen does not correspond to the actual size of the screen.
Troubleshooting QuickBooks Desktop Screen Issues
You may need to change your default settings in QuickBooks if you have a newer high-resolution monitor. Here are the methods to change settings, for fixing this issue.
Solution 1: Change Display Settings in QuickBooks
You need to change your display and view preferences in QuickBooks before adjusting the window settings.
- QuickBooks Desktop should be closed.
- Open the Start menu in Windows.
- In the search box, type “QuickBooks.” Then select Open file location from the context menu when you right-click the QuickBooks icon.
- Right-click the QuickBooks.exe file in the folder and choose Properties.
- Select the Compatibility option from the drop-down menu.
- Disable display scaling on high DPI settings by checking the box. Changing high DPI settings and then Overriding high DPI scaling behavior are also options.
- After that, select OK and then Apply.
Solution 2: Adjust your View Preferences in QuickBooks
Follow the below-listed steps to edit the preferences in QuickBooks Desktop.
- Select Preferences from the Edit menu in QuickBooks.
- From the drop-down menu, choose Desktop View, then the My Preferences tab.
- Select the One Window option in the View section. Then press OK.
Solution 3: Change your Windows display settings
The default Windows DPI settings work best with QuickBooks. You may experience display issues if you change these settings.
- To reset the default display settings in Windows 10 and Windows 8, follow Microsoft’s instructions.
- Set your screen to a minimum of 1024 x 768 pixels. For the best display, we recommend 1920 x 1080.
- Restart your computer, then open QuickBooks and your company file.
Solution 4: Modify the Screen Resolution Setting of the Computer
You can also your screen resolution by following the below steps.
- Select the Display option by right-clicking anywhere on the desktop.
- On the left pan, select Display, then Advanced display settings.
- Select the Display option. If you have more than one display connected to your computer, choose the one you want to change.
- Go to the Resolution section and select a screen resolution of 1024 x 768 pixels or higher.
- Apply the changes.
- Keep the changes by clicking Keep the changes.
Solution 5: Update Video Card Drivers
- Firstly you have to click on the start button.
- Then go for the control panel.
- Select the device option and then right-click on the Video card.
- Now you have to look for the update driver option.
- After that, you have to go to search now. Write the video card’s name from the device manager in the display adapters window. If you’re manually updating the device drivers, do this.
- To obtain instructions regarding the same, go to the manufacturer’s website.
- Enter the Card name under the Driver option.
- Now you have to Download and set up the driver right away.
- Finally, reboot the computer to effect the modifications.
What do you mean by DPI?
DPI means Dots per inch. For eg: if you have an image of 300 DPI resolution then it means that every inch consists of 300 dots of ink. It refers to how the mouse is able to move per inch. If you have 800 DPI then your mouse measures the movement per inch whenever you move your mouse on that image. If you talk about QuickBooks then it is compatible with also lesser than 100% DPI because Quickbooks is coded in such a way that you can easily use it with low DPI as well. Some systems consist of 120 to 150% DPI settings that make them unable to see the entire page.
What are the signs that indicate display issues in QuickBooks Desktop?
If you are facing a display issue on your QuickBooks desktop then you will see the given symptoms.
- You’ll see that your transaction form is unable to fit on the screen.
- You’ll get a blank home page.
- Whenever you’ll get an unclear screen while maximizing or minimizing, it indicates a sign of a display issue.
- The size of the icon is not constant.
- Sometimes you’ll get the b buttons are missing.
Here, we have compiled four useful solutions for resolving QuickBooks display issues. If the problem still continues, you can talk to our certified QuickBooks experts for their help and guidance at our toll-free number +1-844-405-0904.