Eager to know the QuickBooks error code 6073 QuickBooks unable to open the company file, and wanna fix it? Then nothing to worry about, we are here to help you with this article having all the details related to error code 6073 and different methods to solve it. Due to this error users generally QuickBooks not opening the company files. To solve this error you can follow the steps mentioned in the article, or if you face any problem contact our customer support number toll-free: +1-844-405-0904 in order to get instant help for your issues.
The QuickBooks Enterprise 2018 version is loaded with some of the most advanced features. This is the reason why it is getting more and more famous these days. But still, the user has to face some common error messages while using it. In this article, we are discussing one such error message i.e QuickBooks Error Code 6073.
The general meaning of this error is that some other user is also opening or already opened the same company file using the single-user mode.
Causes of QuickBooks Error code 6073
- The file you are trying to open is already opened by someone else in a single-user mode.
- The company file you want to have access to is saved in the read-only mode or folder.
- The desired files are stored in Unix or Linux computer and you are using varied credentials in order to log in to access of your company files.
- The company file has been opened with the utilization of remote applications. Hence, your pc concludes that you are already logged in.
Solutions for QuickBooks Error Code 6073
Solution1: Run the QuickBooks File Doctor
QuickBooks File Doctor is a very useful tool to solve the common issues in QuickBooks. Resolve company file and network issues with QuickBooks File Doctor.
Solution 2: Manually resolve the error -6073, -99001
Go with the below steps, If your company file is open in Single User mode in another workstation
- First, you need to close QuickBooks Desktop on all your systems.
- Now, go to the Host computer and open the company file.
- Next, click on the File menu, and then click on the Switch to Multi-user mode.
- If still you are dealing with the same issue, reboot all your workstations.
Check out the below steps, If the company file is open in Single User mode on the Host computer.
- First, click on the File menu, and next go to the Close company.
- Now, again open the company file. And next, go to the File menu, and click on Open or Restore Company.
- Click on Open a company file, and then click on Next.
- Go to your company file.
- Click on Open file in multi-user mode, and next, select Open.
Go with the below steps, If your company file is situated in a read-only network folder
- First, go to the host computer, the same computer that is hosting your company file.
- Next, look for the folder wherever your company file is saved.
- When you find your folder, right-click on it and next click on Properties.
- Now, click on the Security tab.
- Click on the user that is having problems to log in, and then click on Edit.
- Checkmark on Allow for Full control.
- Them click on Apply, and then click on OK.
If in case your computer is being accessed remotely via LogMeIn, GoToMyPC, etc.then go with the below steps.
First, you need to run the Quick Fix my Program from the QuickBooks Tools Hub
- Go to the QuickBooks Tools Hub, click on Program Problems.
- Click on Quick Fix my Program.
- Launch your QuickBooks Desktop and open your data file.
Solution 3: The Network Data file is unavailable or corrupted
- First, go to the Start button and right-click on it, and launch Windows Explorer.
- Now, look for the folder with the QuickBooks company file.
- Now, go to the company file with Network Data and QB company file extension and right-click on it.
- Replace the file extension from to .ndold and hit on Enter.
- Next, again start QuickBooks and launch the company file.
- Now, QB will generate another Network data file for the company file
Solution 4: The network data files and transaction log files are usually labeled as the hidden files
- First, go to My Computer, and next click on the Tools menu and then go to the Folder options.
- Next, click on the View tab and choose Show hidden files & folders.
- After that, open the data folder to view the network data files and transaction log files.
- Go to the network data file and right-click on it and click on properties.
- Now, you need to delete the Hidden option and then click on Ok.
In most cases, the above-stated methods will surely resolve this error for you. However, if you are still not able to get rid of this error or facing any other issue related to QuickBooks, then you can talk to our intuit certified ProAdvisors at our toll-free number +1-844-405-0904. They will provide you instant help for your problem.
Thank you for visiting us. You are always welcome to visit us anytime soon if you have any questions.