Error Code 6073: QuickBooks Is Unable To Open Company File
- Last Updated on: October 16th, 2018
- Posted by: admin
- Category: QuickBooks Error
The QuickBooks Enterprise 2018 version is loaded with some of the most advanced features. This the reason why it is getting more and more famous these days. But still, user have to face some common error messages while using it. In this article, we are discussing one such error message i.e QuickBooks Error Code 6073.
Due to this error users generally not able to open the company files. To solve this error you can follow the steps mentioned below or dial our toll-free customer support number +1-855-441-4417 in order to get instant help for your issues.
Related article: How To Fix QuickBooks Error Code -6147, 0
The general meaning of this error is that some other user is also opening or already opened the same company file using the single user mode.
Causes of QuickBooks Error code 6073.
The dialog box of this error usually read as QuickBooks is not able to open the company file. There are a lot of possible reasons behind this error. We are listing some of the most common reasons:
- The file you are trying to open is already opened by someone else in single user mode.
- The company file you want to have access to is saved in the read-only mode or folder.
- The desired files are stored in Unix or Linux computer and you are using varied credentials in order to log in to the access of your company files.
- The company file has been opened with the utilization of remote application. Hence, your pc concludes that you are already logged in.
Related article: How to fix QuickBooks Error Code 20 – Printer not activated?
How to resolve Error Code 6073?
It is necessary to find out the exact reason behind this error in order to solve it. As it generally different in every case.
Sometimes, users have to switch to the multi-user mode and sometimes it is mandatory for the server admin to end the all opened QuickBooks session by using task manager.
If your company file is already opened by someone else you can follow the below steps.
- First of all close the QuickBooks software in each and every computer of your company.
- Try to get the access to the company file using the host computer.
- Select the multi-user mode from the file menu.
- Reboot the computer if you are still facing the issue.
Related article: QuickBooks Error: The Attempt to Log In With The Username Failed
You can also follow these steps to solve it.
- Tap on the close company from the file menu.
- Click on open and restore option in order to open the company file.
- Click Next.
- Use multi-user mode to open the file.
Related article: Fix -6000,-78 error while opening QuickBooks Company Files.
If your file is stored in read-only mode, then follow the below-mentioned step.
- Try and use your computer while hosting a company file.
- Choose the file from the folder.
- Right-click on this folder.
- Select the properties and security tab.
- Look for the user having a login issue, Tap on edit.
- Select allow option.
- Click Apply to save.
Related article: Resolve Data Damage on your QuickBooks Company File
If you are trying to get the access to the computer using any other software then you should follow the below-stated steps:
- Select the Task Manager from the bar.
- Go to process option tab, here you will find the present process related to the username…
- Restart your system to apply changes.
You can also use other software to solve this error.
This error can also be resolved using QuickBooks file doctor. It is software launched in 2012 by intuit that automatically detects the error and troubleshoot them from the company file.
Note: Always remember to download QuickBooks connection diagnostic tool from the trusted site only. You can also use built-in file doctor as well. This software works only for the United Kingdom and United States version of QuickBooks.
Use QuickBooks file doctor in the following situations only.
- Whenever the software shows H101 or H303 error code.
- When you can’t get access to the file and the error message is showing on your screen.
- When you have blank or missing customer and vendors list.
- The files which you are requesting are extremely damaged and there is no way to open them.
In most of the cases, the above-stated methods will surely resolve this error for you. However, if you are still not able to get rid of this error or facing any other issue related to QuickBooks, then you can talk to our intuit Certified proAdvisors at our toll-free number +1-855-441-4417. They will provide you instant help for your problem.
Thank you for visiting us. You are always welcome to visit us anytime soon if you have any questions.