Are you getting errors when you try to send an accountant’s copy with the file transfer service? It is related to the folder where the company file is stored.
Most people don’t understand why this error comes and how to solve this. Don’t worry about this, we will tell you how to solve this error.
If you need any kind of technical assistance, you can contact our team. Dial our toll-free number +1-855-441-4417 to get in touch with them.
- When do you get the error message when you try to send an accountant’s copy with the file transfer service
- Steps to Fix QuickBooks failed to create accountant’s copy
When do you get the error message when you try to send an accountant’s copy with the file transfer service
- QuickBooks Desktop needs to be updated.
- Getting into a long dash in MS Word and then copying it in your notes can reason this to happen. A protracted dash is created in Microsoft word by entering two single dashes between the 2 hyphenated words.
- QBW file is 200 MB or larger.
- The Internet connection is slow or your firewall settings may be interfering with the upload.
- Corrupt company files.
Related article: QuickBooks Unable To Connect To Remote Server
Steps to Fix QuickBooks failed to create accountant’s copy
First Solution: Remove any special characters if you have used in company filename.
Ensure there are no commas in:
- File name
- Company Name
Second Solution: Make sure you are using the updated version of QuickBooks
The Accountant File Transfer Service (ACFT) only works with QuickBooks Desktop 2017 (R14), 2018 (R12) or 2019 (R9), as well as QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise 17 (R14), 18 (R12) or 19 (R9).
If you are using an older version you will not be able to create an accountant copy when it just says fail with no explanation because they are not compatible with ACFT.
Third Solution: Compress or reduce your company size below 200 MB
If the QuickBooks Company file (QBW) size is greater than 200 MB you face problems sending your file to the Intuit Server.
There are two options:
Reduce the file size by creating a portable version of your company file that’s easy to move. This is a compact version of your company file that’s is easy to send.
The second option is to manually save and send the QBX/QBY without the Accountant File Transfer Service.
Fourth Solution: Company data file is damaged
Read these two articles to fix this problem
- Firstly, handle to the folder where the QuickBooks file is stored. After this, right-click on the file and select sharing and security as shown in the below pic.
- After select sharing and security, you see a new dialogue box as shown in the below pic. Select permission.
- Now select add Browse to find the current QB data service user. Sometimes it changes with every updated version. Before creating an accountant’s copy, give the account Change and Read permissions.
- After this try to create an accountant’s copy. Make sure that you don’t have the strange character in your file path. Only use letters in your company name, avoid characters.
Hope, these solutions help you to resolve the problem. If the problem still exists, you can dial our toll-free helpline +1-855-441-4417. We have a professional team to solve any error related to QuickBooks.