Are you getting errors when you try to send an accountant’s copy with the file transfer service? It is related to the folder where the company file is stored.
Most people don’t understand why this error comes and how to solve this. Don’t worry about this, we will tell you how to solve this error.
If you need any kind of technical assistance, you can contact our team. Dial our toll-free number +1-855-441-4417 to get in touch with them.
- Main Causes of QuickBooks Accountant’s Copy Failed
- Steps to Fix QuickBooks failed to create accountant’s copy
Main Causes of QuickBooks Accountant’s Copy Failed
- QuickBooks Desktop needs to be updated.
- Getting into a long dash in MS Word and then copying it in your notes can reason this to happen. A protracted dash is created in Microsoft word by entering two single dashes between the 2 hyphenated words.
- QBW file is 200 MB or larger.
- The Internet connection is slow or your firewall settings may be interfering with the upload.
- Corrupt company files.
Related article: QuickBooks Unable To Connect To Remote Server
Steps to Fix QuickBooks failed to create accountant’s copy
Solution 1: Make Sure That There Are No Special Characters In The Company Filename
In the first place, make sure that the company file name does not contain any special characters. In addition, confirm that there is no comma present in the company name and filename. If the “QuickBooks is unable to copy an accountant” issue still continues, proceed to the next solution.
Solution 2: Update QuickBooks To The Latest Release
Updating the QuickBooks application helps to increase the optimum performance of the application and also helps in resolving detailed technical glitz. To accomplish this, follow the steps below:
- Go to the Help menu, and click on Update QuickBooks Desktop
- Later, look for the Update Now tab and be sure to check-mark the box for Reset Update
- Click on Get Updates, and it will start the download process
- When the download is completed, restart your QuickBooks software
- Later, go with the on-screen instructions to install the new release
if the error persists, then move to the next troubleshooting procedure
Solution 3: Reduce Company File Size
In this process, you have to confirm that the size of the QuickBooks file should not increase by 200 MB or more. If this happens, try the steps below to reduce its size:
- Go to the QuickBooks company file and open it and later press F2 key on your keyboard to open the Product Information window
- If the size of your file is greater than 200 MB, you may attempt to or restore QuickBooks Desktop portable company file (*.qbm)
- Alternatively, you can try to manually save and send the QBX / QBY file instead of using the accountant file transfer service.
If the “QuickBooks Accountant Copy Failed” problem is still not solved, go to the next method to erase the problem.
Solution 4: Check If There Is A Long Dash In Your Notes
If your notes have a long dash, then you need to consider the following:
- You need to insert directly text in the notes to the clients without long dashes
- You can easily generate the text using Windows Text editor and paste it from there
- You can email the MS Word document to your customer with the converted file QBY.
- Try to avoid using the long dash in MS Word; However, a single dash is OK.
If the problem still persists, proceed to the next method.
Solution 5: Repair Damaged Data In Company File
If the accountant’s copy of the file error is caused by company file damage, you can restore a backup of the company file and replace the damaged file with it to resolve the error. After that, you can record the transactions that occurred after running the backup.
- Firstly, handle to the folder where the QuickBooks file is stored. After this, right-click on the file and select sharing and security as shown in the below pic.
- After select sharing and security, you see a new dialogue box as shown in the below pic. Select permission.
- Now select add Browse to find the current QB data service user. Sometimes it changes with every updated version. Before creating an accountant’s copy, give the account Change and Read permissions.
- After this try to create an accountant’s copy. Make sure that you don’t have a strange character in your file path. Only use letters in your company name, avoid characters.
Hope, these solutions help you to resolve the problem. If the problem still exists, you can dial our toll-free helpline +1-855-441-4417. We have a professional team to solve any error related to QuickBooks.