How To Fix Resolve QuickBooks Error 6177
- Last Updated on: October 16th, 2018
- Posted by: admin
- Category: QuickBooks Support
Welcome to my blog! We are here with a new article describing one of the common problems faced by users – QuickBooks Error 6177. Are you facing the same problem? No need to worry, you are at right place. As our Error Support team is always with you to fix the error codes and warning messages for you. You can call at QuickBooks support phone number+1-855-441-4417 to get professional help from our experts
Related Article: Fix Com Error Crashes – Step By Step Guide [QuickBooks Support]
What is QuickBooks Error 6177?
QuickBooks software program is one of the most famous accounting software programs. But, while it does no longer work well and showing any error, it seems like so difficult to deal with it.
QuickBooks Error 6177 shows a pop-up message when you are trying to access company file. It happens when a file is located on a server computer and we are trying to access this file locally. The reason behind these errors in this software is networking troubles, corrupted facts documents, going an old version of the software, installation failure of the software program, firewall problems, or anymore.
- QuickBooks Desktop doesn’t use the path to open the company file.
- Virus or malware effect QB file.
- Corrupt download or incomplete installation.
How to Fix QuickBooks Error 6177?
QuickBooks cannot recognize path for company file. Follow the given steps to resolve QuickBooks error 6177.
- Move a file on the local computer and then open a company file, if you are getting an error while opening the file then looks for portable company file.
- Remember to update your QuickBooks on the latest release.
- Adding windows firewall ports if it is not configured as for QuickBooks users there are some of the ports which need to be open.
- Turn off hosting if it’s on client computers.
- Create a new folder and try to access data file from that location, Move the folder to the local computer and try to access data.
- Folder which contains company file on server computer must have full access to a computer.
- Server computer which contains QuickBooks file must have full access to folders.
Solution – 2
You can download install and run QB file Doctor. This tool will detect and fix the error automatically.
Solution – 3
You can resolve this error manually without using QuickBooks file doctor. By simply following the steps mentioned below.
- First of all delete the network descriptor (.nd) file and from the computer having company file close the QB desktop.
- Then configure the QuickBooks Database Manager this will scan the company file.
- Check the access permission of company file in windows.
- If the full application is on the server then perform the below mentioned task. (Optional)
- Try Switching hosting off and on.
- Try to a open company file using a local path.
- Create a new folder and copy the company file to this new folder then reopen QB desktop and try to open company file from the newly created folder.
- Open the company file on the computer where the error message was appeared.
Technical help for Fixing of QuickBooks Error 6177
We are a QuickBooks Consulting and Technical Support Provider Company. Our technical support team is highly knowledgeable & expert in this field. They are experienced certified with an in-depth understanding of all error codes, problems & situations. Our team member is very much efficient and responsive towards the QuickBooks Error resolution so that our client don’t phase any problems.
However, if you are still facing any issue you can freely contact the Customer Support and get technical help from the customer support team. You can Contact QuickBooks 24*7, a support agency for QuickBooks and get advice from ProAdvisor or call us on QuickBooks Pro Customer Service Phone Number +1-855-441-4417