Most of the time we face QuickBooks printing problems when we do have not enough idea about the particular printer’s setup. And it can occur due to various reasons. In this article, we will make you clear why QuickBooks won’t open, types of printing issues, and how can you solve the issue, when the QuickBooks printer set up not opening in your Windows.
Read the following to know the types, reasons, and solutions to the printing issue;
Table of Contents
Types Of Printing Issues In QuickBooks
- QuickBooks Enterprise Unable to print.
If you are a QB Enterprise user and face a printing error, don’t worried about that time, In such situations QuickBooks support team should be contacted immediately because may lead to a more significant problem.
We already provide the solution above to fix the invoices-related issue you can follow the steps and solve the problem.
You can solve a problem by applying the above steps.
- QB printing problems Checks
If you face this problem that simply means your software needs to be updated.
- Printing problems in MAC.
If QB software is unable to print by MAC, you should contact QuickBooks technical support for MAC will require different sorts of troubleshooting for your better convenience.
- Intuit printer library error
Intuit QuickBooks printer library error is an error type, which mostly occurs when you did an improper set up in the printer.
Why QuickBooks Printer Problems Occurs
QuickBooks printing problems can occur because of different reasons. Here is a list of reasons, that will give your answer that, why these printing problems occur;
- Sometimes, the users try to print without turning on the printer.
- And most of the time, the users also try to print without having paper in the printer tray.
- You will also face the problem if the printer is on offline mode.
- Improper installation of the printer can create printing problems in QuickBooks.
- Make sure that, the default setting of the printer remains the same. If the setting will not proper then there is a big chance of printing problems.
- It allows the system administrator to do printing, so make sure that you are using the system with the administrator id, and password.
- The improper reinstallation of QuickBooks is one of the main reasons for the problem.
How To Fix QuickBooks Printing Problems
Before performing any steps update your QuickBooks to the latest release and check your computer is connected to the printer or not.
Solution-1: Check The Printer Outside QuickBooks
- First, open the Microsoft Word or Notepad.
- Enter type any text in and later go to the Open-File Menu and click on it.
- Meantime, print on the default printer or go to the drop-down menu, click on a different one. There is no problem with the printer driver if it prints the text confirms, if not, then proceed t step 2.
Solution-2: Fixing The Printer Issues
- First, you need to shut down the computer and also your printer.
- Be sure that you have paper correctly placed in the tray and also check once there is no paper Jam.
- Also, check the interface cables are tightly connected (To check unplug and re-plug them again from the both computer and the printer side).
- Now, you need to turn on the computer and the printer back on.
- Later, go to the Windows Control Panel and click on Printer
- Make sure, your printer is online by right-clicking and click on the Use Printer Online.
- Discard the existing print queue by double-clicking the respective printer.
- After this, print a Windows Test Page, if get the test print right then the printer and computer are ok.
If in case your Test Page doesn’t print
- First, connect your computer to a different computer
- Now, you need to download and install the updated printer driver from the printer maker’s official website.
- Later, try to connect your printer to another computer and monitor if it is working fine.
- If still you are facing an error, then contact your printer maker support.
If the printer operates fine outside QuickBooks, try Step-3 for troubleshooting QuickBooks Printing Problems.
Solution-3: Using QuickBooks Print And Repair Tool
Using QuickBooks Print and PDF Repair tool can fix various printing issues. Try printing again, after you run the Print and PDF Repair Tool. On the other hand, you can try manual changes with the steps mentioned below.
- Find QBPrint.qbp file on the computer on which you are facing the troubled printing with QuickBooks.
- The file needs to be manually renamed by prefixing any word that you like.
- If you are using Windows 7, 8, 8.1, or 10 then you will find the file location is C:\ProgramData\Intuit\QuickBooks 2XXX.
- Moreover, if you are not capable to locate the file, it is important to unhide the hidden files and folders.
- Go to the QBprint.qbp and click on it and rename it.
- Now, open the QuickBooks and the company file, a new qbprint.qbp is created automatically
- Open a transaction that you had problems creating PDFs in QuickBooks or have problems printing with QuickBooks to check that it works fine.
- If there was a problem with your company file, you can try printing from the QuickBooks sample company file to confirm it.
Solution 4: Make A Test Print Of Any Page In QuickBooks
We can make a test print of a page in QuickBooks to troubleshoot the printing problem, by following the below procedure;
- First of all, turn off the printer.
- And restart the computer, and again turn on the printer.
- Open the control panel, and double click on the ‘Printer and Faxes’ option.
- Check the status of the printer.
- If it is offline then right-click on the printer, and select the use Printer Online’ option.
- After that, double click on the printer, and choose a print job.
- Then select on the printer’ option.
- Cancel all documents, and close the Windows.
- Now right-click on the printer, and select the Properties’ option.
- And at last click on the ‘Print Test page’ option.
Solution 5: Check the Status & Network of the Printer
First of all check, the printer is local or network.
- Network: If your printer is on network then, verify the network setting, and refer to the IT expert of the printer manufacturer to troubleshoot the issue.
- Local: If your printer is on local then, the problem may be in your system. Check the connection betweeen your system, and the printer. If averything is ok, and still you having he problem then you must take help of the expert of the manufacturer of the printer.
After that, monitor the status of the printer
- If the status set is on then, change the setting of the staus monitor, to make it appear only during any error.
- If the status set is off then, you need to concult with the technical experts.
It’s all about the QuickBooks printing issue. Still, if you are finding any problem to solve this issue then can take support from the certified QuickBooks experts for the permanent solution through the number +1-844-405-0904.