QuickBooks is the most popular accounting software designed by Intuit for small and medium-sized businesses. There are lots of advanced features available in QuickBooks because Intuit upgrades this software every year. As you know that you can access QuickBooks Online from anywhere. And also you can give the print commands from the software itself easily, But sometimes we face some QuickBooks printing problems, do not worried about it.
There are a number of users who are looking for a solution to QuickBooks printing problems. This blog describes how to determine if a QuickBooks printing problem is occurring in your Windows and provides solution steps for common printing issues. If you have queries you can contact our QuickBooks Error Support, the team.
Causes of the error:
- The printer is turned off.
- The printer paper tray is empty.
- Your printer is offline or Printer not activated.
- Or Printer is not installed correctly.
- The default printer was changed.
- Not logged in as the system administrator.
- QuickBooks reinstallation was not done correctly.
Types of Printing Issues
- QuickBooks Enterprise Unable to print.
If you are QB Enterprise user and face the printing error, don’t worried about that time, In such situations QuickBooks support team should be contacted immediately because may lead to a more significant problem.
We already provide the solution above to fix the invoices related issue you can follow the steps and solve the problem.
- QuickBooks 1099 form printing problems
You can solve a problem by applying the above steps.
- QB printing problems Checks
If you face this problem that simply means your software needs to be updated.
- Printing problems in MAC.
If QB software unable to print by MAC, you should contact QuickBooks technical support for MAC will require different sorts of troubleshooting for your better convenience.
Quick Steps to Resolve QuickBooks Printing Problems
Before performing any steps update your QuickBooks to the latest release and check your computer is connected to the printer or not.
STEP-1: Check the Printer outside QuickBooks
- First, open the Microsoft Word or Notepad.
- Enter type any text in and later go to the Open-File Menu and click on it.
- Meantime, print on the default printer or go to the drop-down menu, click on a different one. There is no problem with the printer driver if it prints the text confirms, if not, then proceed t step 2.
STEP-2: Fixing the Printer Issues
- First, you need to shut down the computer and also your printer.
- Be sure that you have paper correctly placed in the tray and also check once there is no paper Jam.
- Also, check the interface cables are tightly connected (To check unplug and re-plug them again from the both computer and the printer side).
- Now, you need to turn on the computer and the printer back on.
- Later, go to the Windows Control Panel and click on Printer
- Make sure, your printer is online by right-clicking and click on the Use Printer Online.
- Discard the existing print queue by double-clicking the respective printer.
- After this, print a Windows Test Page, if get the test print right then the printer and computer are ok.
If in case your Test Page doesn’t print
- First, connect your computer to a different computer
- Now, you need to download and install the updated printer driver from the printer maker’s official website.
- Later, try to connect your printer to another computer and monitor if it is working fine.
- If still you are facing an error, then contact your printer maker support.
If the printer operates fine outside QuickBooks, try Step-3 for troubleshooting QuickBooks Printing Problems.
STEP-3: Using QuickBooks Print and Repair Tool
Using QuickBooks Print and PDF Repair Tool can fix various printing issues. Try printing again, after you run the Print and PDF Repair Tool. On the other hand, you can try manual changes with the steps mentioned below.
- Find QBPrint.qbp file on the computer on which you are facing the troubled printing with QuickBooks.
- The file needs to be manually renamed by prefixing any word that you like.
- If you are using Windows 7, 8, 8.1, or 10 then you will find the file location is C:\ProgramData\Intuit\QuickBooks 2XXX.
- Moreover, if you are not capable to locate the file, it is important to unhide the hidden files and folders.
- Go to the QBprint.qbp and click on it and rename it.
- Now, open the QuickBooks and the company file, a new qbprint.qbp is created automatically
- Open a transaction that you had problems creating PDFs in QuickBooks or have problems printing with QuickBooks to check that it works fine.
- If there was a problem with your company file, you can try printing from the QuickBooks sample company file to confirm it.
Related Blog: QuickBooks 2018 Desktop: Invoice Past Due Stamp
How To Check Printer Detail of Printer Setup in QuickBooks Desktop
Firstly verify that the default printer setup is selected or not:
- Choose File> Printer Setup( From the menu bar in QuickBooks Desktop)
- Verify and select the right printer for each particular Form Name.
Check the name of the printer on the hardware and check it match the driver info in the printer setup window or not?
Verify that the precise name of the printer hardware is listed in Setup:
- Choose File > Printer Setup
- Now, Verify the printer name. If incorrect, Correct the setup within your computer’s Printer Setup first.
Is the Printer on a Network or local?
- Network, validate network settings are set up correctly.
- Local, the problem may be on your computer. Validate there is a connection between the printer and the computer.
Do you have another driver installed on the computer?
- Use one of the different drivers to try to print
- If you need help to know how to use other drivers, contact the printer manufacturer support team. Also, you can dial our QuickBooks Support team.
If your issues persist, you should call our QuickBooks Help Number +1-844-541-8444. We are always ready to solve users issues and problems. Feel free to call us and get an instant solution.