QuickBooks enterprise installation guide is for those users who are installing it for the first time or upgrading from any other versions of QB. Be careful that this tutorial is only for skilled system administrators who knows how to install and configure the enterprise software. If you are a newbie and not understand company’s financial needs very well.
You should not try to perform it own. In that case, you can ask our QuickBooks Enterprise technical support expert to handle this all for you.
QuickBooks Enterprise Install and Setup – Getting Started Guide
Now we will tell you how to install and setup step by step. Read and follow the steps very carefully.
- Prep and test your network
- Install enterprise
- Set up multi-user hosting
- Configure QB Enterprise to your business
Step 1 :
For the installation of this, you should have knowledge of some important things like- Networking, File Sharing, Permission. Before installation, you should backup your records from your previous accounting system.
You can set up your network by too many options. Here we will describe three options for you.
Central Server Option
In the central server, the QuickBooks database manager is installed. The database manager also stores the company files.
Peer to Peer Option
QuickBooks Enterprise is installed on every workstation. In Peer to Peer Option, one station stores the company file and others access the files on the network.
Remote Desktop Services Option
In remote desktop service option, the enterprise is installed on a central server. It is different to others, here enterprise is not installed in workstations. Remote Desktop Service access the application and the company file. If you find any error in setup, you can contact our supporting team “ QuickBooks Error Support” or call at +1 855 441 4417
Most important thing is that install the same version of enterprise on all PC. For install enterprise software on server follow the below instruction-
- Firstly close all running(including anti-virus) program.
- Click on the downloaded file.
- After this, follow the screen instructions until you find the choose installation type window.
- After this, you will see three options to choose. You can choose what you want.
- Just follow the screen prompts until installation is complete.
After installation, you need to configure the QB database server manager. After configuration, you can access the company file stored on the server.
In a multi-user hosting, only one PC can host multi-user access. There is no need to enable multi-user hosting on the server if you have just installed QB database server manager.
- In Peer to Peer option, multi-user hosting is ON in server and OFF in workstation.
- Remote desktop server, multi-user hosting is On in server and not applicable on the workstation.
- The Central server, multi-user hosting is ON in server and OFF in workstation.
Check that multi-user hosting is enabled on the server :
- Open QB desktop enterprise on the server.
- Go to file and click Utilities.
- Check that Stop Hosting Multi- Access displayed in the Utilities.
If it’s displayes you will need to follow the steps below
- Click on Host Multi-Access.
- Then, click on Yes when asked to confirm starting multi-user access.
- When asked to close and reopen the company file, Click Yes.
QuickBooks setup is very easy, just follow the onscreen command and click on Start Working button.
Quick Start Center– It is used to creating invoices, bills and checks, sales receipts etc. With the help of this, you can also view customer and vendor account balance.
Review your Chart of Accounts– QuickBooks created a chart of accounts based on your business during the setup process. Now should review it and check it. After checking, you can easily edit what you want.
Payroll– If you subscribe this service, you have to add a year to date payroll information. If you have not then, your payroll tax information may not accurate.
Backup your company file– The best service of backup company file is online service. This service is a part of the active subscription. It works very safely.
If you want more help about this you can contact our supporting team Quickbooks Enterprise Support Number “+1 855 441 4417″.
You can find additional details here.