Are you facing problem to set up QuickBooks email service on your QB desktop? You can set up QuickBooks email service on QuickBooks Desktop. And also send an invoice, send and receive reports and other transactions to your QuickBooks desktop using your preferred email id either by outlook or webmail.
Here in this blog, we are going to discuss this topic and provide you a step by step guide to set up an email service on QuickBooks Desktop. if you need any further information, contact us at our QuickBooks technical support number +1-855-441-4417.
Set up QuickBooks Email Service on QuickBooks Desktop
Before proceeding, you have to set up your Outlook profile
Note: If you already have an account in Outlook profile, then you can proceed to the next step.
A quick tip: You may need to contact your ISP (Internet Service Provider) for this following this information
Steps to set up QuickBooks email invoices in Outlook and webmail
For this process create an Outlook email profile.
- Firstly, you set up Outlook in QuickBooks:
- Incoming mail server address.
- Outgoing mail server address.
- Incoming email server type.
QuickBooks will not accept your webmail password
You are login to the QuickBooks desktop. Then you receive the message that your password is incorrect when sending email through Quickbooks Desktop and set up your password in the webmail account.
QuickBooks tip: See outlook is missing in Quickbooks Desktop Send Forms preferences If outlook is not available in your QuickBooks.
- Firstly Quickbooks Edit menu.
- Click on Preferences.
- Then Select Forms.
- Select Outlook and click OK.
QB 2018: Provide for Gmail and Hotmail/ Lives users in the US, UK, and Canada.
QuickBooks 2017 R5 and newer: Provides for Gmail users for us only.
QuickBooks 2017 older and R4 version: Secure Webmail not available.
Note: If you add Secure Webmail to your QB company file, you need to required to set up a strong password for your file.
Steps to set up email service in WebMail
- Connect with Secure Webmail
- In the new version of QuickBooks Edit menu, select Preferences and then click Send Forms.
- Select the WebMail and then Click Add.
- Enter your email address.
- In checkbox, use enhance the security checkbox.
- Click OK.
- After the web page provider login page will display.
- Sign in to this Login Page.
- Choose to grant Intuit access.
Note: In hosted environments such as right network, you may still be asked to sign into your webmail provider when you send emails QuickBooks even if you fuse secure webmail.
Webmail servers and port settings are determined by ISP. Quickbooks can automatically fill out information for some of the most common providers, such as Gmail, Yahoo, etc.
If you use a different email then you can choose your own email in different emails. But it is highly recommended to variety this information with your ISP before setting up webmail in QuickBooks desktop.
- Firstly QuickBooks Edit menu, select Preferences and Send Forms.
- Select WebMail and click Add.
- Fill the account information to log in.
- Click OK to save the changes.
You may also like:
If you do not like the Secure webmail, Quickbooks desktop will prompt you to enter your WebMail password the first time you send an email regular webmail.
If QuickBooks will not accept your webmail password.
For Cox users: The standard SMTP doesn’t work with QuickBooks. You can use SSL with port 587 and 465.
For CableOne Users: You should follow the above steps since cable one using google servers.
Email Address: Your Email
Email Provider: Gmail
Port: 587 or 465