Want to fix error code 6147 -0 when restoring company files over the network? Here we are with an article to aid you, This QuickBooks error code 6147 is one of the -6000 series errors when QuickBooks won’t restore a backup from your local computer. Read the full article and get different methods to resolve this issue and also learn the causes behind this error. go through the complete article, find several solutions to this issue, and get the error resolved. Still, having an issue contact our QuickBooks Proadvisor toll-free: +1-844-405-0904
QuickBooks error 6147, 0 occurs when you are trying to restore your company file over a network. As you all know, QuickBooks is the most famous accounting software for small and medium-sized businesses. But you have well known this software thing, like any other software, you may face some error while using it.
Causes of QuickBooks Error 6147
Here are the main causes of QuickBooks Error 6147. Check out the below steps
- It may cause when restoring backup files from an external drive or a network drive.
- Maybe due to damaged and corrupted .ND or.TLG extensions.
- Corrupted .QBW file
- Wrong folder permission to the folder, where you keep your QuickBooks company file.
- The QuickBooks company file is opened by a mapped drive that may have been destroyed or no longer exists.
Signs of QuickBooks Error 6147
- When you are getting this error QuickBooks Error code 6147 0, you will not be capable to get into your company file.
- You will not be able to restore the backup file.
How To Fix QuickBooks Error 6147, –
When you are facing Error 6147, -0, then first you need to check the release of your QuickBooks software or check your software is updated or not. Another method requires you to install and then run the QuickBooks File Doctor tool to diagnose company file errors or any network problems.
Solution 1: Save your Copy of a backup file into a local computer
- First, go to the QB file main File menu and next, click on Utilities. Here you have to look for the option host with a multi-user mode to access, then click on the Yes option and next window, also choose yes. Now, here you will get a popup for a Company file that is closed. Go to the Yes option as again.
- Next, you need to restore and keep an extra backup file from your local backup.
- Make sure that your company files path link should be 210 characters long, not more than that limit, if in case, the changes of a company file are placed. Then try to import it and connect and send your file through the QB data service team.
Solution 2: Trend Micro Antivirus security for your System/Laptop
- First, go to the Antivirus settings.
- Then Select to ignore the track or can say the path option.
- Now overlook the main company file folder from it.
- Next, you have to press and hold the Ctrl key on your keyboard. and at the same time open your QuickBooks software. To know where your data file is placed on your computer.
- Now, initiate your QuickBooks software without initiating any company data file.
- Next, on your keyboard, press, and hold the F2 key button. This will show the pop-up where you can view your product specifications also the location of a company file folder path.
- If these above steps not works for you and you are dealing with the same error yet, then we recommend you to consult your Antivirus Service Provider or Your Antivirus Support Team.
Solution 3: Run the rebuild utility tool
The verify and rebuild utility tool very helpful to fix this error, check out the below steps how to run this tool.
- First, go to the main file menu, and look for the utilities and click on it.
- Next, go to rebuild the data.
- If you get an instant backup pop-up on your screen to take company file data, then click on the OK.
- When your PC shows the message that QuickBooks is not responding. Then click on Ok and proceed to the utility tool to run.
Solution 4: Trend Micro Active Scan
Run the Trend Micro Active Scan. You need to set alongside the folder where the company file saved. Check out the below steps to do this:
- First, look for the company’s file location
- Next, press and hold Ctrl and next give a double-click on QuickBooks and open it but make sure, do not disturb the company’s file.
- The company’s file must be on the top. Next, go to the list of the files, and click on the company file.
- Now, the file list will open on your screen which will represent the location of the file.
- Next, you need to go to the scan settings of the Trend Micro active scan. You need to correctly click on the folder and have to add it to the exception.
Solution 5: Repair .ND and .TLG file
In this solution, you need to rename the .ND and .TLG file. The .ND and .TLG files are the configuration files of QuickBooks that enable company file to work in a network or in a multi-user mode.
Below are the steps to rename the file you require to follow these steps
- Open the folder that contains your company file.
- Find the files with the same file name as your company files but with extensions .ND and .TLG.
- Right-click each file and select Rename. Add the word OLD at the end of each file name. Ex: company_file.qbw.nd.OLD
- Now open your QuickBooks again and try to sign in to your company file. If you face the same error, move to the next solution.
Solution 6: Rename the ADR file as a QuickBooks Working file
In this solution, you need to Rename the .ADR file to resolve the QuickBooks Error 6147. To do this, check out the below step.
- First, go to the folder, where you saved your QuickBooks company file.
- Now, look for the QuickBooks.ADR folder
- Next, open the QuickBooks .ADR folder and find the recent ADR file
- Now, give a right-click on the current on that file and click on rename and rename the file to .qbw.
After reading this article, I hope, now you are able to resolve this error on your own. Because this article will help you open the company file in QuickBooks
If you have any other issue or still unable to fix this QuickBooks error -6147,0. You can talk to our QuickBooks experts at our toll-free QuickBooks Error support number +1-844-405-0904.
I look forward to hearing from you again. You are always welcome to visit us anytime soon if you have any questions.