Want to fix error code 6147 -0 when restoring company files over the network? Here we are with an article to aid you, This QuickBooks error code 6147 is one of the -6000 series errors when QuickBooks won’t restore a backup from your local computer. Read the full article and get different methods to resolve this issue and also learn the causes behind this error. go through the complete article, find several solutions to this issue, and get the error resolved. Still, having an issue contact our QuickBooks Proadvisor toll-free: +1-844-405-0904
QuickBooks error 6147, 0 occurs when you are trying to restore your company file over a network. As you all know, QuickBooks is the most famous accounting software for small and medium-sized businesses. But you have well known this software thing, like any other software, you may face some error while using it.
Table of Contents
Causes of QuickBooks Error 6147
Here are the main causes of QuickBooks Error 6147. Check out the below steps
- It may cause when restoring backup files from an external drive or a network drive.
- Maybe due to damage and corrupted .ND or.TLG extensions.
- Corrupted .QBW file
- Wrong folder permission to the folder, where you keep your QuickBooks company file.
- The QuickBooks company file is opened by a mapped drive that may have been destroyed or no longer exists.
Signs of QuickBooks Error 6147
- When you are getting this error QuickBooks Error code 6147 0, you will not be capable to get into your company file.
- You will not be able to restore the backup file.
- If your system shut down automatically.
- If your active program window crashes down frequently.
How To Fix QuickBooks Error 6147, -0
When you are facing Error 6147, -0, then first you need to check the release of your QuickBooks software or check your software is updated or not. Another method requires you to install and then run the QuickBooks File Doctor tool to diagnose company file errors or any network problems.
Solution 1: Save your Copy of a backup file into a local computer
- First, go to the QB file main File menu and next, click on Utilities. Here you have to look for the option host with a multi-user mode to access, then click on the Yes option and next window, also choose yes. Now, here you will get a popup for a Company file that is closed. Go to the Yes option as again.
- Next, you need to restore and keep an extra backup file from your local backup.
- Make sure that your company files path link should be 210 characters long, not more than that limit, if in case, the changes of a company file are placed. Then try to import it and connect and send your file through the QB data service team.
Solution 2: Trend Micro Antivirus security for your System/Laptop
- First, go to the Antivirus settings.
- Then Select to ignore the track or say the path option.
- Now overlook the main company file folder from it.
- Next, you have to press and hold the Ctrl key on your keyboard. and at the same time open your QuickBooks software. To know where your data file is placed on your computer.
- Now, initiate your QuickBooks software without initiating any company data file.
- Next, on your keyboard, press, and hold the F2 key button. This will show the pop-up where you can view your product specifications also the location of a company file folder path.
- If these above steps do not work for you and you are dealing with the same error yet, then we recommend you to consult your Antivirus Service Provider or Your Antivirus Support Team.
Solution 3: Run the rebuild utility tool
The verify and rebuild utility tool is very helpful to fix this error, check out the below steps how to run this tool.
- First, go to the main file menu, look for the utilities, and click on it.
- Next, go to rebuild the data.
- If you get an instant backup pop-up on your screen to take company file data, then click on the OK.
- When your PC shows the message that QuickBooks is not responding. Then click on Ok and proceed to the utility tool to run.
Solution 4: Trend Micro Active Scan
Run the Trend Micro Active Scan. You need to set it alongside the folder where the company file is saved. Check out the below steps to do this:
- First, look for the company’s file location
- Next, press and hold Ctrl and give double-click on QuickBooks, and open it but make sure not to disturb the company’s file.
- The company’s file must be on the top. Next, go to the list of files, and click on the company file.
- Now, the file list will open on your screen which will represent the location of the file.
- Next, you need to go to the scan settings of the Trend Micro active scan. You need to correctly click on the folder and have to add it to the exception.
Solution 5: Repair .ND and .TLG file
In this solution, you need to rename the .ND and .TLG file. The .ND and .TLG files are the configuration files of QuickBooks that enable company file to work in a network or in a multi-user mode.
Below are the steps to rename the file you require to follow these steps
- Open the folder that contains your company file.
- Find the files with the same file name as your company files but with extensions .ND and .TLG.
- Right-click each file and select Rename. Add the word OLD at the end of each file name. Ex: company_file.qbw.nd.OLD
- Now open your QuickBooks again and try to sign in to your company file. If you face the same error, move to the next solution.
Solution 6: Rename the ADR file as a QuickBooks Working file
In this solution, you need to Rename the .ADR file to resolve the QuickBooks Error 6147. To do this, check out the below step.
- First, go to the folder, where you saved your QuickBooks company file.
- Now, look for the QuickBooks.ADR folder
- Next, open the QuickBooks.ADR folder and find the recent ADR file
- Now, right-click on the current on that file and click on rename and rename the file to .qbw.
Solution 7: Close all QuickBooks processes
- First, the user needs to log in as an Administrator.
- Then press ctrl + shift + Esc together.
- Then select the Users tab that shows the processes of all the users.
- After that, highlight each of the QuickBooks processes:
- and QBDBMgr.exe
- Then next select End Task.
- Now open the company file in multi-user mode to end the process.
Solution 8: Use QuickBooks Install Diagnostic tool
To fix the damaged company file you can use the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic tool which can be downloaded directly or used from the QuickBooks Tools Hub program. For this, follow the given steps:
- Close your QuickBooks desktop software.
- After that download the latest version of the QuickBooks Tool Hub (22.214.171.124).
- After downloading Quickbookstoolhub.exe open it and then follow the onscreen instructions.
- Now you have installed the QuickBooks tool hub recent version just click on the icon to open it.
- After that select installation issue in the tool hub.
- Then click on the QuickBooks install diagnostic tool which takes few minutes to complete the process.
- Now after completing the search you need to restart the system.
Solution 9: Run QuickBooks File Doctor
QuickBooks file doctor is important tool that helps in fixing errors automatically. So if this is not installed then download it and install in your system. Follow the steps to how to use QuickBooks File Doctor.
- First, download the QuickBooks tool hub from the Intuit official website.
- Now install .exe file on your system.
- After that, run the QuickBooks tool hub on your server system.
- Next, you have to click on the company file issue which is left side of the screen.
- Then you can see Run QuickBooks File Doctor, just click on it.
- Now file doctor start their procedure automatically.
- After that, follow the onscreen instructions to resolve the Company file issue.
- Wait for few minutes till the process is complete then check whether the error is solved or not.
Solution 10: Access the Rebuild Utility
- Go to the file menu.
- Choose Utilities tab.
- Now select rebuild data option.
- If the user receives a prompt to backup the company file then next action is to select the OK tab.
- You must select the OK tab if the program displays the message “QuickBooks is not responding.”
After reading this article, I hope, you are now able to resolve this error on your own. This article will help you open the company file in QuickBooks
If you have any other issues or are still unable to fix this QuickBooks error -6147,0. You can talk to our QuickBooks experts at our toll-free QuickBooks Error support number +1-844-405-0904.
I look forward to hearing from you again. You are always welcome to visit us anytime soon if you have any questions.