QuickBooks Hosting is also known by the name of QuickBooks Cloud or Hosted QuickBooks. It refers to the installation of the QuickBooks Desktop Edition on a network server hosted on the Internet to allow access through a web browser from any location. Simply put, data and files in Hosted QuickBooks can be accessed anywhere, anytime, without being installed on any local machine, by an authenticated user. The article covers the detailed working and the process you need to perform, go through the article to learn QuickBooks cloud hosting working. For More Info. contact us on:+1-844-401-1232
Businesses who use different versions of QuickBooks Desktop such as Enterprise, Pro, Accountant, Premier installed onto their local machine, usually cope up with lots of challenges, difficulties, failures, and inconsistencies in work. And due to sticking to only a specific device on which the QuickBooks Desktop is installed to start and resume our accounting tasks, it leads sometimes us to experience the unexpected and various kinds of limitations and restrictions that include IT headache, lack of information, manual re-entry, corruption of required company files of QuickBooks Desktop, hardware failure, speed, and so on.
But today the time has been changed completely as the QuickBooks Cloud Hosting or cloud-based technology has brought down the need for QuickBooks Desktop for many businesses, so we will discuss how do QuickBooks Cloud Hosting Works?. And certainly, there are billions of businesses all over the world who have taken the subscription of Quickbooks cloud hosting services from Intuit certified providers and they are now on the way to increase the productivity of the business. And the businesses with QuickBooks cloud hosting packages have perfectly been able to carry out their accounting operations and managerial activities smoothly and effectively with lots of cloud accounting features and functionalities from the remote access anytime and any device.
But the question always raises what does QuickBooks Cloud hosting exactly means and how QuickBooks Cloud Hosting works to help businesses to achieve business goals and results? Therefore, we have organized and designed this piece of information specifically for you to get a better understanding of QuickBooks Cloud Hosting and how does it function?
How Do QuickBooks Cloud Hosting Works?
Here are the steps how QuickBooks cloud hosting works:
- Authorized images of QuickBooks are installed on the server of a service provider.
- The QuickBooks user is granted access to the server through the Internet with several configurations.
- Accurate security steps are installed in order to guard the application.
- Connectivity between the end-user device and the server is performed using the Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) that can be installed to log in as the authorized user.
- The server is optimized to work on different operating systems/platforms (Windows, iOS, MacOS, Android, etc.) from any device (smartphone, tablet, desktop, etc.).
- The user can access and work on QuickBooks through a web browser (such as Chrome, IE, Firefox, etc.) or RDP shortcuts. The rest of the UI, features, and other functions are the same as the QB desktop.
- All changes made on hosted QuickBooks are automatically saved and will be visible to all authorized users.
How Does QuickBooks Cloud Hosting Works Well For Your Business?
The below-mentioned points will help you understand the entire functioning of how QuickBooks Cloud Hosting works so that you would be able to make a better decision and choose better plans regarding pricing and features while searching the best Quickbooks Cloud Hosting solution provider.
- First of all, when you purchase the QuickBooks Cloud Hosting solution then all required and important licensed copies of QuickBooks enterprise are installed and configured on the server of a cloud service provider. And that installed files on the server will be accessible to you with a strong and protected environment.
- After that, the businesses who buy cloud hosting are provided access to the server over the Internet with certain configurations:
- Proper security steps are deployed to secure the application
with the help of using the remote desktop protocol, the Connectivity between the end-user device and the server is accomplished.
- The server is customized in that way so that it can be accessed from any device you have such as PCs, desktop, smartphone, tablets, desktop, etc. the QuickBooks Cloud hosting is compatible with different Operating Systems or platforms such as Windows, iOS, macOS, Android, etc.
- And once the server is customized, you can access and work on QuickBooks by just launching you a web browser like google chrome, IE, Firefox, etc. or RDP shortcut. The rest of the features and functionalities of QuickBooks Desktop are quite the same and easy-to-operate.
- All the changes made on hosted QuickBooks are saved and sync automatically and will be accessible to all authorized users.
Let’s discuss in more details as well
For configuring and installing QuickBooks Desktop in the cloud, you need the third-party servers or hosting solutions provider to host QuickBooks Desktop of your choice that comes in various versions such as QuickBooks Premier, QuickBooks Pro, QuickBooks Enterprise, QuickBooks POS(point of sale), or QuickBooks Accountant in the servers. For installing or hosting QuickBooks Desktop, you will have to purchase a plan that includes services, features, and benefits from the provider. The amount of money you pay usually based on the number of users will access the QB in the cloud, resources of the servers you want, and other such factors that are a must for the betterment of your business.
After buying the QuickBooks Cloud Hosting, the administrator of the QB account has privileges or special rights to authorize users, clients, partners, workers and allow them to access the same QuickBooks files or data in the server. If you are the admin of the QB account you can easily permit and disallows the users or clients to access the QB cloud. You can anytime change and give permission to the users and be authorized to use QuickBooks in the Cloud. The access to the hosted QuickBooks is secured using the login credential authentications.
And once you become an authorized user who can now access the hosted QuickBooks, you can remotely access and work on QuickBooks data in the cloud by launching a web browser on your local device. But make sure you have a secure and robust internet connection. As the stable internet connection allows real-time access to QuickBooks for multiple users and that too on the different devices and OS. And the access can be done from anywhere, anytime. In QuickBooks Cloud Hosting, you do not have to worry about the failure of your local machine on which QuickBooks Desktop is installed as your business accounting data will completely remain safe and secured on the hosting provider server.
There is a certified experience is required to operate QuickBooks in the cloud as the features and functionalities you are given of hosted QuickBooks are mostly similar to the QuickBooks desktop version, and switching QB Desktop to QB Cloud will not disturb your experience and help you increase and enhances accessibility and productivity of the business.
Versions Supported for QuickBooks Hosting
The following versions are supported in QuickBooks Hosting
Most leading hosting providers are able to host all versions of QuickBooks Desktop, including QuickBooks Pro, Premier, Enterprise, and Accountant. Various country-specific versions released from QuickBooks 2005 through QuickBooks 2020 are compatible with the server setup of hosting providers.
How QuickBooks Cloud Hosting Is Much Better, Secure, Available Than QuickBooks Desktop?
QuickBooks accounting package is one such tool that automates and simplifies complex and lengthy accounting problems in seconds. And for years, the accounting tool developed by Intuit continues to assist different sizes and types of businesses across the globe with its rapidly updated features and functionalities.
In spite of all these features and functionalities which facilitate fast accounting activities, and if we talk about QuickBooks Desktop then certainly it has some limitations which sometimes make us disappointed.
As the QuickBooks Desktop install on the local machine or computer system and restricts your business activities due to some obstacles such as hardware crash, QuickBooks Desktop company data, or files corruption or damaging, when QB taking long to load, and so on. Let’s look at some limitations of Quickbooks Desktop
QuickBooks Desktop Limitations
- In QuickBooks Desktop there are few users who can access the QB data and files
- QuickBooks Desktop has no remote access to your business accounting data and you are dependent on only a specific device on which you have installed QuickBooks.
- All your confidential data and Quickbooks company data stored only on your local device. And when the hardware crash you may all your data as there is no backup facility given in QuickBooks Desktop
- Resource limitations of the local device
- In QuickBooks Desktop you on your own manage the entire tasks of your business and if you find any error or malfunction, you can just contact customer care number but that is all not more than that. And there is no real-time collaboration and communication with teams, clients, workers, employees to establish planning and strategies for the development of your business
- Sharing and exchanging data and files is inconvenient as here you have to follow unavoidable steps in the right manner
- No automation for updating QB account as also here you have to follow a set of procedure
- Lack of automation with data entry
But as we have discussed earlier that QuickBooks By Intuit keeps going on to introduce new features and options that make operating and managing business easy, Quickbooks also help you to grow your business by taking your business from a specific device and location to a cloud-based platform where there is no hardware failure, no damaging of QB company files, no longer to wait for QB loading. The secure and protected environment you are given in QuickBooks Cloud Hosting so that you can confidently and straightforwardly carry out your numerous accounting and business tasks.
Most of the limitations mentioned above about QuickBooks Desktop can be less risky and harmful for your business by using QuickBooks Cloud Hosting technology which you buy from third-party hosting providers. Here you get all the cloud benefits and features that actually work very well for your business. Let’s look at some of the features and advantages of QuickBooks Cloud Hosting.
QuickBooks Cloud Hosting Features
- You and along with your clients, team members, workers can connect, communicate with each other and access the same QuickBooks data and file in real-time as QuickBooks hosted allows multiple user access to make accounting procedures interesting and attractive.
- Real-time change tracking
- With just simple option you can share and transfer your required files and data to various authorized unlimited users
- Flexibility and scalability with resources
- QuickBooks Cloud Hosting help you reduce expenses on local IT infrastructure
- Integration with multiple plugins and add-ons to have all the features and functionalities to cloud accounting easy-going and automatic
- Backed up and restored the mistakenly deleted and removed important data and files.
- Anytime and anywhere access
- Multi-user collaboration
- Device independence
- Automated backup
- Disaster recovery
- Data Integrity
Following Factors, You Must Consideration Before Choose QuickBooks Cloud Hosting Provider
Cloud hosting has so many factors that users must think about to choose the best hosting provider such as how the data centers(where all your QB data and files will be kept)work well, what kind of protection and security you QuickBooks Cloud Hosting provider offer you, how you and when you can contact customer care staff when you face any trouble, which QuickBooks Desktop version supported by your hosting provider, and so many things come to your head.
There are numerous QuickBooks Cloud hosting providers that offer the functionality of switching QuickBooks Desktop to QuickBooks Cloud accounting. But we recommend you to go for an Intuit Authorized Hosting Provider for QuickBooks. Here are some of the factors that you should consider to choose the hosting provider:
- IT infrastructure and data center practices
- Availability of customer support 24×7 over the phone, chat, and email
- QuickBooks version supported Suggested: Version you are using to the latest QuickBooks version available
- Guarantee of Uptime99.995%
How to Find Out The Best QuickBooks Cloud Hosting Provider?
Most of the reputed and top-leading hosting solution providers are Intuit authorized commercial partners who offer hosting solutions for various versions of QuickBooks Desktop. As per the Intuit, it is recommended that businesses who are looking for best QuickBooks Cloud Hosting services, must choose those providers who have the expertise, command in that particular field. And it is better to consult more than one QuickBooks cloud hosting provider to know more specifically about the features, services, add-ons, plugins, storage, customer support, protocols for security, and data confidentiality.
Intuit Authorized QuickBooks Cloud Hosting providers are tailored and experienced in such a way so that they can ensure clients and customers for security and protection of their confidential data or files in the cloud. Here are some important factors that one can consider before finalizing the cloud hosting provider for QuickBooks Desktop.
- Intuit Authorization
- Security practices & features
- Data and password storage policies
- Uptime guarantee
- Plans & Price
- Support Policies
- Add-ons & Plugin compatibility
- Customer reviews & testimonials
- Backup & Disaster Recovery solutions
Different Modes of QuickBooks Cloud Hosting You Should Be Aware Of:
Hosting of QuickBooks Desktop application can be implemented in the following 3 modes:
- Dedicated QuickBooks Cloud Hosting: It is that kind of cloud hosting where the user is connected directly to the server on which QuickBooks Desktop is installed. In Dedicated QuickBooks hosting, you can access your QuickBooks software from a cloud server, where all your data and files are safely stored and updated. By using a unique username and password you can log in to your QuickBooks remote desktop from anywhere, anytime.
- Peer-to-Peer QuickBooks Cloud Hosting: In Peer-to-Peer QuickBooks Cloud Hosting one user hosts the application and data to provide access to other users on the network.
- Alternate QuickBooks Cloud Hosting: Here the main user is connected to the QuickBooks hosting server over the Internet. The rest of the users, workers, employees, clients are connected to the main user to access the application, data, files, information on the local network.
Which QuickBooks Desktop Version Supported For QuickBooks Cloud Hosting?
The most trusted and well-recognized cloud hosting providers or even Intuit certified providers offer cloud hosting for various QuickBooks Desktop versions such as QuickBooks Premier, QuickBooks Pro, QuickBooks Accountant, QuickBooks Enterprise. So you can just
QuickBooks Cloud Hosting is ideal for small to mid-sized businesses as they avail of various things to manage and grow the business like mobility, scalability, cost-efficiency, and more. Therefore, we recommend you for the betterment of your business productivity to choose the best QuickBooks hosting to make your business limitless and fly in the cloud with seamless features and benefits. For any further query, dial +1-844-401-1232 and directly reach to our Intuit certified ProAdvisors team and get instant help.