When you are trying to download the payroll tax table updates, you may get the following error messages that show QuickBooks Error PS101: The payroll update did not complete successfully. Please try again. In this article the solutions to this error are maintained in order to resolve your issue and reasons of the error are also mentioned here. If the problem continues to happen then contact us our QuickBooks ProAdvisor consult you.+1-888-202-8743
It is advised to download the payroll update within the deadline time that is shown in your QuickBook Desktop payroll information Window. To check out the deadline date, go to the employee menu and click on Get payroll update. Now let’s proceed further and check out the solutions to fix QuickBooks Error PS101.
Main Causes of QuickBooks error code PS101
Here is the list of the main causes that are responsible for the QuickBooks error PS101, check it out.
- Network problems or Internet settings that do not align allow updates to be downloaded and installed.
- May be computer firewall or any installed antivirus blocked the network.
- Internet settings not configured properly.
- Any third party software not correctly repaired before the clean installation.
- Many QuickBooks applications located in the system can follow different locations of the system when installing the update.
Solutions To Resolve QuickBooks Error PS101
Solution 1: Repair Internet connection settings
Step 1: Download and run the QuickBooks Tools Hub
The QuickBooks Tool Hub is a very helpful tool to solve common errors. For the best results, we suggest using Tool Hub on Windows 10, 64-bit.
- First, quit the QuickBooks.
- We advise you to download the most up-to-date QuickBooks Tool Hub version (184.108.40.206). Keep the downloaded .exe file someplace in your computer where you can quickly find it (as an example you can save it in the Downloads folder or your Windows desktop). Note: If in case, you already have installed Tool Hub on your computer before, and want to find out the version which you are using, then go to the Home tab. The Tool Hub version will be illustrated on the bottom right or you can also click on About to see the version.
- Now, go to the downloaded (QuickBooksToolHub.exe) and open it.
- Next, install the tool, to do this just follow the on-screen steps to install and accept the terms and conditions.
- When the installation process completes, look for the Tool Hub icon on your Windows desktop and open the tool hub.
Step 2: From the Tools Hub, run the Quick Fix my Program
- Open the QuickBooks Tools Hub, click on Program Problems.
- Now, click on the Quick Fix my Program. This scan will take around approx 1-2 min.
- After the scan completes, reopen your QuickBooks and try to download your payroll tax table update.
Solution 2: Run Bat command.
In this solution, you need to run the Bat command. This command will re-registering the DLL file in the Operating System. To do this, check out the below steps:
- First, you need to close the QuickBooks and next look for the QuickBooks company file location.
- Give a right-click on QuickBooks and next open the file location, here look for the Bat file or file with .bat extension. Go to the bat file and right-click on it, next click on run as an administrator.
- When the process begins, the QuickBooks Repair utility will automatically turn on the command prompt multiple times. Make sure not to abort the process when it is completed.
- Next, you need to configure the Windows firewall or Antivirus settings.
- If still, you are dealing with the same error, then go with the clean installation process.
- It is also recommended to remove all the multiple files associated with your QuickBooks or Payroll also, this will help you to allow the update to track the correct path of the software.
Hope these fixation steps on QuickBooks Error PS101 will be helpful for you, for any further technical assistance you reach us for instant help.