Facing QuickBooks payroll update error or failed to send usage data in QuickBooks Desktop while updating? If yes, then here is the one-stop solution for all your issue. we will address the main reason behind this error and also provide you one of the best solutions to fix this error. Sometimes it shows “QB ran into an error while trying to send usage data” this error occurs due to the incorrect time zone of desktop or you have created Accountant’s copy.
We will talk about QB payroll update error if you facing an issue like failed to send usage data while update or other error in QB payroll then you’re landed to the right article. We refer you to this blog if you are facing a Payroll update error with code 15106
Main reasons behind QuickBooks payroll update error- Failed to send usage data
It occurs due to some following common reasons like:
- If the time zone is incorrect in your system.
- If you create a copy of an Accountant.
QuickBooks payroll support also provided you efficient method to solve their both problem very easily you can contact QuickBooks payroll support contact number Our US-based experts available 24/7 to provide you perfect solution to your problem.
Solutions To fix the Payroll update error while trying to send usage data
Method 1– Edit Your Payroll Service Key
- Go to Employees option in your QuickBooks software then select My payroll service and then manage service key option.
- Click Edit, option after then clear the checkbox on “Open Payroll Setup” and hit Finish. This should send your service key to activate.
- After that back to the main setting page and,
- Go to Employees, then My Payroll Service, then Send Usage Data.
If the above method does not work or not fix your issues so move on to the second method.
Method 2- Check the date & time of the file location in your system
Here are the steps to check the date and time in Windows Vista and XP:
- First, go to the computer’s system tray (on the bottom of the screen), you can see the displayed time, click on it.
- If in case, you are not able to edit the time from your system tray, click on Start, and later go to the Settings, next click on the Control Panel, and then click on Date and Time.
- Next, go to the Date and Time window, look for the Date & Time tab, and click on it.
- Here, you need to set the date and time and later go to the Time Zone tab.
- Click on the correct time zone.
- If you are in a daylight saving time zone, you have to choose the Automatically adjust clock for daylight saving changes checkbox.
- Next, click on OK.
- Now, you need to verify the updates just by double-clicking the time in the system tray.
For Windows 7 operators, do the following steps.
- First of all, open your desktop and double click on the date and time that shows on the bottom of the window screen.
- There is another option if you are unable to change the date and time from the system then go to start option or you can press the window button from your keyboard.
- Select the Control Panel option.
- Choose Clock, Language, and, region option.
- In the next window, it will be shown two more option date and time settings and region and language.
- Click the date and time option.
- After that on the Date and Time button, click on the Change date and time button.
- Choose the current date and time, then click on the OK button.
- After that, click OK and then click OK again.
- After that, check the time and date are correct in the system or no.
For Windows 8, do the following steps:
- Open Control Panel.
- Click on Clock, Language, Region.
- Under Date and time, click on Set the date and time.
- Click on Change date and time settings.
- In the Date and Time tab, click on Change date and time button.
- Choose the correct date and time.
- Click OK.
- To change the time zone, click on the Change time Zone button and then select the preferred time zone.
- If you are in a daylight saving time zone, click on the Automatically adjust clock for Daylight Saving Time tick-box.
- Click OK.
- Now check that the date and time are correct or not.
If the above method doesn’t fix your issue, then try the next method.
Method 3: Check that if there exists an Accountant’s copy.
- If Date and time are correct, then toggle the time zone (correct, wrong, correct) by following simple steps as:
- If an Accountant’s copy exists, so remove the restrictions manually or you can wait until the Accountant’s copy is returned. But still remember that when you, removing the. So, you have to ensure to verify with your Accountant.
- Now, try to send it to Intuit.
- If the error continues to exist, then delete all the online transactions that have sent.
- Click on Edit from the top menu bar
- Then Click on Find (or press CTRL+F ).
- After Click on the Advanced tab.
- In the Filter box, choose the following options:
- Go the drop-down menu, choose the filter Detail Level and select Summary only.
- Then Go the drop-down menu, select the filter Online Status and choose Online to send.
- After Go, the drop-down menu, select the filter Posting Status and choose Either.
- Then, click on the Find button from the top right corner of the Find screen.
- After that, review the results:
- If you find any non-payroll transaction, then complete their processing.
- And if you find paychecks, delete them immediately and then try to send it to Intuit again. If it is done successfully, recreate the paychecks.
To know more about common payroll errors and its troubleshooting steps, Read this article
Hope, the above information will help you properly with your issue and surely get rid of QuickBooks payroll update error. But if you are still unable to fix this issue or you need further assistance then dial our toll-free +1-855-441-4417 and get-in-touch with our certified Intuit ProAdvisor to take the instant solution.