While updating payroll, you may encounter QuickBooks Error 15241 displaying – The payroll update did not complete successfully. The error occurred due to QuickBooks Desktop Copy Service (FCS) is disabled.
Note: Intuit FCS Service is an important add-on service which manages file transfer during your QuickBooks update.
If you are also facing the same error code, then this article will help you out. Here we will cover the main reasons for facing QuickBooks error 15241 & how you can troubleshoot it. And if you are facing an update error 15106, then read this article.
First, we describe what actually the update error 15241 mean?
What is QuickBooks Error Code 15241?
The Error Code 15241 normally occurs when the user is unable to update Payroll successfully or the Microsoft Windows installer is damaged. This error usually occurs while installing or updating payroll which acts as the interception and thus creates a difficulty in QuickBooks Payroll function.
When does QuickBooks update error 15241 occur
Below are some circumstances when you face this issue:
- This error may arise if the QuickBooks Desktop File Copy Service is disabled.
- While the system is crashed or there is an issue with the window in which you are working.
- Windows becomes very slow or the system rolls up completely for some moments, it creates a difficulty to work with.
Main Causes of Error 15241
These are the points that may cause Error 15241 QuickBooks to occur-
- Installation of QuickBooks may not be completed or the downloaded file is corrupted.
- QuickBooks file can be corrupted due to a virus or some other malware has caused.
- Maybe some files of QuickBooks have been deleted while installing another program on the system.
Solutions to resolve QuickBooks Error 15241
1. Update payroll tax table
Initially, you can prefer updating your Payroll tax table to fix QuickBooks error codes.
Download the payroll tax table update in QuickBooks Desktop-
- Go to the Employees menu then select Get Payroll Updates as shown below.
- Then put a check in the Download Entire Update Checkbox and go to Update.
- A window appears when the download is complete.
Solution 2: For Windows 10,8,7
- First, you need to Close QuickBooks Desktop.
- After go to the Windows Start button and right-click Computer and verify for Manage.
- For Windows 10, you need to click on the Search button on the taskbar and check for Computer, Right-click on the Computer option and choose to Manage
- Under the manage, go to the Services and Applications tab and double-click on Services.
- Now, look for the Intuit QuickBooks FCS and double-click on it.
- Under the General tab select the Startup type drop-down arrow, and choose Manual.
- Choose to Apply, and click on Start and continue with OK
If it is Window XP, follow these steps:
- Close the QuickBooks Desktop for a while.
- On the desktop, go to My Computer, right-click on it and choose Manage. It opens the Computer Management screen.
- Go to Services and Applications and click on Services, as you can see Services window is opened.
- Scroll it down and double click on Intuit QuickBooks FCS Service. It opens the window as Intuit QuickBooks FCS Properties.
- Go to General tab, then click the drop-down of Startup type and select Manual.
- Click OK.
- Now open the QuickBooks Desktop.
- Download the QuickBooks Desktop product updates.
- Now you can update the Payroll tax tables.
- First, you have to Close QuickBooks.
- Go to the My Computer icon and double-click on it and choose Manage.
- In the left pane, choose Services and Applications,
- In the middle pane, You need to click and double-click on Services.
- Now give a Double-click on Intuit QuickBooks FCS option.
- In the drop-down arrow, click the Startup type, look for the General tab, and choose Manual option.
- Choose to Apply, and later click on start and go with the OK.
- After performing all the steps try to open QuickBooks and try to update QuickBooks again.
If the above three solutions didn’t help you then try with this solution:
- First, you need to Insert the Payroll Update CD and open the Get Payroll Updates window.
- For QuickBooks Desktop Pro and Premier- You need to select Employees and choose Get Payroll Updates.
- if you are proposed to determine the update.dat or update3.dat file, In the Install Payroll Update window, reply to the prompts.
- Agree on Browse.
- From the Look in drop-down arrow, select the CD drive
- Choose either update.dat or update3.dat from the Payroll Update Disk and select Open.
- Choose OK in the Payroll Update window.
- Choose the Windows Start button and Quit QuickBooks Desktop,
- Go to My Computer, right-click the CD drive, and select Explore.
- Insert the same CD to another computer and test if you are able to view the files.
- If you are able to view the files on the second computer it means on the first computer, you have a hardware problem with the CD drive
- If you cannot view the files on both computers, then buy a new payroll update disk by visiting by intuit online store then choose Payroll and select View Contact Info.
- make sure that you are installing from the correct location in the Install Confirmation window, and also examine the tax table versions in the Current and New fields are also accurate
- Select Install, a confirmation message arises when the update is complete, or the new tax table is installed. Read the message and then choose OK.
Important: If you got a message on your screen “A new tax table has been installed on your computer If the tax table version has changed. to read about the changes. Choose OK
QuickBooks is accounting software that helps to manage the financial health of your business. But sometimes you may face some issues with this software. One of them is QuickBooks Error 15241, as we already discussed that there may be many reasons for this error, it may occur due to an incomplete installation of QuickBooks or the file downloaded is corrupted. It may occur QuickBooks file is deleted while installing some other program files.
We have discussed several methods for which you can resolve the QB Error 15241 according to the different versions of Windows.
Hope, this article is helpful to you to get the solution of QuickBooks Error 15241. For any further technical assistance, you can dial our toll-free number +1-855-441-4417.