Facing the QuickBooks error 102, and unable to connect your bank’s website using QuickBooks? Don’t worry, it will fix successfully by using different ways. Here in this article, we will discuss, What are the reasons behind the 102 banking errors, and how to solve the QuickBooks bank error 102 in different ways. Meanwhile, you can get the ProAdvisor help, by dialing the toll-free number +1-844-405-0904 for further assistance.
Table of Contents
What is QuickBooks Error 102
QuickBooks error 102 is a banking issue, it does not allow you to access the bank account or bank transaction through QuickBooks. Mostly it occurs when there is any problem from the bank end.
Error Code: QuickBooks Error 102
Appear In: QuickBooks Online
Error Message: QuickBooks Online (QBO) is currently unable to establish a connection to your bank’s website.
Why the QuickBooks Banking Error 102 Occurs
Here are some of the possible reasons for the error code;
- There may be problem in the server of your bank or financial institute.
- You may entering wrong ID, and password to your bank’s website in QuickBooks.
- You may be using online banking by connecting the wrong credit card account.
How to Fix 102 Banking Error in QuickBooks Banking Error 102
Don’t get panic when you face this banking error, one more important points, these troubleshooting steps will not give you a quick response, errors 102 and 105 normally fix within 24 hours. In this time period, you can follow the below solutions to fix the issue;
Follow the given solutions carefully;
Solution 1: Update your Bank Connection
Follow the procedure to update the bank connection;
For Manual Update:
You should update the bank connection manually. Because, some accounts require manual updates; in the case, when you will be notified in a connection interview.
- Login to the QuickBooks Online.
- And choose the ‘Banking‘ menu from the left bar.
- If you want to update only some of your accounts, click to clear unwanted accounts.
- Select update now.
- If prompted, enter your Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA) credentials (click to display within 2 minutes of the box) and then click Continue to update.
Manual update will take care of 90 days and any new listing listed within that time will download. This way, if you have to leave the days between updates, even then you will get the most current information even if you are connected to your account.
If you have questions about automatic updates from your bank, then you have come to the right place! Here are some highlights: With automatic updates, updates to your online banking account usually start at about 3 a.m. Pacific time.
If QuickBooks Online Server is unable to obtain updated information for a particular online account, then it will attempt to update up to five additional times in the next five hours. The information we receive depends on the shares of your bank or financial institution with us.
Some can only send new information on the growth of every other day, weekly, or any other time. You cannot turn Auto Update on and off, and you cannot specifically control which specific items are downloaded and available to add to your bank register.
You can see the exact time of updates by:
- Choose Banking from the left menu
- Select the update button in the top right corner
- Under the last updated column, the date and/or time of the last update will be listed.
If you still facing the same error, then wait for 2 to 3 hours, and then you have to proceed with the same steps again.
Solution 2: Check your Bank or Credit Card’s Website
Cross-check the bank credit card’s site is working or not. For that, follow the procedure;
- Login to your credit cards website.
- Check for any kind of alert notifications, or messages.
- After that cross-check the account pages, transactions, account history.
- If will unable to check all of the above then there may be the connection issues.
Solution 3: Check your Login Information
Check that you can log in to your bank’s site through the URL which the bank has provided us with online banking. When you cannot connect to your bank and follow the 6 steps found in the section, see below adding your bank accounts to download and troubleshoot transactions in QuickBooks Online: The reason may be that you may not be able to join your bank.
How to connect your bank accounts in QuickBooks Online:
- Choose the Banking menu.
- If you have not linked to any bank before, search for the name of your financial institution.
- And, if you have previously linked to a bank, then select Add Account in the top right and search for the names of your financial institutions.
- Select your financial institution from the list.
- For the Financial Institution website, enter your User ID or Login ID and Password and select Continue.
- If your financial institution requires it, complete the additional security verification steps, and select Connect securely.
- Select the bank symbol to the left of the account you want to connect and select the account type drop-down menu to select bank type or credit card account. You must either choose a bank or credit card account. If you do not have an account, you can add + new to create a new account.
- When you first join your account, QuickBooks downloads online transactions over the last 90 days and will automatically download your banking and credit card transactions overnight, for a short period of time, a Need a short date range?
- Choose to Connect it may take a few minutes.
- After your download completes, you will be taken back to the banking page. The review tab will include transactions downloaded from your financial institution, which you can review, classify and accept the QuickBooks.
If your bank is not listed or you cannot connect otherwise, or if you need more than 90 days of data, you can download transactions from your bank’s website and upload them to QuickBooks Online.
Solution 4: Check your all Account Information or Notification
If you are able to log in successfully, see a message, notification, or warning from your bank, which shows that something is not working as much as you want. Also, make sure you see your account summary, account history, and account transactions without problems.
Solution 4. Wait for the Bank Action
You have to wait for the bank, to fix any problems with your server, at least wait a day before trying again.
Solution 5. Make Sure your Account is Not new to the Bank
If your account is new to the bank or credit card, you may also get this error. Some new accounts do not work with online banking now to see if this is a problem, contact the bank or credit card company that will be what you have.
The whole article was all about the QuickBooks error 102. Hopefully, this article will be a great source to fix the 102 error code. Feel free to connect with our QuickBooks experts, if you have any kind of doubts regarding this topic. Just dial the toll-free number+1-844-405-0904, we will be there for you.