Hope you are doing well with your business with all new and advanced versions in QuickBooks. To make your working experience even smoother, our support team is here to guide the correct cache amount for QuickBooks Enterprise.
QuickBooks Enterprise is useful in managing payroll details, inventory lists, customer data. As when you install QuickBooks, cache memory is inbuilt in QuickBooks desktop clear cache and that memory is used by the database manager. Sometimes the settings get modified as a result value gets lower or it fails to actually meet the optimal cache amount. Many times, in this case, the correct cache amount in QuickBooks becomes incorrect that leads to run PC slowly.
By using QuickBooks Enterprise, you can speed up the growth of your business as with the help of this, less error will come.
When to Correct Cache Amount for QuickBooks Enterprise
There is a need to correct cache amount for QuickBooks Enterprise-
- If the server reboots.
- When QuickBooks Desktop updates to a new version.
- When Window is updated to a new version.
- QuickBooks Enterprise is up to date to a new launch.
Before performing the troubleshooting steps for QuickBooks memory leak, see that QuickBooks is updated to a new version. You can update by two methods-
- Manual update
- Automatic update
How To Correct Cache Amount For QuickBooks Enterprise?
Use qbw.ini file to correct memory cache amount
These steps apply when the overall application is set up on the web hosting computer.
- Turn on your computer.
- You need to go to the path C:\ProgramData\Intuit to open the QBW.ini file.
- Choose DB SERVER OPTIONS with required values. Options are- Initial cache and max cache.
- Initial Cache- You can use the initial cache till the first file opens. Set it to none or zero, it doesn’t affect its performance.
- Max Cache- This cache helps in improving the performance of your system as it provides the maximum memory amount used by QuickBooks Database Manager to communicate with the company file setting to make it unlimited.
- You need to turn off and turn on to save the file.
- For Server-only install, follow the below steps-
Open the Command prompt each time and enter:
- Net stop QuickBooks DB25
- Net start QBCFMonitorService
- Net stop QBCFMonitorService
Change the cache setting manually for “Server-Only Install”
For Server-only Install, we have given two methods as
Method 1- For checking the current cache settings, you need to sign-in windows.
- Choose Open command so you can get multi-user access for QuickBooks desktop file.
- Go to HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\QuickBooksDB25\Parameter.
- Check the numbers after -ch and -c. Enterprise solutions run well with settings -ch 512M and -c 256M. If your current setting is not modified, change it as described.
- If you get an error, verify that you spelled it correctly.
Method 2- Change the settings in the registry.
- Save all your files and logout from QuickBooks Desktop.
- To stop the QuickBooks Desktop Database service open the command prompt and Enter net stop QuickBooks DB25.
- The settings are stored in the windows registry and need to be corrected there. Do not try by yourself if you are not an IT professional in editing the registry.
- Key Location: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\QuickBooksDBxx\Parameters.
The current value may look like -n QB_Server_Name -qs -gd ALL -gk all -gp 4096 -gu all -ch 256M -c 128M.
Intuit recommended to following changes:
- From -ch 256M change to -ch 512M. For unlimited, delete -ch 256M and -ch 512M. The value should look “-n QB_SERVER_NAME -qs -gd ALL -gk all -gp 4096 -gu all”
Note: This memory is not purely unlimited but actually “Database managed” and can use more memory when needed.
- From -c 128M change to -c 256M.
- If your settings were already at the recommended level, you do not change them. This file does not cover the cause of your performance troubles.
- Save your changes.
- On the command prompt, enter net start QuickBooks DBxx. (xx=24 for 2014 version / 25 for 2015 version).
- Launch QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise and open your file.
Before choosing any options, please ensure that QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise 14.0 or 15.0 is up to date to the latest version.
Hope this post helped you in any way. We have provided you with the complete procedure to correct the cache amount for QuickBooks Enterprise and how to prevent QuickBooks memory leak. QuickBooks Customer Support is always there to provide the most authentic and effective information to our customers. Our objective is to provide you with all possible help in QuickBooks. If you need any further help, you may dial a toll-free number +1-855-441-4417.