Correct cache amount for QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise Solution
Hope you are doing well with your business with the all new and advanced QuickBooks. To make your working experience even smoother, our QuickBooks Enterprise Support team is here to guide about the correct cache amount for Enterprise solutions.
When QB get installed. It sets defaults quantities of memory cache the database manager will use. Once in a while, the settings get modified to less than the most effective amount of cache. This could be the reason why your desktop starts running slower. It is also possible that these wrong values get “stuck” and appear to maintain coming return.
This trouble happens if the server reboots. A windows update is installed. QuickBooks Enterprise is up to date with the new launch. And QuickBooks desktop runs a utility at the company record and different possible actions.
You can select between two updates options:
- Automatic updates
- Manual updates
Solution1: – Use the QBW.ini file to set the amount of memory cache to use
These steps apply when the overall application is set up on the web hosting computer. And QuickBooks Enterprise is on R6 launch or later.
- Go to the computer (server) hosting the company documents.
- Go to the QBW.ini file in the Intuit
- Select QBW.ini file. Add a [DBSERVEROPTIONS] section with your chosen values:
InitialCache= 256 (‘None’)
MaxCache= 512 (‘Unlimited’)
- Save the file.
- Entered to “take effect” for the .ini file setting. And turn off your hosting from the file menu and turn on back.
- If you have a “server only install” you can follow the below steps:
- Step: From The CMD, type net stop QuickBooksDBXX
- From the CMD, type: net stop QBCFMonitorService
- From the CMD, type: net start QBCFMonitorService
Solution2: – Manually change cache settings for Server-Only Install
Intuit suggested that you should contact IT experts in editing Windows Registry to run the steps below.
You can check in windows what the current status of cache setting:
- Open a command prompt configured to host multi-user access for QuickBooks Desktop record. Enter HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\QuickBooksDBxx\Parameters.
- Check the numbers after -ch and -c. Enterprise Solutions runs well with settings -ch 512M and -c 256M. If your current setting is not modifying, change it as described.
- If you get an error, verify that you typed it correctly.
Change the setting in the registry:
- Save your all files, works and log out QuickBooks Desktop users.
- To Stop the QuickBooks Desktop Database service open the command prompt and Enter net stop QuickBooksDBXX run it.
- The settings are stored in the Windows registry and need to be corrected there. Do not try by yourself if you are not IT professional in editing the registry.
- Key location: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\QuickBooksDBxx\Parameters. The current value may look like -n QB_SERVER_NAME -qs -gd ALL -gk all -gp 4096 – gu all -ch 256M -c 128M…
Intuit recommended to following changes:
- From -ch 256M change to -ch 512M. For unlimited, delete -ch 256 M and -ch 512M. The value should look “-n QB_SERVER_NAME -qs -gd ALL -gk all -gp 4096 -gu all” Note: This setting is not purely unlimited but actually “Database managed” and can use more memory when needed.
- From -c 128M change to -c 256M
- If your settings were already at the recommended level, you do not change them. This file does not cover the cause of your performance troubles.
- Save your changes.
- On the command prompt, enter: net start QuickBooksDBxx (xx = 24 for 2014 version / 25 for 2015 version).
- Launch QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise and open your file.
Before choosing any options, please ensure that QuickBooks desktop Enterprise 14.0 or 15.0 is up to date to the latest version.
Hope this article has helped you in any way. Our QuickBooks Customer Support is always dedicated to providing the most authentic and effective information to our customers. If you need any further help, you may dial our Support Phone number +1-855-441-4417 to get help via remote access. Our team will provide you with steps by steps solution. We have professional experts and they are available 24*7 to our valuable customers.