Vendors are the peoples or companies who are working for you and you do pay money for it, such as a store, utility, landlord, or subcontractors.
In today article, we are going to discuss in detail about How to add new Vendors in QuickBooks Online. For any further support and assistance, you may contact the QuickBooks support team. Just dial +1-855-441-4417 to get connected with a ProAdvisor.
Importance of setting up new vendors in QuickBooks Online
If you are looking to pay bills in QuickBooks, then you must be wanting to set up your vendors. Setting up your vendors will allow you to do the following:
- QuickBooks rapidly enter vendor bills with details like remit to address and due date automatically pre-populated from the vendor profile.
- You can also track your expenses by the vendor. With the help of this, you can run reports that will provide insight into which vendors you are spending the most money with and what product you are purchasing from them.
We are explaining the process to set up vendors in QuickBooks manually. In addition, if you are having more then 10 vendors to set up in QB. Then, you should import vendor info into QuickBooks online by using an excel or CSV File.
You may also like: How to Set Up Invoices, Sales Receipts & Estimates in QuickBooks Online
Add new vendors in QuickBooks Online manually
- First of all, To set up your vendors in your company file, navigate to the seller center by clicking on vendors on the left menu bar right below the customer.
- After that, click the blue New vendor button in the upper right-hand corner.
- After that, enter the vendor information.
- First and Last Name:- In this field, you have to enter the first and last name of the vendor.
- Company: This field is only for your commercial or business vendors and this info will appear on all purchase forms that you create.
- Display name as:- This is auto-populated based on the information entered in the vendor name field. This will show up on your vendor list in QuickBooks.
- Print on Check as:- This field helps you, if you want to write checks and pay vendor bills, then the payment information will come from here. If the payee name is different from the vendor name, then this field helps you to change the payee name.
- Address:- In this field, you have to enter the address of your vendor where you need to email your payment to the vendor.
- Notes:- In this field, You can enter any additional information here. This detail is for internal purposes only and will not be visible to your vendors.
- Email:- In this field, you have to enter vendors email id, if you want to send the order to vendors.
- Phone/Mobile/Fax:- In this field, you have to enter the telephone numbers provided by your vendors.
- Website:- In this field, you have to enter the supplier’s website address for quick reference.
- Payment Terms:- In this field, you can select here payment terms according to any vendors.
- Tax ID: In this field, you have to enter the tax ID or Social security number of all suppliers.
- Track Payments for 1099:- In this field, QuickBooks will track these vendors and include them in a 1099 report. If the supplier is not incorporated, you are required to send them a 1099 tax if you pay them $600 or more in a calendar year.
- After that, you have to add some other vendor information.
- Attachments: In this field, you can attach any documents that you would like to keep on file for the vendor.
- Billing rate: In this field, you have to enter the billing rate for the vendor for easy reference.
- Opening balance: In this field, you have to enter an outstanding balance that you have with a vendor.
- Account Number: In this field, you have to enter an account number with your vendor for easy reference.
- You can review the vendor set up and after that, the vendor information will appear in the vendor center.
Watch this video to learn more about How to add your vendor information to QuickBooks.
How to Modify or Delete a vendor?
Vendor Information can easily be modified anytime. You just need to click on the vendor’s name from the vendor center. Make whatever changes you like to make to the vendor profile.
Just like customers, vendor information cannot be changed once it is used in a transaction as transactions are linked with the financial statements. You can only deactivate the vendor if you have decided that you don’t want to work with the same vendor anymore. Deactivating the vendor will not hide vendor from financial records but they will not appear in the vendor center.
Related article: How to Set Up Company Information in QuickBooks Online
You can easily deactivate the vendor from the vendor center by following steps mentioned below:
- First of all, go to the vendor center and select the vendor you want to delete.
- Click on Edit at the right corner of the next screen.
- Now Select “Make Inactive” button and Click on save your changes
I hope you find this article useful. If you have any queries related to this or any other topic, you can call QuickBooks Online Support Number +1-855-441-4417.
Read this blog: To Fix QB Online login related issues