QuickBooks Software is very popular for his design and advanced features and most of the people of the USA used for his Business. Many users face the problem that their QB Software does not allow them to export information to Excel. The best possible reason for this error might be that your software is unable to recognize excel that is installed on your system. Here you can Resolve QuickBooks unable to export to excel error by using these given instructions.
This issue most of the time arises when you upgrade your QuickBooks application. If the update is not successful, then you are unable to export to Excel-like as a transaction journal or account receivable again report or emailing report as an Excel Document.
Reach out to our QuickBooks customer service team for additional and instant help services. We have a team of certified ProAdvisors, accountants & experts who will guide you to quickly resolve your issues.
QuickBooks Exporting to Excel issues
The issues usually faced by the users due to which they fail to export to Excel are
- Damaged MS Excel Software.
- Your QuickBooks Software might be damaged.
- Your File Registry is not working properly.
Steps to Fix the issues, where exporting to excel has failed
- Open the customer center.
- Locate the transaction in the transaction panel.
- Right-click on the transaction you want to see a transaction journal.
- Now, select the transaction Journal.
- Go to the Excel button and choose to create a new Worksheet to Export your report to Excel.
Item List Need to be opened first and then open your report
If you open the report after being on a non-transaction form (such as the item list of charts of Accounts), the Report will be able to export to Excel.
- You need to go to List and then Open Item List.
- Open any report you want from the report menu.
- Export to Excel By clicking the Excel drop-down or email as excel by clicking the email button.
Permission By Export
- Bank Transaction Export
- This will export into a .csv or .iif file, which you can then export to QuickBooks.
- Bills Export: This Will Export into a .csv or .iif file and then you can then export this file to QuickBooks.
- Calendar Export: Will export your own calendar items. If you want to export your calendar to another application, then click Here.
- Contact Notes Export: Will export a list of all contact notes on contacts create in Clio.
- QuickBooks Transaction Import
We manually enter a large no of invoices into QuickBooks each month. The data is spitting out of another database, which Could be simply spat the data into CSV files(For Import into QuickBooks). If we only knew precisely what QB Wanted, We are using QB Pro 2005 and Excel 2003. Anyone do this already, and perhaps have some suggestion or templates that could help.
Export to Excel:
We will first export to excel by following steps, then discuss what issues and errors arise while exporting reports to excel as well as how to fix those errors.
Quick Steps of Export to Excel:
To export reports to excel, you can
- First of all in QuickBooks, select Company
- Go to the reports, company and financial and now choose Profit & Loss Standard(Profit and Loss standard is an example in this case)
- Now click Excel and go to Create New Worksheet
- Click on Export and now Files opens in MS-Excel
- Go back to QuickBooks again and click Excel And then Create New Worksheet.
- Go to Send Report to Excel
- Click Create a comma-separated values (.csv) file
- Now click Give a file name
- Finally, Click Save
If you do not succeed export to excel by above mention steps and still now you are unable to export the files and reports, that means you are facing the QuickBooks Unable to Export to Excel error. When we upgrade QuickBooks software this error normally arises.
Some of the following conditions may cause errors during the export and the subsequent import of payroll journal entries
- One or more accounts in accounting CS use the same description as QuickBooks, but the account type is accounting CS is different than the type of QuickBooks.
- It doesn’t acknowledge the accounts used for the exported transactions because the accounting CS account numbers don’t same the QuickBooks accounts. To prevent this from happening. IIF file before importing the transactions is that you manually add the accounts in QuickBooks.
- The Account details of QuickBooks Transaction don’t match the account details in accounting CS. The explanations must match exactly for the transactions to import correctly.
- Some issues are given below when you face the unable to Export error,
- Damaged MS Excel software
- Damaged QuickBooks software
- Improper file registry
- Sometimes QuickBooks version not supported by Excel version or vice-versa
We share some solution to errors, a solution is compulsory for any problem, you can follow some steps and resolve the issues,
- Go to Customer Center and Open it
- In the transaction pane, locate the transaction
- Now, select the transaction and right-click it to have a look at the transaction journal
- Select the transaction journal
- Click the Excel button
- Choose to Create New Worksheet. This will export the report to Excel.
Just make sure you haven’t left any of the transaction forms open during exporting the file and report to excel. You will find that the transaction forms may include Invoice, Purchase order and Sales order. And, if you have a non-transaction form opened then you’ll find the Export to Excel function will surely work. The example of the non-transaction form is “The Item List of Chart of Accounts”. That’s why it is always advised to open the Item List first and then go for the export function.
Can’t find your answer? Willing to speak to our QuickBooks Error troubleshooting team. Dial +1-855-441-4417 to hire our specialist to help you quickly fix your problem. You can also find your queries in our QuickBooks community. If you cannot find your query. You can also post your queries there, in order to get help from other business owners.