Stay logged in preference features in QuickBooks Desktop 2018
- Last Updated on: January 23rd, 2018
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Quickbooks
You can now login into a Company File without having to enter a username and password the whole period! In this article discuss about how we can stay logged in preference features Desktop company file (login without entering your password)
You have to log in with your username and password only, once every few days and can open the Company File or switch to another Company File without having to again enter your username and password, as long as you are using the same Windows user account. Required to enter your username and password again only if you have explicitly logged off from the Company File or when the login period has expired.
Related Article: QuickBooks 2018 Desktop New Cash-Accrual Report Toggle feature
IMPORTANT notes you need to know:
As the company Admin, you should carefully evaluate the use of this option and following points:
- When more than one users are accessing the same Company File on the same computer, one user has to explicitly log off before another user can log in. If in case a user by mistake does log off your system, another user can access the Company File without having to enter their username and password, as long as they are using the same Windows user account. we recommend the Admin does not enable this option or requires users to log in using separate Windows user accounts, In these multi-user scenarios.
- This choice is NOT available when Credit Card Protection is enabled for the Company File. If you have Credit Card information stored in the Company File and do NOT have Credit Card Protection manually enabled, we recommend that the Admin user DOES NOT enable this option.
- Users use this option that has must safeguard their computers and Windows accounts in order to ensure that their Company Files are protected. We also recommend that you use a screen timeout with a lock screen to ensure that access to the computer is controlled.
You may also like: Mobile inventory scanner support features in QuickBooks Desktop 2018
Does this apply to all company files?
This is available to files that meet ALL of the following:
- Credit Card Protection is NOT active
- Only for .QBW and .QBA files
- Pro/Premier/Enterprise 2017 R5, 2016 R10 and 2015 R13
- Only Company Files in local (i.e. not hosted) environments
How do I turn it on?
This choice is enabled by a Company Preference; it will not be available by default. It can only be enabled by the Company File’s Admin/Owner and will apply to all users. The Admin selects how long user can remain logged in with a maximum of 90 days (default is 2 days).
Related Resources: QuickBooks 2018 Desktop: Invoice Past Due Stamp
To get to this preference setting:
- Pro/Premier files:
- Go to Company > Setup Users and Passwords > Manage Login Settings
- Or, go to Or, go to Edit > Preferences > General > Company Preferences
- Enterprise files:
- Go to Company > Users > Manage Login Settings
- Or, go to Edit > Preferences > General > Company Preferences
If I activate this option.Does logging off change?
there will be a new entry point for logging off if this option is enable.
- Go to File option > Log Off from Company.
Hoped this article helped you, Still if you are having any sort of trouble while using any function of Quickbooks you can get technical support for QuickBooks: Dial 1-855-441-4417
Learn in detail about major features in QuickBooks Desktop 2018