Have you just received your new card reader and want to know more information and details about it? Here’s some helpful information about QB21, QB31, and QB33 Bluetooth card readers including their features and compatibility. Read the below information about the QuickBooks Payment card reader, and if you have any questions related to this, dial our toll-free number +1-844-405-0904 to solve your queries.
In this digital era, customers don’t always carry cash. So it is a must to have a card reader to accept credit and debit cards. Not having a card reader means losing a sale.
So, QuickBooks has its own most powerful card readers that help to make the payment fast and flexible so you can run your business from anywhere. It makes it convenient for the customer and their clients to see the amounts and totals on the interactive LED display.
EMV (Europay, MasterCard, and Visa) card readers can dip and tap to accept payments. It makes transactions more secure. Whereas the Magstripe card reader reads the info stored in the credit and debit card magnetic strip. You just need to swipe the card to accept the payment.
Features Included in QuickBooks Card Reader
Here we discussed the features of QuickBooks card readers QB21, QB31, and QB33. Read the following features one by one and choose which one you like most.
QB21 Card Reader
Go through the QB21 card reader features that are listed below.
- It accepts EMV chip cards and Magstripe Debit and Credit cards.
- It connects via Bluetooth in the QuickBooks GoPayment iOS and Android operating systems.
- You can charge it via USB cable
- Compatible with QuickBooks Desktop 2018 or later versions via USB cable
QB31 Card Reader
Following are the features of the QB31 card reader.
- QB31 accept almost all payment process including the Apple Pay, EMV chip cards and Magstripe Debit, and Credit cards, Google Pay, Samsung Pay
- Docking station included for charging.
- The charge stays for more than a week, depending on the usage.
- Works in the QuickBooks GoPayment app or QuickBooks Online mobile app via Bluetooth on iOS and Android operating systems.
QB33 Card Reader
The QB33 card reader is also known as the QuickBooks GoPayment Node Reader. Read the following to know its features;
- QB33 accepts the EMV chip card as well as the Magstripe credit cards, and debit cards.
- Charges through a USB cable.
- The card reader can easily connect with the QuickBooks Gopayment iOS and the Android mobile app through Bluetooth.
- Have the features to work with QuickBooks Desktop 2018, and the future versions via the USB cable.
Compatibility of QB21, QB31, and QB33 Card Reader
Check the compatibility of all card readers;
|Account Type||Works with QB21||Works with QB31|
|GoPayment only||iOS v10.0 or higher android 4.1 Jelly Bean or higher||As the same as QB21.|
|QuickBooks Online w/ PTS||GoPay app: iOS v10.0 or higher.GoPay app: 4.1 Jelly Bean or higher. QuickBooks mobile app: v18.1.1 and higher. |
To download transactions: Go to the ‘Gear’ icon of QuickBooks Online. And import GoPayment.
|QuickBooks mobile app (iOS) only allows the QB21, not to the QB31|
|QuickBooks Desktop||GoPay for iOS v10.0 or higher. GoPay for Android 4.1 Jelly Bean or higher. By using the Merchant service deposits, the transactions can be imported into QuickBooks Desktop. Allows access with QuickBooks Desktop 2018 R4 using the USB to micro-USB connection.||As same as the QB21|
|QuickBooks Point of Sale||GoPay app for iOS v10.0 or higher.GoPay app for Android 4.1 Jelly Bean or higher.GoPayment transactions would import to QuickBooks Desktop POS via Mobile Sync for v18. QB21.||The QB31 does not interface directly with the POS product.|
The QB33, compatible with all functions of QB21, and QB31.
After having a look at the features and compatibility, now you need to order and set up the QuickBooks card reader.
Note: In all online payment transactions, it is compulsory to have the GoPayment app. And always remember that if you are a QuickBooks Self-Employed user then you need the QuickBooks GoPayment app to accept mobile payments. iOS users can download it from the Apple App Store and Android users can download it from Google Play Store.
Update your QuickBooks Card Reader Before Accepting Credit & Debit Cards
If you use a QuickBooks card reader for processing payments from credit and debit cards with EMV chips, you need to ensure your QuickBooks credit card reader is up to date. If it is not so, follow the steps to update the QuickBooks card reader.
Update Card Reader Using the BBPOS Chipper OTA App
BBPOS Chipper OTA app is a downloadable program. You can use it to update the card reader. Follow the steps to update the card reader using BBPOS Chipper OTA.
- Disconnect the card reader from the QuickBooks Online mobile and GoPayment application.
- Close the QuickBooks Desktop Program.
- Connect the card reader and the computer using the USB cable.
- If the app shows that it is still connecting, close all the QuickBooks Desktop and disconnect the mobile with the QuickBooks Online Mobile app and GoPament.
- If still not connecting, press and hold the power button for 3 sec and turn off the device. Turn on the device after 10 sec and try to connect again.
- Download the BBPOS Chipper OTA app and open it.
- Once the device gets detected, click Yes to update. Don’t disconnect the device during the process, it can take up to 2-3 minutes.
- After updating successfully, click Disconnect.
Update Card Reader Using the QuickBooks Online Mobile or GoPayment apps
Make sure your app is updated with the latest version, your card reader is fully charged, and have a good internet connection to update the card reader. After meeting these requirements you need to follow these steps.
- Open your QuickBooks Online mobile or GoPayment app.
- Select Settings, then click Card Reader.
- Connect your card reader to the device.
Note: If it won’t connect, restart it and try again.
- Go to the My Readers section, if it shows “Reader update available” it means it needs to be updated. Click on it to continue.
- Select Software Update.
It can take up to 5 minutes to update. Don’t perform any other activity on your mobile while the card reader is updating.
It’s all about the QuickBooks payment card reader. Hopefully, now you have an idea about the features and compatible version of the payment card reader. You can talk to our certified QuickBooks ProAdvisor through the toll-free number +1-844-405-0904 for the QuickBooks payment support.