QuickBooks Error Code 6150
- Last Updated on: February 5th, 2018
- Posted by: admin
- Category: QuickBooks Error
This article contains information about QuickBooks Error 6150 and this will show you how to fix this error both manually and automatically. This Error 6150 occur when the user tries to access the company file & has multiple possible causes.
Related Article: QuickBooks File Doctor: Repair your company damaged file or network
This article will help you troubleshoot some common error messages related to error 6150 that you may receive. If you want to hire our QuickBooks Expert, give a call at 1855-441-4417. Here is a screenshot of the actual error:
An error appears when users trying to establish, open or work on the company file of QB. Please try to open company file again. This error code 6150 can be fixed by performing certain systematic troubleshooting steps.
Symptoms of Quickbooks Error 6150
- Your computer frequently crashes with this error 6150 when running the same program.
- Error 6150 appears and crashes the active program window.
- Windows runs slow and mouse or keyboard input responds slowly.
- Quickbooks Error 6150 is displayed.
- Your system freezes for a few seconds at a time.
The Error 6150 and 1006 messages can appear during program installation, while an Intuit Inc.-related software program is running, during Windows startup or shutdown, or even during the installation of the Windows operating system. Keeping a check on when and where this error occurs is an important piece of information in troubleshooting the problem.
Causes of Quickbooks Error 6150 and 1006
- QB-related files deleted by another program maliciously or mistakenly.
- Incomplete or damaged Quickbooks Software.
- Malware infection that will corrupt Windows system files or QB-related program files or Virus.
The reason behind the occurrence of the error is that the file you are trying to access is on a damaged platform. The same error can also occur when you try to restore data from a corrupted drive. There are few other error codes that can come under error 6150 are like 1006,01004. The possible causes for 6160-1006 are as follows.
Related Blog: What is QuickBooks Error 6209 and how to fix it?
- QuickBooks installation is damaged.
- Company file is corrupt and you were attempting to backup.
- QB Company file extension was the wrong type.
- Attempting to open a portable file but QB fails to open.
Fix QB Error 6150
- Change the location of QuickBooks File
- Find the QBW extension file.
- Open a folder which has company files.
- Paste that file on the desktop.
- Copy file by o the desktop.
- Open and restore the existing company move it to the desktop.
- Hold the control key, open QuickBooks, so you are guided to No company open window.
- If the error still persists follow the second solution.
- Open a sample company file and ensure is there any issues with company file. If sample company file shows an error at the time of opening, it is an indication that the installation has damaged and it has to be repaired.
- Use Auto Data Recovery copy
- Recover a backup from before the error occurred or restore your Auto Data Recovery copy of your company file. If the problem continues.
QB also provide a solution to resolve the issues. Try the given solution. If the error still exists, contact QuickBooks Technical Support and get help from there.
If you are still facing the QB Error 6150 then you can visit our Contact QuickBooks Technical Support. You can dial our toll-free number +1-855-441-4417 for a technical support. Our trained and certified ProAdvisor will help you resolve your error instantly.