This article contains information about QuickBooks Error code 6150 & 1006, and this will show you how to fix this error both manually and automatically. This Error 6150 occurs when the user tries to access the company file & has multiple possible causes. Read the complete article you will get all related information along with the way to fix the issue. This article will help you troubleshoot some common error messages related to error 6150 that you may receive. For any assistance or help contact our QuickBooks ProAdvisor toll-free: +1-844-405-0904
Here is a screenshot of the actual error:
An error appears when users trying to establish, open or work on the company file of QB. Please try to open the company file again. This error code 6150 can be fixed by performing certain systematic troubleshooting steps.
Table of Contents
Symptoms of Quickbooks Error code 6150
- Your computer frequently crashes with this error 6150 when running the same program.
- Error 6150 appears and crashes the active program window.
- Windows runs slowly and mouse or keyboard input responds slowly.
- Quickbooks Error 6150 is displayed.
- Your system freezes for a few seconds at a time.
The Error 6150 and 1006 messages can appear during program installation, while an Intuit Inc.-related software program is running, during Windows startup or shutdown, or even during the installation of the Windows operating system. Keeping a check on when and where this error occurs is an important piece of information in troubleshooting the problem.
Causes of Quickbooks Error 6150 and 1006
- QB-related files deleted by another program maliciously or mistakenly.
- Incomplete or damaged Quickbooks Software.
- Malware or Virus infection that will corrupt Windows system files or QB-related program files.
- QuickBooks Company Files are corrupted or damaged.
- Someone has mistakenly changed the file extension of QuickBooks Company files.
- When the user tries to open portable company file without opening QuickBooks Software.
- When the user tries to save QuickBooks Mac files in QuickBooks Windows version.
The reason behind the occurrence of the error is that the file you are trying to access is on a damaged platform. The same error can also occur when you try to restore data from a corrupted drive. There are few other error codes that can come under error 6150 are like 1006,01004. The possible causes for 6160-1006 are as follows.
Quick Methods to Fix QuickBooks Error 6150
- If the “Quickbooks Error 6150 and 1006” error message is associated with a “file-extension” of your company file, then in this case you have to think about replacing the “File extension” and then need to save the company file with the right extension.
- You need to assure and confirm that the “QuickBooks company file” is initiating on another computer.
- if your file is not updated, then try to reinstall QuickBooks
- Now later, you have to save “QB for Macintosh in your Mac system, and vice-versa.
- Next, you need to update your computer with a good anti-virus before opening up the “company file.”
- The above steps may be good enough to solve the errors code message 6150; if not, then you don’t need to worry go through the below steps. The below step will definitely help you out fron your issue.
How to Fix QuickBooks Error 6150
Method 1- You need to Restore from Backup
When the above-discussed quickstep does not work for you, then restore the “Company file” from backup is a great option to get rid of this error. To do this follow the below steps
- First, go to the QuickBooks and look for the File and click on it
- Next, click on ” Open or Restore Company
- Later, Go to the“Restore a backup copy” and click on it and choose the “local backup” & click on it
- Here from the “Look-In” drop-down list, you need to select the location of “ company file backup”
- Next, go to the backup, make sure the backup should be in the “.qbb” extension
- Now, click on Open and next Go to Save in drop-down window & go to the location where you want to restore the backup file.
- Next, go to the File-name field- type/insert a “new company ”
- And Make sure to check that the “save as filed” must be automatically saved to restore the file with the “.qbw” format.
- Now, click on “Yes”
- At last, enter “Yes” to confirm the modification process.
Limitation of the “Backup restore.”
- In most cases, users fail to create a backup file of the “Company file” because of ignorance, or user thinks these files are irrelevant
- The usual fresh/ latest updated backup is not available.
- Sometimes the Backup restoring will not give the accurate results.
Method 2- Create a “New QuickBooks Desktop file” from the beginning.
- Go to the QuickBooks Desktop and look for the “No company open window”, click on it and create a new company.
- Next, look for the QuickBooks Setup Window, open it & fill in all the necessary information.
- Click on the “create a company”
- Initiate with the making customers, the COA & services, etc.
Limitations of “Creating the New QuickBooks Desktop file from the beginning.”
- You are able to access the “Old data.”
- With the nonexistence of the “Old data,” you cannot verify or check your new data with old. It may be possible the info is inaccurate.
- You are no longer share the “Desktop file” on the network.
Method 3: Use Auto Data Recovery to Retrieve Lost Data
- Use Auto Data Recovery copy
- Recover a backup from before the error occurred or restore your Auto Data Recovery copy of your company file. If the problem continues.
Limitations of recovery through “QB Auto Recovery.”
- QuickBooks auto recovery is not compatible with QuickBooks Pro, QuickBooks Premier & QuickBooks Enterprise.
- This feature also not accessible with the “Accountant ”
- This feature has a restricted file-size limit ( limited to 1.5 GB only)
QB also provides a solution to resolve the issues. Try the given solution. If the error still exists, contact QuickBooks Technical Support and get help from there.
If you are still facing the QB Error 6150 then you can visit our contact QuickBooks Technical Support. You can dial our toll-free number +1-844-405-0904 for technical support. Our trained and certified accounting professionals will help you resolve your error instantly.