When QuickBooks is used for many months, some of the users found the QuickBooks Desktop screen is coming black instead of white. To sort out this problem, many resolutions exist. We will try to resolve your problem without consuming much time. We are providing more than one resolution if in case one resolution doesn’t work, try for another.
Meanwhile, you can also contact our technical support team, by dialling our toll-free number +1-855-441-4417.
Now you will read when you can find the QuickBooks Desktop turning black.
When do QuickBooks screen goes black:
QuickBooks Black boxes can appear on your desktop in case if-
- The sizing icons don’t appear at the top right of the window.
- Some of the buttons are missing.
- If a transaction form is not fit on the screen.
- When you maximize or minimize the window, the screen found is distorted.
- Font size becomes too big.
After a lot of research, we have found various solutions for how QuickBooks screen goes black as described below:
How to resolve QuickBooks Desktop Fields turned black?
There are various solutions of QuickBooks Desktop turning black that are defined below-
Solution 1: Restart the QuickBooks Desktop Software
User will be required to check QuickBooks Desktop process DBW32.exe is turned off and not running in the background at the time this resolution is taking place.
After verifying follow these steps-
- Click the Windows Start button and type taskmgr and press Enter, this will open the Windows Task Manager.
- Click on the Processes tab so that all processes running on your computer gets displayed. As in Windows 10, if tabs are not displayed then go to the arrow button More Details at the bottom.
- Now find a process named QuickBooks(32 bit) or exe.
- Once the user finds, click on it. After that End the process or go to End task at the bottom of the window.
Solution 2: Select the Quick Fix my program tool from the QuickBooks tools hub.
Step 1– Download the QuickBooks tools hub and install it.
The QuickBooks tool hub helps to fix the common errors as-
- Close the QuickBooks.
- Get the QuickBooks Tool Hub file downloaded and save it where you can easily find it.
- Open the file you downloaded (QuickBooksToolHub.exe).
- Follow the instructions come on the screen and agree to the terms and conditions and click on Finish.
- Double click on the icon to open the tool hub.
Note: If you can’t find the icon, you can search on Windows and select the program as-
Step 2– Now run Quick Fix my program.
- In QuickBooks tool hub, go to Program Problems.
- Select Quick Fix my program.
Solution 3: Update your video card drivers to the latest.
- Open the run command by clicking Windows key + R on your keyboard.
- Type dxdiag and press Enter.
- Go to Display 1. Note what the manufacturer/ model is.
- You can download the updates that are necessary (nVidia, ATI, Intel).
Solution 4: Change the theme of Windows to Basic.
- Right-click on your Desktop and go to Personalize.
- Select any basic theme of Windows.
- Now Restart your system and Open QuickBooks.
Solution 5: You can do changes in QBW.ini file.
- Close QuickBooks and go to Windows button.
- Select the file path respective to its version and search it.
|QuickBooks 2020||C:\ProgramData\Intuit\QuickBooks 2020\QBW.ini|
|Enterprise Solutions 20.0||C:\ProgramData\Intuit\QuickBooks Enterprise Solutions 20.0\QBW.ini|
|QuickBooks 2019||C:\ProgramData\Intuit\QuickBooks 2019\QBW.ini|
|Enterprise Solutions 19.0||C:\ProgramData\Intuit\QuickBooks Enterprise Solutions 19.0\QBW.ini|
|QuickBooks 2018||C:\ProgramData\Intuit\QuickBooks 2018\QBW.ini|
|Enterprise Solutions 18.0||C:\ProgramData\Intuit\QuickBooks Enterprise Solutions 18.0\QBW.ini|
|QuickBooks 2017||C:\ProgramData\Intuit\QuickBooks 2017\QBW.ini|
|Enterprise Solutions 17.0||C:\ProgramData\Intuit\QuickBooks Enterprise Solutions 17.0\QBW.ini|
- At the end of the file, copy the following text as-
- Now Save the QBW.ini file and Open QuickBooks.
After using QuickBooks Desktop for a long time, normally, black boxes error is found. In this, the screen goes black instead of white. There are various solutions through which you can overcome this error. You can initially start to resolve it by restarting the QuickBooks Desktop Software. If not resolved, you can go through other solutions defined above to overcome this error.
Hopefully, now you can resolve the QuickBooks Desktop screen turning black instead of white with the help of these solutions.
Still, if you have any queries, you can visit our page QuickBooks ProAdvisor Support team or for technical support, you may dial a toll-free number +1-855-441-4417.