QuickBooks Point of Sale Error 100060
- Last Updated on: January 30th, 2018
- Posted by: admin
- Category: QuickBooks POS
In this article we are discussing about QuickBooks Point of Sale Error 100060, this error indicates that system is not able to create some required records. There are various reasons behind this type of error but the good thing is that we can resolve this issue simply by following general steps in QuickBooks Financial software.
Related Article: QuickBooks Point of Sale Unexpected Error Resolution
Error 100060: QuickBooks POS could not create some necessary accounts in your QuickBooks
While using QuickBooks Point of Sale, if you see an Error 100060, this means that there are some necessary accounts which could not be created by the system. You can receive these kind of Error Messages when you are running a Financial Exchange, the first time for an account.
This can happen because of the following two reasons-
- During the first Financial transaction, the account might already be been active In the QuickBooks Point of Sale, or
- The user logged into might not have the QuickBooks administrator permissions.
Get the QuickBooks Support you need: Dial 1-855-441-4417 to talk with a proadvisor.
To fix QuickBooks Point of Sale Error 100060 , follow the following steps-
If, during the first Financial transaction the account might already been active in the QuickBooks Point of Sale then,
- Open the QuickBooks Financial software.
- Go to Edit select Preferences then go to Accounting.
- Go to Company Preferences and clear the ‘Use account numbers’ checkbox.
- And click OK
- Then from QuickBooks Point of Sale, perform a Financial Exchange.
- In QuickBooks, go to Edit and then in Preferences over to Accounting.
- Click Company Preferences and select Use account numbers checkbox to reactivate the account number feature.
- Click OK.
Related Blog: QuickBooks Point of Sale Errors and Troubleshooting
If The user logged into might not have the QuickBooks administrator permissions the following steps can be performed
- In the Point of Sale Company Preferences, click Cancel.
- In QuickBooks, choose File and then Close Company/Logoff.
- Click Open on the No Company Open screen.
- Log into the company file as the Administrator and choose Window and then Close All.
- In Point of Sale, choose File and then select Preferences as Company.
- Choose Accounts under the Financial preference head and verify that all accounts under the Basic tab and the Advanced tab has no brackets.
If any accounts still contained brackets and the appropriate account cannot be found in the drop down list, create the Account in QuickBooks:
- In QuickBooks, choose Lists select Chart of Accounts.
- Click on Account in the lower left portion of the screen and then selectNew.
- Choose an appropriate Account type and name the Account, filling the additional fields as required.
- Click OK and then close the chart of Accounts.
Related Article: What are the features in QuickBooks Point of Sale?
In Point of Sale, close and reopen the Company Preferences window and choose Accounts checking both basic and advanced. There should be no brackets at this time.
For Further assistance, you can call our QuickBooks Point of Sale support helpline 1855 441 4417.