QuickBooks Error 15270: (Payroll) Update did not Complete Successfully
- Last Updated on: January 16th, 2018
- Posted by: admin
- Category: QuickBooks Payroll
You can get this QuickBooks Error 15270 while downloading a payroll update. can be occurring when the user updates QuickBooks. Generally, you get this error message:
Error 15270: The (payroll) update did not complete successfully. The update is missing a file.
Don’t worry as our QuickBooks Payroll support team is always there to help you. Read the quick fix mentioned here or have a word of conversation with our ProAdvisor or experts. Dial 1-855-441-4417 to get in touch.
How do I fix QuickBooks Error 15270
- First, turn off UAC.
- Windows 7
- First of all, click the Windows Start button and select Control Panel.
- After that, click the View by the drop-down arrow and select Large icons.
- Then, click User Accounts.
- After that, click Change User Account Settings.
- After that, move the slider to Never Notify and click OK.
- First, click the Windows Start button, and then click Control Panel.
- After that, if it is not already selected, click Classic View on the left side of the window.
- Then, double-click User Accounts.
- Now, click Turn User Account Control on or off.
- After that, clear Use User Account Control (UAC) to help protect your desktop, and then click OK.
- Restart your computer.
- Restart QuickBooks and open the company file.
Steps to Update QuickBooks from help menu
- Click Help menu at the top.
- Select Update QuickBooks.
- At the center, click Options tab.
- Click Mark All to download QuickBooks update automatically.
- Click Save.
- Go to Update Now tab.
- On the check-box, put a check in Reset Update box.
- Once Download Completed pops up, click Close.
- Close and re-open QuickBooks to check.
I hope your error 15270 has been solved. If the above steps do not resolve this error and the problem persists, dial our QuickBooks technical support phone number +1 855 441 4417 and fix your error with the help of our experts.