Unable to download a payroll update in QuickBooks, with an error message of QuickBooks error 15270? Here you can get the solution guide to troubleshooting the error code. In this article, we will discuss, what are the reasons behind the QuickBooks update error 15270, and what are the solutions to the payroll update issue. In the meanwhile, you can find a QuickBooks ProAdvisor by dialing the toll-free number+1-844-405-0904 for further assistance.
Table of Contents
What is QuickBooks Payroll Update Error 15270
QuickBooks error 15270 is an update error, which mostly occurs when you try to update your QuickBooks payroll. It doesn’t allow us to update the payroll, that we have changed for the payroll.
Error Code: QuickBooks error 15270
Error Type: Payroll Update Error
Appeared In: QuickBooks Desktop
Error Message: Error 15270: The (payroll) update did not complete successfully. The update is missing a file.
Why the QuickBooks Payroll Error 15270 Occur
Here are some of the reasons, which causes the 15270 error in QuickBooks;
- Your default browser may not be the Internet Explorer.
- Incomplete download of any important file also create the update 15270 error.
- May be the program files are corrupted.
- Ensure that, the Windows is compatibility with the QuickBooks.
- May be the Account Settings is turn on.
How to Fix QuickBooks Error 15270
Here are the all possible solutions to the error code, check all of the solutions, and apply the solution according to your season type;
Solution 1: Download Entire Payroll Update
First of all, you can download the entire payroll update to troubleshoot the error code;
- First, you have to restart your QuickBooks.
- Click Install Later, if the QuickBooks Update Service window displays on your screen.
- Later go to the Help menu and click on Update QuickBooks.
- Go to the Update Now tab under the Update QuickBooks window. Later, click on the Reset Updates checkbox before clicking the Get Updates button. Select OK to confirm the reset.
- When the update is complete, the Get Update button is activated and the words “Update Complete” arrive below. Again restart QuickBooks.
- If the QuickBooks Update Service popup displays on your screen, then go with the Install Now option. The update must install successfully.
- Later, Go to Employees and look for the Get Payroll Updates and now try to again install the Payroll updates. Make sure Download the entire payroll update is chosen and select Update.
Solution 2: Verify the Subscription is Active
Check your subscription mode is active, or not:
For Basic, Standard, or Enhanced Payroll User:
- First, go to the Employees tab, and click on the ‘My Payroll Service‘ option.
- Then select the ‘Account/Billing‘ information or Account Info/Preferences.
- Sign in to your Intuit Account to see the QuickBooks Payroll Account Maintenance page and check your subscription is active or not.
For Assisted Payroll User:
- Go to the click Employees, then click on My Payroll Service.
- After that, select the ‘Account/Billing‘ Information or Account Info/Preferences.
- When the QuickBooks Payroll Account Maintenance will open, close the screen to verify the update immediately and verify your payroll service again.
Solution 3: Verify EIN and Service Key
When you are using social security numbers instead of employer identification numbers (EIN) then this error occurs, or if you have not yet registered a service key. So you need to verify these items on the QuickBooks Desktop.
Solution 4: Run Quick Fix my Program
You can run quick fix my program to resolve the issue;
- Close QuickBooks, and download the QuickBooks tool hub in the latest release version.
- Install the tool properly, by agreeing with the terms, and conditions.
- After that, double click on the tool to open it.
- Choose Program Problems from the QuickBooks Tools Hub.
- And then select the ‘Quick Fix my Program‘ option.
- It will run a quick process to fix the coomon error in the update process.
Solution 5: Check the Browser and Internet Connections
- Make sure your default browser is set to open the Internet Options menu by selecting the Internet Options Program tab. Click the Default button under Default Web Browser.
- Try to switch your internet connection from wireless (or Wi-Fi) to hardwire.
- Turning temporarily off User Account Controls turn off User Account Controls (Windows Vista, 7, and 8 users only) can also help you to get rid of this issue.
Hope, the above-discussed solution will help you to resolve error code 15270. If these steps do not resolve your error and the problem still persists, then reach us by dialing +1-844-405-0904 and fix your error with the help of our experts.