Having trouble regarding Sync QuickBooks files between two computers? how to use QuickBooks desktop on two computers? Don’t worry here you’ll get all the answers related to your questions. Just go through this article in detail. You also can talk to an Intuit certified QuickBooks ProAdvisor and get help without wasting your time and effort.
Synchronizing increased productivity and enhances flexibility in accessing the data. And, it is seen that most of the users wish to sync their data between devices in order to increase their productivity and enhance their flexibility in accessing the data. But they fail to sync the QB files between two computers as they don’t have any clear knowledge about it.
Here, we will provide you with trouble-free steps for how to sync QB files between two computers? As many users want to sync data or files between the devices in their workplace or home.
Note: Just make sure that there is a correct installation option for each computer, before syncing the files. And, also you need to check for both the computers connected on the same network or not. There is one more option available for you that is you can also uninstall and reinstall QuickBooks on both the computers and then use QuickBooks on both computers with the right options.
Process to Synchronizing QuickBooks Files
In order to sync QuickBooks files between two computers, one way is to check correct installation options for each computer and connect both the computer on the same network and the other best way to uninstall QuickBooks on both PCs and reinstall QuickBooks Desktop on both computers with the right options.
When you re-install and configuration will be completed on both desktop then primary desktop stores your company files and allow you to Synchronize data to other computers on the network. Other then this you can use Data Transfer Utility known as a third-party commercial utility if it contains two separate company files that need to be merged.
Note: Sync Quickbooks files between two computers allows and makes it easy for employees to collaborate on one unified accounting report.
Steps to Sync QuickBooks files between two computers
- Install and Download Data Transfer Utility provided by Intuit. Marketplace on the primary computer which hosts your company file (link in Resources).
- Paste your company file to the primary computer from a secondary computer.
You can save the company file to disk or transfer it to the source computer over your network.
- Start QuickBooks on the primary computer. Choose ‘File’ and open a company file from the secondary computer and choose ‘Open company’.
- In Data Transfer Utility. Select Open Source Company button in the “Export Data from the source company“.
- Choose ‘Yes and permit access even if QB is Not Running’ and see the option to permit the application to access personal data. Click on ‘Continue’ ‘Yes’ and ‘Done’ in QuickBooks.
- Choose the ‘Close’ button in the ‘Currently Connected To’ field within the Data Transfer Utility.
- Check the ‘File’ menu and choose ‘close Company’ in QuickBooks.
- Click on the ‘File’ option and then click ‘Open or Restore Company’ and choose ‘Open a Company’ in QB.
- From the ‘Import Data Into Destination Company’ choose ‘Open Destination Company’ of Disk Transfer Utility.
- Choose ‘Yes, Always permit access even if QB is Not Running’ and allow the application to access personal data.
Click “Continue,” “Yes” and “Done” in QuickBooks.
- Choose the ‘Close’ button for ‘Currently Connected To’ field in the Data Transfer Utility.
- Select the ‘File’ menu and select ‘Close Company’ in QB.
- Choose ‘Type of Data’ and ‘change’ button of Data Transfer Utility choose an option that best presents the information you want to import into the Destination file.
- In Data Transfer Utility goto ‘Import Data Into Destination’ and choose the Import Data button.
Hope, now you have successfully synced the files between two computers.
Steps to share the Desktop version between two computers
The database file manager allows QuickBooks to interact with the desktop company file. Use this supported mode to set your file i.e. the recommended multi-user set is the company file stored on the host file.
Steps to Turning ON host:
Note: Make sure if you are using a server to host your file, then you don’t need to turn on hosting for workstations. Turn on hosting is only applicable to the host computer.
- Go to the File menu, choose Utilities.
- Select Host Multi-User Access.
- Choose Yes to confirm.
After turning on host, follow these steps:
- First, go to your server computer i.e, computer that physically stores your company file.
- At your server computer i.e, computer hosting your company files, go to the start menu and look for the database.
- On the resulting drop-down, select QuickBooks Database Server Manager.
- If in case there are no folder locations are displayed, then simply click on Browse and browse the folder where you need to save your company files. then select OK.
- Choose Start Scan, that repairs all firewall permissions to enable QB to communicate over the network.
- When completed, choose Close and try to open QB in Multi-User mode on your workstations.
Learn and support
As a result, I hope you find this blog useful. If you need any further information related to this topic or QuickBooks. Or if you are facing any issue while using QuickBooks. Or your QuickBooks is not working. Please feel free to contact us at our toll-free Customer Service+1-855-441-4417. consequently, Our intuit experts will give you Quality and instant support.
More articles for you: