Today, we have come with a new blog about “Verify and Troubleshoot QuickBooks Desktop and Internet Explorer Settings”. As we know, every problem has solutions and you will get all these solutions here by reading the blog. Stay connected with us to get instant help for all your queries immediately. Here we have advised how to verify and troubleshoot the process in steps with images that give you actual information related to processing. Go through the article to get your issue resolved for any assistance or help contact our QuickBooks ProAdvisor through Toll-Free No. +1-844-405-0904
When you have connected your computer to the internet, not inside of QuickBooks Desktop but you start facing some difficulties in updating payroll as well as performing tasks, then it is required to configure Internet Explorer on your computer.
Table of Contents
Points to Remember
- Before applying the steps of encountering it, you are required to do the task on different PC to check whether the problem exists on your PC or not. If it is successfully done, verifies your network if you have any and is having good compatibility with QuickBooks software.
- Ensure that you have already updated your Internet Explorer to the latest release(IE 11) if you have Internet Explorer 10 and its older versions then ready to update it to the latest release as soon as possible.
How to Verify Internet Explorer Settings
Look at the steps helpful for you in verifying the Internet Explorer Settings. Apply all the steps in the given order. We are always advised to apply complete steps to get the best results.
- Make and Use Internet Explorer as your Default Browser.
- You have to check that your computer date and time is accurate
- Open your System Tray and then click twice on the time display
- Go to the Date and Time Settings window and check that the date and time are accurate or not. If not then modify it as necessary.
- Choose Time Zone and pick the right time zone as per your support location
- It is optional to set the right time format. It supports two formats:
- 24 hours
- 12 Hours
Note: If your computer is connected on a network, you must require to verify the server containing both the correct date and time.
- Check out Cipher Strength
For Internet Explorer 11
- Browse to the Intuit Official site by following the link(www.intuit.com)
- Press and hold the Alt key on your keyboard, it helps you in making your Menu Bar visible
- After that choose File and then Pick Properties
- Then, look for the number before the phrase ‘bit encryption’ (you get this option under Connection)
Note: Cipher strength can be anything but not be less than 128 bit. If it is, then it means your Internet Explorer is Damaged. Along with this, QuickBooks Desktop Process requires encryption from Internet Explorer will also not functioning properly.
- Update Settings by choosing Tools and then ready to pick Internet Options
- First of all, Go to Tools and click on it, then pick the Internet Options
- Move to the General Tab and then pick Delete. After that choose Temporary Internet Files then hit Delete
Note: For deleting the cookies do not select
- Open the Connection Tab and then Choose LAN Settings
- For automatically Detect Settings, you have to mark the checkbox next
- Ensure that Proxy servers are blank whenever you use one
Note: You are required to check with your IT administrator
- Select OK
- Go to the Advanced Tab and check ¾ of the way in the drop-down list
- Ensure that both SSL 2.0 and SSL 3.0 are properly marked.
- If it is properly marked, then you have to clear the box preset next to Check for Publisher’s certificate.
- Stay on the same Advanced Tab, and move your cursor to scroll down at the bottom or end line and check whether it has:
- Make sure TLS 1.2 Checked
- Ensure that TLS 1.0 and TLS 1.1 are not checked, if it is checked just clear the checkbox.
How to Troubleshoot in QuickBooks Desktop
We will offer multiple steps and solutions to Troubleshoot in QuickBooks Desktop Won’t open. Apply these steps one by one without skipping and in the given format. These are:
- Verify that your Subscription is Active
- Simply Reset the QuickBooks Desktop Update
- Check your payroll Service Key is accurate or not. Follow the simple steps to check the Payroll Service Key.
- Firstly, Select Employees and then pick My Payroll Service
- Select Manage Service Key
- Pick Edit and then verify that the Payroll Service is accurate, if not go through other steps to make it correct
- Choose Next and then Finish. This leads you in updating your payroll successfully
If you are unable to find the Service Key, don’t worry, you can easily find it through Service Key Retrieval Tool. This tool helps you in entering and editing the payroll service key in QuickBooks as well as finding Service Key.
How to Run Quick Fix my Program from the QuickBooks Tools Hub
You are eligible to run the Quick Fix my program from the QuickBooks Tool Hub by following the simple step. Take a look at the step.
Step 1: Download and Install QuickBooks Tool Hub
The QuickBooks Tool Hub will be very helpful in fixing common errors. For providing the best experience and faster results, we always advised using Tool Hub on Windows 10 as well as 64 bit.
- Shut or close QuickBooks
- We advised you to download the latest or trending release of QuickBooks Tool Hub i.e. (220.127.116.11). Save the file at the location where it is easy to find. (Use downloads to save the file or you can save the file by creating the folder whose name matches the file name on your Desktop).
Note: In case, you already downloaded the QuickBooks Tool Hub then check out the QuickBooks Tool Hub Version which you have. Choose the Home Tab. The version will appear to you at the bottom right and if you want to view your version, just choose the About option.
- Open the Downloaded file named as (QuickBooksToolHub.exe).
- Follow the on-screen prompts for proper installation and you need to agree about their Terms and Conditions for the successful installation
- Once the installation finishes, click twice on the icon on your Windows Desktop to open the QuickBooks Tool Hub.
You will see the icon on your screen represented as:
If you do not find this icon on your screen, Manually search the QuickBooks Tool Hub in Windows and choose the program. If the tool is in your system, it will open to you. You can see in the picture:
Step 2: Run Quick Fix My program
- From the QuickBooks Tool Hub, Choose Program Problems
- After that, choose QuickBooks Fix My Program
- Then, Start QuickBooks Desktop and open the Data File by clicking on it
If you are unable to resolve the issues by following the steps listed above, then go for others, you may want to:
- Repair Internet Explorer
- Using QuickBooks File Doctor to automatically configuring your firewall, antivirus, and third party program settings. It will take a maximum of 1 minute to open the File Doctor.
- Bypass the router indicating that you are required to directly plug the internet connection into the computer
- You can reset the router, specifying by unplugged the power cord, waiting for a few seconds, and plugged the power back in).
The Bottom Line
We hope, after reading the blog, you can easily Verify and Troubleshoot QuickBooks Desktop and Internet Explorer Settings successfully. But if you still have any queries related to the topic, no worries, feel free to contact our Intuit certified Proadvisors through the technical support toll-free number +1-844-405-0904. You will get 24/7 complete support and assistance by contacting our professionals.