Fix QuickBooks Error 15102 When Downloading Payroll or QuickBooks Desktop Update
- Last Updated on: December 11th, 2018
- Posted by: QB
- Category: QuickBooks Error
QuickBooks error 15102 occurred when downloading a payroll or update QuickBooks Desktop, you receive a message,“ Error 15102: Failed to reset update”. In this article, we discussed how to fix this error. You can also contact QuickBooks support team and take help from Intuit certified QuickBooks ProAdvisors at toll-free +1-855-441-4417.
Possible cause of QuickBooks Error 15102
- When a specified download location is invalid or not accessible. And shared Download is turned on.
- If QBD is running in a terminal services environment in multi-user mode.
- It can occur if you are not logged in as Windows Administrator. Or running the application as Administrator and using Windows Vista
Here in this post, we are discussing how to get rid of this QuickBooks error 15102. After applying these given steps, you will able to download the latest payroll update and QuickBooks Desktop update. You only need an active payroll subscription.
Note: This error also occurred if you are not using the latest version of QuickBooks Desktop. So you have to reset your program update and download the latest tax table again.
Follow the steps to fix QuickBooks Error 15102
Switch to the single user mode If you are using multi-user mode.
Make sure that the mapped file location is correct.
- To open the Product Information window you have to press CTRL+1. Find the mapped location path; for example: [x]:\[folder name]\[data file name] and write it down.
- Select Help and Update QuickBooks.
- Now Click on the Options tab and make sure that the information in Download Location is correct.
- The drive in Download Location has to be the same drive that appears in the Product Information window if Shared Download is set to Yes.
- The directory in Download Location has to be the same as the QuickBooks Desktop installation directory. When Shared Download is set to No.
- Change the state of that location If the location is incorrect. Choose one of the following:
- If Yes for Shared Download is selected, then select No for Shared Download. Click Save. But if No selected for shared download the choose yes.
- Click on the Save.
- Then Click Close and download the latest tax table again.
If the download location is correct, remap the drive to a new letter.
- Close your QuickBooks Desktop company file.
- Remap your network drive to a new letter.
- Using the new mapped-drive letter, open your company file.
- Choose Help > Update QuickBooks.
- Click the Options tab.
- Turn Shared Download off and then back on again.
- Verify that the download location is using the new mapped-drive letter.
- Click Save > Close.
- Download the latest tax table again.
Run QuickBooks Desktop as an administrator, If you continue to have issues in Windows Vista.
- Right-click the QuickBooks icon and choose Run as Administrator from the desktop.
- Click on Continue when the User Account Control (UAC) prompts you to run this application.
- Reset the QuickBooks updates.
I hope this will help you to resolve this QuickBooks error 15102, if not then call us at our toll-free QuickBooks error support number +1-855-441-4417. Our expert’s team will help you to resolve your issue all over the USA.
If you want to get advise from other business owners then visit our QuickBooks Community and find your Queries. If you cannot find your query the post your question to get the answers.