Having trouble due to QuickBooks error 15102, QuickBooks payroll Desktop update error? Then this article is for you to offer you the best solutions to troubleshoot the error15102. QuickBooks error 15102 occurred when downloading a payroll or update QuickBooks Desktop, you receive a message,“ Error 15102: Failed to reset update”. In this article, we discussed how to fix this error. You can also contact the QuickBooks support team and take help from Intuit-certified QuickBooks ProAdvisors at toll-free +1-844-405-0904.
Possible causes of QuickBooks Error 15102
- When a specified download location is invalid or not accessible. And shared Download is turned on.
- If QBD is running in a terminal services environment in multi-user mode.
- It can occur if you are not logged in as Windows Administrator. Or running the application as Administrator and using Windows Vista
Here in this post, we are discussing how to get rid of this QuickBooks error 15102. After applying these given steps, you will able to download the latest payroll update and QuickBooks Desktop update. You only need an active payroll subscription.
Note: This error also occurred if you are not using the latest version of QuickBooks Desktop. So you have to reset your program update and download the latest tax table again.
Solutions to QuickBooks Error 15102
Solution 1: Switch to single-user mode
It is recommended to switch to single-user mode if you are using multi-user mode. If you want to do this in QuickBooks, First, go to the File menu and later select on single-user mode.
Solution 2: Confirm the mapped file location is accurate.
Click the F2 key on your keyboard. You will get a product info window on your screen. Then once you find the mapped location path and jot it down.
Now, on the current window look for the Help Menu &then go to the Update QuickBooks.
To verify that the download location information is accurate click on the Options tab.
If the shared download is fixed to YES, the drive in the download location must be the same drive that appears in the product information window.
If the shared download is set to NO, the directory of the download location must be the same as the QuickBooks Desktop installation directory.
You need to change the state of location if the location has been as incorrect.
Displace YES with NO if YES is chosen for shared download and later select save.
Displace NO with YES If NO is chosen for shared download and later select save.
Now choose to close to exit the product info window.
Presently, download the latest tax table once again.
Solution 3: Remap the drive to a new letter, in case of the accurate download location
- Close your QuickBooks Desktop company file.
- Remap your network drive to a new letter.
- Using the new mapped-drive letter, open your company file.
- Choose Help > Update QuickBooks.
- Click the Options tab.
- Turn Shared Download off and then back on again.
- Verify that the download location is using the new mapped-drive letter.
- Click Save > Close.
- Download the latest tax table again.
Solution 4: Run QuickBooks Desktop as an administrator
- Run QuickBooks Desktop as an administrator, If you continue to have issues in Windows Vista.
- Right-click the QuickBooks icon and choose Run as Administrator from the desktop.
- Click on Continue when the User Account Control (UAC) prompts you to run this application.
- Reset the QuickBooks updates.
Hope, this article will help you to resolve this QuickBooks error 15102, if not then call us at our toll-free QuickBooks support number +1-844-405-0904. Our expert team will help you to resolve your issue all over the USA.