Install multiple QuickBooks Desktop versions on one computer
- Last Updated on: October 10th, 2018
- Posted by: admin
- Category: QuickBooks Desktop
Popularly known QuickBooks accounting software fascinating because its working features are more flexible. QuickBooks provides various types of the facility like as you can run and Install multiple versions of the QuickBooks Desktop and editions of QuickBooks on the same desktop. Different versions can be open at the same time, whereas different editions must be opened one at a time so users work will be easier.
- Version: A version is the numeric notation of the product’s release. Examples are QuickBooks Desktop 2018 and QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise 18.0.
- Edition: An edition refers to the set of features included in a product. Examples are Pro, Premier, and Enterprise.
- Flavor: A Flavor refers to an industry-specific set of sub-features of a product. Examples are Contractor’s, Non-Profit and Retail.
- Region: A region refers to a specific location. Eg., United States, Canada, and the United Kingdom.
Related article: How To Set Up Multiple Users in QuickBooks Online.
Before you install multiple product installations, note the following:
The following point should keep in mind when you install the product,
- Multiple versions of QuickBooks Desktop can reside on the same computer.
- Only one flavor can install per Premier or Enterprise version of QuickBooks Desktop.
- Note: You can assume the QuickBooks Desktop Edition as a flavor of Premier desktop. And also you can adjust the Accountant Edition to any other flavor of Premier or Pro desktop.
- The multiple versions such as QuickBooks Desktop 2017 and 2018 can be used at the same time. If you are using QuickBooks Premier 2018 and need to open QuickBooks Premier 2017, so you don’t need to close Premier 2018 before you open Premier 2017.
- Only one QuickBooks edition like as QuickBooks Premier & Enterprise can be used at one time. When you work in QuickBooks Premier 2018 and need to open QuickBooks Enterprise 18.0, you must close QuickBooks Premier before you open QB
- You should not install multiple regions of a QuickBooks Desktop on the same desktop.
- Note: It is recommended that you use a virtual system or web hosting service to house an environment for each part of QuickBooks Desktop you wish to run, as compared to your own region.
- Data files impossible to share between QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise and other QuickBooks Desktop versions, or between different years version.
- If you normally use Premier and if you want to try out Desktop Enterprise, opening the Premier data file in Desktop Enterprise will irreversibly. In that case, you cannot use the premier. If you want to try a different edition, then you have to open a sample file in the edition of your interest, instead of opening your company file.
- If you open a QuickBooks Premier 2017 data file in QuickBooks Premier 2018, QuickBooks updates the data file so that it cannot be more used in Premier 2017.
- Steps to install the manual update are different. If you update QuickBooks with the help of manual update. You will be prompted to select the edition for an update if there are more than one editions installed.
Related article: Shall I install QuickBooks Desktop Pro on more than one computer?
Easy Steps for how to Fix this issue
Install multiple QuickBooks Desktop versions on one Computer by using different installation folders,
- Firstly, launch the downloaded version of QuickBooks Desktop.
- Change the installation location:
- Select Custom and Network Options and click Next.
- Choose the installation option you prefer and click Next.
- When the Upgrade or Change Installation Location window appears, select the first option to Change the install location.
- (Optional) Click Browse or Change if you want to manually select a different installation folder.
- Click Next to continue.
- Follow the instructions to complete the installation.
- You can use the desktop shortcut created for the version you installed to open that version.
Our Customer Help
We have tried to provide a clean and easy representation of all steps. However, If you are unable to perform any action or need support; you can call on our QuickBooks Customer Support helpline Number +1-855-441-4417.
You may also like: